Cup Defeat Financial Disaster - Hardy

Jesus even my Nan knows how important the cup is I really hope Dickov didnt need telling !

I think you are being a bit naive about the amount of direction a manager needs from his board...

I would like to hear what direction he has been given regarding this season. If he wasn't told to prioritise the cup at the possible expense of the league then for me his decisions made sense, even if it didn't come off...

If we had beat them and a key player got an injury I will bet people would of been questioning why certain players wasn't rested for a game we should of easily won.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope the club doesn't create a budget around having a good cup run!

Leeds United ? :wink:

I said at the start of the season when we was signing all these players it was fecking stupid. I was shot down being told we have a "budget" and we can't afford not to. Well, I still think it was stupid and it seems the "budget" was very reliant on a good cup run...

Its just stupid, like most of what goes on in football...

I am not sure I agree with Alan Hardy's decision to publicly slate the result, we all know that we could have done with a cup run but surely the club should have a united front and sing from the same hymn sheet and perhaps look ahead to ensuring me are not out numbered on Saturday when we play Huddersfield.

I know the club are in a mess financially as to most fans, but we don't want it constantly rammed down our throats!

PR doesn't seem to be the best at the moment and hasn't been the same since Stu Vose left for the bright lights of the Premier League, whilst I know Tony Bugby is a Latics fan he needs to remember he is working for the club and thus try and be positive, it is their job to make sure we come and support the boys.

Leeds United ? :wink:

I said at the start of the season when we was signing all these players it was fecking stupid. I was shot down being told we have a "budget" and we can't afford not to. Well, I still think it was stupid and it seems the "budget" was very reliant on a good cup run...

Its just stupid, like most of what goes on in football...

You know what helps ?

Fans through the turnstiles :wink:

Edited by razza699

Corney said there was a budget in place and everyone thought that was what we needed to stick to but the after the financial results came in Corney said the budget was only what we needed to spend as a minimum to get through the season but the funding wasn't actually there for it. Don't think they had budgetted the 'cup runs' but they must have prayed for it!

I really hope the club doesn't create a budget around having a good cup run!

I am pretty sure, it wsa stated several times the budget did not include a cup run.

That said attendances have dwindled.

We are over spending to the budget, clearly have players onth e transfer list

we have shippe a few out, os hopefully the budget is on a more even keel.

The question is how big a budgeted loss do we have.

You'd think given the dire financial situation and desperate need for a cup run, we'd have played the strongest team available to us in an attempt to win the game and progress in the competition. :blink:

that's the thing i can't understand either. i'm not getting into second guessing the manager who i think has done a good job so far this season, but when going out of the cup = "financial disaster" in the eyes of the chief exec, how is it that the manager can fail to pick the strongest team available? just doesn't make sense.

Yep its very odd,

Might be a tad drastic this comment,

But Saturday may just have ruined Oldham Athletic Football club

Or brought forward the inevitable.

The importance to the Club of a good cup run this season was staring everyone in the face before the game. A top half League finish this season and a strong squad to go for the Play-offs next season, coupled with a good F.A. Cup run, to bring in finance and create excitement in the town, were the basis for progress on and of the field.

Now the disastrous long-term consequences of the defeat at Accrington should not be underestimated by anyone.

What we saw on the pitch on Saturday makes a mockery of the manager’s pre-match comments.

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/PaulD...2208024,00.html

The main issue is we are losing money and there's no one at the moment willing to fund the losses. That's all that matters right now. Failsworth won't happen if someone puts us into Admin. We could easily lose everything. Brassbank is the owners insurance policy.

Is any of this news?

There's no money and we are losing it still.

Would it be all bad if the club went under for TTA? They'd have the houses built in an area without a football club, and worth considerably more. They can do what they want with the Failsworth land. They can blame the clubs demise upon the fans of the club not turning up, although they'd probably have to pull the trigger due to the finances owed to them.

At the moment, the big questions are:

1) How rich is Corney?

2) How much is he prepared to throw at it?

Hopefully both numbers are large.

I don't know how rich he is but I highly doubt he's prepared to throw a lot at it. Anyways it shouldn't be down to one man to throw his wealth at a club, we should be self-financing at this level and we aren't.

SC would rightly have expected full commitment for the Accrington FA Cup match and didn't get it.

He may be as disillusioned as us all now and like the dwindling fans decide enough is enough.

My question to everyone on here is:

If you won the Lotto or Euro Millions, would you be willing to put your money into the Club, knowing that, effectively, you would be treated with contempt by the very people who claim to be your supporters but never put any of their money into your Club?

How is saying If Dickov didnt know that this cup was important then he is daft talkign reactionary bollocks ?

Well Unless Corney picked the team then its Dickov

That is reactionary bollocks... It places the blame directly on one person with little evidence to support it.

You have no idea what Dickov has been told to make a priority yet you put the blame in his corner by default... The fans seem split on what is more important, league or cup, so why do you automatically think the board and manager are not ?

You can spout the line he should of picked a side that won... If only football was so simple... I think it is understandable he might rest key players for weaker opposition and if you lose, well, that is just the way it goes sometimes...

The "budget" didn't include a cup run it seems from other comments... So its reactionary to me if you just say its all Dickovs fault. But hey ho...

Edited by oafc0000

The importance to the Club of a good cup run this season was staring everyone in the face before the game. A top half League finish this season and a strong squad to go for the Play-offs next season, coupled with a good F.A. Cup run, to bring in finance and create excitement in the town, were the basis for progress on and of the field.

Now the disastrous long-term consequences of the defeat at Accrington should not be underestimated by anyone.

What we saw on the pitch on Saturday makes a mockery of the manager’s pre-match comments.

If you won the Lotto or Euro Millions, would you be willing to put your money into the Club, knowing that, effectively, you would be treated with contempt by the very people who claim to be your supporters but never put any of their money into your Club?

I would think about it ,

but I wouldnt throw stupid money at it , I would keep the club up and running , give the manager a decent budget , re develop BP and make sure that it can start making money in the long run

Hell no!

No I said in my opionion its Dickov thats made a major :censored: up in reply to your comment. I didnt say its all Dickovs fault , far from it , those 14 players should have performed 100 times better that that

Manger and Board in epic joined up thinking failure...

We simply don't have the squad or money to priorities both the league and the cup so someone has made a major feck up here... Everything should of been thrown at the cup runs...

That is reactionary bollocks... It places the blame directly on one person with little evidence to support it.

You have no idea what Dickov has been told to make a priority yet you put the blame in his corner by default... The fans seem split on what is more important, league or cup, so why do you automatically think the board and manager are not ?

You can spout the line he should of picked a side that won... If only football was so simple... I think it is understandable he might rest key players for weaker opposition and if you lose, well, that is just the way it goes sometimes...

The "budget" didn't include a cup run it seems from other comments... So its reactionary to me if you just say its all Dickovs fault. But hey ho...

But they lost and he must expect the resultant flak.

I am not sure I agree with Alan Hardy's decision to publicly slate the result, we all know that we could have done with a cup run but surely the club should have a united front and sing from the same hymn sheet and perhaps look ahead to ensuring me are not out numbered on Saturday when we play Huddersfield.

I know the club are in a mess financially as to most fans, but we don't want it constantly rammed down our throats!

PR doesn't seem to be the best at the moment and hasn't been the same since Stu Vose left for the bright lights of the Premier League, whilst I know Tony Bugby is a Latics fan he needs to remember he is working for the club and thus try and be positive, it is their job to make sure we come and support the boys.

WE may not want it ramming down when it is already stuck in our throats, but AH is spelling out to those who do not attend BP, but still follow the Club from their armchair or pub bar-stool, that the Club cannot manage on the paltry attendances it is getting. they refuse to attend or put money into the Club, and therefore Administration looms once again. Will they then raise their voices once again in a big plea to avoid liquidation?

Based on recent attendances, home performances and last Saturday's abject performance, it is inevitable that WE will be outnumbered by Huddersfield supporters.