A New Dawn at Oldham

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it you?

Unfortunately not. Shamefully, this afternoon I was just over the border in The Three Crowns for a meal with the in-laws....letting out some beefy ones.

Well gutted I missed the game.

Edited by Yard Dog

There is defo something going on... There is no way Peter Ridsdale is just popping down to watch a footie game with his best buddy Hardy.

Correct!!!!

One game could be a get together...however, attending 2 or 3 games in succession tells us something is definitely happening!!!!

TTA want out. Clearly. That's a true statement. Who wants in? we don't know. The shame of it all is that TTA didn't strike it lucky on PD from day one. they'd most likely got what they wanted when they had high hopes and real dreams.

So, what have we established?

1. Peter Risdale is fronting a takeover.

2. The backers are the owners of the rights to all of Hans Christian Anderson's work, together with Helena Christiensen (who died her hair blonde and joined Stitch on the pitch for the half time draw).

3. Paul Scholes will play next season, replacing Furman who's £5m sale proceeds will be used to repay TTA their "investment". Scholes will then join the coaching staff with a view to replacing Dickov as first team manager when he moves to Real Madrid.

4. Simon Corney will be welcome to attend all future games as Life President of the club, and a statue will be erected in his honour outside Primark.

5. Jim Gannon will be the new director of football with responsibilites for youth development, scouting and being seen in the directors box more than Peter Risdale.

6. Andy Ritchie will be on the new board with a remit to represent the fans interests as he's more popular than Barry Owen.

7. Sean Gregan will return from Fleetwood and Risdale will be appointing him as Chief Fish Procurement Officer for the new tanks in the executive suite.

8. A new stadium is being built around the Mumps area of town when the tramlines are moved up to Union Street.

TTA want out. Clearly. That's a true statement. Who wants in? we don't know. The shame of it all is that TTA didn't strike it lucky on PD from day one. they'd most likely got what they wanted when they had high hopes and real dreams.

I agree with that completely.

Whilst I think that the current situation of only SC of the TTA possibly means they have taken the club as far as they can.

But how anyone can prefer Peter Risdale to Simon Corney, by stating they want SC to leave, is beyond me.

People are forgetting the level of investment that they have put in.

The worry for me, is transferring the SB Directors loans of £4m to debt to Peter Risdale that might be banks money.

Sheff Weds situationn is a reminder.

Yet some people seem to think that this will be free money.

Debt is debt, be it Simon Blitz, Peter Risdale or some bank or consortium.

Debt is debt, be it Simon Blitz, Peter Risdale or some bank or consortium.

No.

There is managable debt owed to 'friendly' creditors.

And then there is completely unmanagable debt owed to shady organisations, the banks and HMRC.

Ridsdale seems somehow addicted to the latter.

I don't give a stuff about what SC said in the chron last week

I know for a fact that he was talking about negotiations for the sale of the club at the game today.

He said in his interview with Gordon when asked if there were any buyers "No". But when asked about funding after being knocked out of the cup. He said negotiations were in progress, and I presumed that to mean, new members joining him on the board, but I may be wrong.

At the time they had their a version of Dickov in Dowie and Harbin. A young enthusiastic manager who was getting players to perform way beyond their abilities through a mixture of new training methods and a modern approach to the game. The heart had been ripped out of the side during the firesale but if Dowie had stayed and TTA had backed him in the short term then......

But that's in the past and we are where we are now. We need the football people of Oldham to back Dickov now, not tomorrow or yesterday and get bums on seats at BP and raise their voices behind the team. If we're going bust or being taken over lets do it together, the team, the management and the supporters.

At the time they had their a version of Dickov in Dowie and Harbin. A young enthusiastic manager who was getting players to perform way beyond their abilities through a mixture of new training methods and a modern approach to the game. The heart had been ripped out of the side during the firesale but if Dowie had stayed and TTA had backed him in the short term then......

But that's in the past and we are where we are now. We need the football people of Oldham to back Dickov now, not tomorrow or yesterday and get bums on seats at BP and raise their voices behind the team. If we're going bust or being taken over lets do it together, the team, the management and the supporters.

Amen to all that! :ktf:

were tta and dowie at the club at the same time?

i thought they was here manager before talbot ?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...nds-565902.html

Oldham's owners, Simon Corney, Danny Gazal and Simon Blitz, had hoped Dowie would stay after their takeover was given the go-ahead in January. But following Dowie's departure the trio refused to be rushed into finding a replacement.

My memory isn't what it used to be but I thought there was a spell? I remember something about a Mercedes that TTA weren't happy about or some such.

Dowie left in December 2003, with the TTA not officially taking over until February 2004. However, they were on the scene weeks earlier and put £200k into the club in October 2003 to keep us going until the takeover could be concluded.