Hudds first half

the thing that mostly stood out to me today was the commitment of every single player in a latics shirt today, first to every loose ball, awesome challenges, good passing and moving,

KEEP IT UP !

Such a difference from last week, obviously had a big kick up the backside last week.

Well done PD & GT!

the thing that mostly stood out to me today was the commitment of every single player in a latics shirt today, first to every loose ball, awesome challenges, good passing and moving,

KEEP IT UP !

totally agree. hudders didn't know what hit them. for all the money they've thrown at it, we beat them in every other way and made them look average.

it's a cliche but that is the way to play football IMO. a goal in added time would have been the icing on the cake for me.

QUOTE (BP1960 @ Nov 13 2010, 19:28 PM)

Pace, movement, passing, power, it was all there.

Have to disagree with you there, it certainly wasn't all there.

Only thing missing was our finishing.

Pace? Yes.

Movement? on and off the ball

Passing? Sublime at times

Power? I should say so!

Agree that all of the above was there - first half in particular

Finishing? If only... it will come and then we will give someone a hiding - soon :wink:

QUOTE (BP1960 @ Nov 13 2010, 19:28 PM)

Pace, movement, passing, power, it was all there.

Pace? Yes.

Movement? on and off the ball

Passing? Sublime at times

Power? I should say so!

Agree that all of the above was there - first half in particular

Finishing? If only... it will come and then we will give someone a hiding - soon :wink:

As soon as say a couple of weeks? :bounce:

We basically got back to doing what we did brilliantly in pre-season and the first 3 or 4 games of this season.

TEMPO - TEMPO - TEMPO

We were snapping into challenges, we pressed the ball; hunting down in 2 & 3's, the counter attacks were at pace and used 1 & 2 touch crisp passes, and we looked composed and assured at the back. Chris Taylor set te example with the 'meaty' challenge on the cart-horse that is Peter Clarke......top stuff.

Back to the levels we acheived vs Burnley, Bolton, Wigan & Preston......and Tranmere, Notts County & Charlton......

Great to see & great entertainment. Play like that on a consistent basis and we'll be there or there abouts.

I am just about recovered from yesterday..wow!!

The only gripe I have is I hate the 1-0 score line - unless its the end of the game, during the game for me its biting the nails down to the knuckles and trying to surpress a heart attack too.

Next time we raise our game to this level can we please be 3 up at half time and 10 up at full? :grin:

I cannot even chose a MOTM as they we in the main all great,fanatastic team effort, fantastic team huddle at the end with Chris Taylor jumping on top. What a great piccie that is going to be.

Phew!!!

Hope we have persuaded some of those fans who ventured into BP yesterday to return. A team effort/game like that is worth the dosh.

I am enjoying watching latics so much this season and a great atmosphere too. Maybe keeping the fans in two stands rather than split into three is something to consider.

Next game for me - Rochdale, bring it on (well except for the weather)

I am just about recovered from yesterday..wow!!

The only gripe I have is I hate the 1-0 score line - unless its the end of the game, during the game for me its biting the nails down to the knuckles and trying to surpress a heart attack too.

Next time we raise our game to this level can we please be 3 up at half time and 10 up at full? :grin:

I cannot even chose a MOTM as they we in the main all great,fanatastic team effort, fantastic team huddle at the end with Chris Taylor jumping on top. What a great piccie that is going to be.

Phew!!!

Hope we have persuaded some of those fans who ventured into BP yesterday to return. A team effort/game like that is worth the dosh.

I am enjoying watching latics so much this season and a great atmosphere too. Maybe keeping the fans in two stands rather than split into three is something to consider.

Next game for me - Rochdale, bring it on (well except for the weather)

Well said. Couldnt of put it better myself. I've enjoyed myself alot this season. I'd rather have two stands aswell, it improves atmosphere. especially in the chaddy. Recently it has had a tiny bit of atmosphere but yesterday was pretty darn good.

Next game for me is also rochfail.

Missing the exeter game because im off to a gig :(

- Anthony

- keep the faith

Well said. Couldnt of put it better myself. I've enjoyed myself alot this season. I'd rather have two stands aswell, it improves atmosphere. especially in the chaddy. Recently it has had a tiny bit of atmosphere but yesterday was pretty darn good.

Next game for me is also rochfail.

Missing the exeter game because im off to a gig :(

- Anthony

- keep the faith

If its to be two stands, chaddy end must surely be for the away fans. Worst view in the ground, only one team (Sheff Wed) is likely to bring more than the chaddys capacity, and the sound that comes from the chaddy is crap, about 2000 in chaddy singing sounds like 200 singing, RRE has far better views than chaddy, better facilties (well a bar..) and generates alot more atmosphere as fans are heard easier

If its to be two stands, chaddy end must surely be for the away fans. Worst view in the ground, only one team (Sheff Wed) is likely to bring more than the chaddys capacity, and the sound that comes from the chaddy is crap, about 2000 in chaddy singing sounds like 200 singing, RRE has far better views than chaddy, better facilties (well a bar..) and generates alot more atmosphere as fans are heard easier

Can't agreee with that. I don't think the view is that much better. Especially at this time of year when the sun is low. I don't like the idea of the icy wind and rain blowing into me either. I'd rather put up with the fewer facilities. As for the atmosphere, that is made because both sets of fans are in the same stand, and listenening from the Chaddy the Latics singing is not all that loud, and sometimes a handfull of away fans make more noise.

Can't agreee with that. I don't think the view is that much better. Especially at this time of year when the sun is low. I don't like the idea of the icy wind and rain blowing into me either. I'd rather put up with the fewer facilities. As for the atmosphere, that is made because both sets of fans are in the same stand, and listenening from the Chaddy the Latics singing is not all that loud, and sometimes a handfull of away fans make more noise.

Think the views are much better, can see the opposite goal easily and can tell whether its going/is in whereas in chaddy, i couldnt tell until other fans started jumpin up nd down. And the atmosphere isnt made because of both sets of fans are in the same stand, did you not hear huddersfield at the start of the game yesterday? They easily outsung the fans in chaddy end. All down to opinions though.