Cup Defeat Financial Disaster - Hardy

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think given the dire financial situation and desperate need for a cup run, we'd have played the strongest team available to us in an attempt to win the game and progress in the competition. :blink:

Yep its very odd,

Might be a tad drastic this comment,

But Saturday may just have ruined Oldham Athletic Football club

You'd think given the dire financial situation and desperate need for a cup run, we'd have played the strongest team available to us in an attempt to win the game and progress in the competition. :blink:

that's the thing i can't understand either. i'm not getting into second guessing the manager who i think has done a good job so far this season, but when going out of the cup = "financial disaster" in the eyes of the chief exec, how is it that the manager can fail to pick the strongest team available? just doesn't make sense.

We have no financial backer anymore. Any bills/wages have to be paid by what the club earns. The club isn't making enough money to pay those bills/wages.

Without a financial backer funding the losses we make we will go into Admin when someone decides to claim their money back.

Chris Moore didn't directly put us into Admin it was HMRC when the bills to them weren't being paid after he took away all funding of the club.

Yeah I get all that but what I don't get is the following

Whats the state of play with our shareholders have the board had any contact with them since the summer?

Are they actively looking to sell their shares in OAFC and the Boundary Park Land?

Where are we with project Failsworth?

Do we have enough money to get to the end of the season.

Are those house going to be built behind the chaddy end and if failsworth doesn't go ahead will this still happen and where will the money go?

Whats the state of play with Brassbank

Will we be turfed out off in 2014 when the agreement is up?

We have £4.5 million worth of debt who is it owed too?

If Ive missed something then if someone can point this out then feel free however I'm just confused about the whole thing. People did the bucket collections back then because the situation was clear Chris Moore did one and we had to fire fight to save the club right now the whole thing just seems confusing.

that's the thing i can't understand either. i'm not getting into second guessing the manager who i think has done a good job so far this season, but when going out of the cup = "financial disaster" in the eyes of the chief exec, how is it that the manager can fail to pick the strongest team available? just doesn't make sense.

Indeed

Common sense is not as common as people think.

Whats the state of play with our shareholders have the board had any contact with them since the summer? They've always been in contact

Are they actively looking to sell their shares in OAFC and the Boundary Park Land? They have been

Where are we with project Failsworth? It's with the council and the charity commission

Do we have enough money to get to the end of the season. No. Unless we receive extra money. We don't have a financial backer though

Are those house going to be built behind the chaddy end and if failsworth doesn't go ahead will this still happen and where will the money go? I don't know

Whats the state of play with Brassbank? I don't know

Will we be turfed out off in 2014 when the agreement is up? Will we make 2014? If the club folds we won't be playing there anyways

We have £4.5 million worth of debt who is it owed too? Blitz, Corney & Gazal

If Ive missed something then if someone can point this out then feel free however I'm just confused about the whole thing. People did the bucket collections back then because the situation was clear Chris Moore did one and we had to fire fight to save the club right now the whole thing just seems confusing.

The main issue is we are losing money and there's no one at the moment willing to fund the losses. That's all that matters right now. Failsworth won't happen if someone puts us into Admin. We could easily lose everything. Brassbank is the owners insurance policy.

Whats the state of play with our shareholders have the board had any contact with them since the summer?

Does Simon Corney still speak regularly with Simon Blitz? Oh, I would say so.

Are they actively looking to sell their shares in OAFC and the Boundary Park Land?

They are actively looking for investment, so if that happens, the shares would be sold. As for the land, everything has a price.

Where are we with project Failsworth?

Awaiting a ruling. Out of the hands of the directors.

Do we have enough money to get to the end of the season?

Probably not. Player sales in January might just see us through.

Are those house going to be built behind the chaddy end and if failsworth doesn't go ahead will this still happen and where will the money go?

Can't answer this one and I'm not into speculating. Maybe somebody else can pick this one up?

Whats the state of play with Brassbank?

No change. They still own the land.

Will we be turfed out off in 2014 when the agreement is up?

Again, can't answer and won't speculate.

We have £4.5 million worth of debt who is it owed too?

Simon Blitz, as directors loans.

Is any of this news?

There's no money and we are losing it still.

Would it be all bad if the club went under for TTA? They'd have the houses built in an area without a football club, and worth considerably more. They can do what they want with the Failsworth land. They can blame the clubs demise upon the fans of the club not turning up, although they'd probably have to pull the trigger due to the finances owed to them.

Would it be all bad if the club went under for TTA? They'd have the houses built in an area without a football club, and worth considerably more. They can do what they want with the Failsworth land. They can blame the clubs demise upon the fans of the club not turning up, although they'd probably have to pull the trigger due to the finances owed to them.

Do you not think they'd have done this the day that Simon Blitz quit, if that was the intention? Do you think they'd be spending money opening a shop in Spindles, if that was the intention? Simon Corney is still around and is still trying to make it work and I actually think that he/they is more honourable than he/they are given credit for.

History may prove me to be totally wrong but we'll see.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

I genuinely believe the owners have had the best interests of the club at heart and may still do now but not at the expense of themselves. They still own the land so should it not work out they can still recoup monies by selling BP.

If things had gone to plan we would be at Ferney Fields now with things looking a lot better financially for all parties. It didn't and neither has any other plan which finds us in this mess.

At the moment, the big questions are:

1) How rich is Corney?

2) How much is he prepared to throw at it?

Hopefully both numbers are large.

I don't know how rich he is but I highly doubt he's prepared to throw a lot at it. Anyways it shouldn't be down to one man to throw his wealth at a club, we should be self-financing at this level and we aren't.

SC would rightly have expected full commitment for the Accrington FA Cup match and didn't get it.

He may be as disillusioned as us all now and like the dwindling fans decide enough is enough.

I'm surprised he's stuck at it as long as he has.

SC would rightly have expected full commitment for the Accrington FA Cup match and didn't get it.

He may be as disillusioned as us all now and like the dwindling fans decide enough is enough.

yup , that defeat could be the straw that broke the camels back so to speak

Manger and Board in epic joined up thinking failure...

We simply don't have the squad or money to priorities both the league and the cup so someone has made a major feck up here... Everything should of been thrown at the cup runs...

Well Unless Corney picked the team then its Dickov

Well Unless Corney picked the team then its Dickov

IF the importance of a good cup run was made clear to him... If you just say to him both are important then it make perfect sense to rest a player for a cup game against a weaker side. Like wise it makes sense if you say the league is the most important. IF the cup was the priority then it was stupid as stupid gets.

IF the importance of a good cup run was made clear to him... If you just say to him both are important then it make perfect sense to rest a player for a cup game against a weaker side. Like wise it makes sense if you say the league is the most important. IF the cup was the priority then it was stupid as stupid gets.

Jesus even my Nan knows how important the cup is I really hope Dickov didnt need telling !