Away Following at Gayfarm

You haven't filled it since we got promoted from Division 2. You may have done the season we were relegated, but wasn't it the last day of the season and you needed a result to make the Play Offs? (Hazy memory).

We might have bought a few poor attendances but we did so when we were managerless, or under Ritchie and Ternent... pretty similar situation to you last season. Noone wants to spend their weekend/evening watching a club that has no prospect of getting anywhere at a ground that they've visited numerous times.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You haven't filled it since we got promoted from Division 2. You may have done the season we were relegated, but wasn't it the last day of the season and you needed a result to make the Play Offs? (Hazy memory).

We might have bought a few poor attendances but we did so when we were managerless, or under Ritchie and Ternent... pretty similar situation to you last season. Noone wants to spend their weekend/evening watching a club that has no prospect of getting anywhere at a ground that they've visited numerous times.

that's the spirit!

That's a yes then :grin:

Christ that makes me feel old matey!!! Poor sod, so all you've known is this :censored:ty league????

God if that makes you feel old, then I have the very same programme from '86 too prozac that you showing below and I was 15 then..aagghh!

Must now stop counting backwards my age at birthdays.

My Highlights since relegation from the top-flight

McCarthy's hat-trick at Notts County

Battering big spending Wolves 4-1 on Boxing Day, hundreds locked out (Boxing Day '94

Winning at Grimsby the day after "Yer :censored: and yer stink of fish!..."

Battering a very good Bolton team in the last home game of 94-95

Beating a very good Leicester side 3-1 (inc a 18 year old Heskey)

Winning 3-1 at Vale Park Easter Monday '96

Beating Stoke 2-0 to stay up

Didn't go to many in 96-97 (only 21 games) due to working weekends

But Winning at QPR in Warnock's first away game was a special day

Since we've been in this league, some of my personal Highlights (Games I've been at)

3-3 draw with Burnley in April '98 was a fantastic atmosphere

Winning on our last ever visit to Maine Road in March '99

Andy Holt's late winner at Wrexham April '99

Beating Stoke (with 10 men) and Reading to stay up May '99

Allott's goal v Bury Sept '99

Winning at The JJB and completing the double over them later that season Jan and Apr '00

Carlo's 4 v Wrexham in a 5-1 win Feb '01

Late comeback to draw 3-3 at Wrexham - Aug '01

Boxing Day win at Blackpool 2001

Two goals in a matter of seconds at Hull FAC Dec '01

Roger Palmer returning to BP at half-time during the 2-0 win over Port Vale in Dec '01 and taking a pen at the Chaddy End

Finally beating Tranmere at BP - August '02

Wijnhard's demolition of Mansfield - September '02

Battering Huddersfield 4-0 - September '02

The win at Derby

The win at West Ham

2-0 down after 7 minutes at Plymouth and still drawing 2-2 Nov '02

The Christmas double whammy in winning at Crewe and Tranmere

Eyresy's last minute free-kick at Stockport

The atmosphere at QPR in the second leg of the Play Offs

Muzza's consolation v Brighton after the summer of hell

Shez's display and the fighting spirit in gaining a 2-2 draw at Hillsborough the week after

O'Halloran's last-minute winner v Rushden

The late-winner v QPR Post Dowie departure

Ernie's goal and the football we played in the 3-3 draw at Grimsby, Boxing Day '03

Beating big spending Wednesday at BP

Celebration Sunday - My 27th Birthday

THAT Win at Swindon, better than any cup shock imo April '04

The party atmophere at Meadow Lane, a superb day of celebration. We had survived in more ways than one.

2-0 down v Walsall yet win 5-3

Betsy's debut rocket

The late win v Barnsley, dead and buried at 2-1 going into injury time yet we win 3-2

The superb display at Bradford a week later

Beating City in the cup

Signing Beckett

Beating Bradford (Although we should never have been in that situation and it is a low point as well)

The 4-3 thriller v Bristol City, what a game - had everything

Beckett's late brace v Gillingham, Chaddy End hadn't celebrated like that for years

Hammering Forest 3-0

Beckett's hat-trick v The Donkey Lashers

The sheer joy when Malongo scored that winner v Swansea

The 3-0 at Huddersfield Fantastic!

Demolishing Forest 5-0

Beating Ronnies Tramps 1-0

The win at Swansea - what a day and performance

Davies last minute winner v Swansea

Coming from 2 down to beat Crewe

Winning at Everton, what a day but heartbreaking to see how many fans we have lost

Two kids destroying Carlisle - Smalley and Lewi

Battering Tranmere 3-1

Destroying Hudds 4-1

3-0 at Vale Park

The 4-1 at Crewe one of the finest away performances if not THE finest i've seen in 25 years

The comeback v Millwall to win 4-3

The 3-3 at Hartlepool had everything

Joe's reception on his comeback

The draws at Charlton and Southampton last season

The win v MK Dons last season

The stayaways are throwing all the above away, why???????

oh and....

Everything about this season so far, world is against us but that's when we come out fighting and some of the football we have played this year is real Latics old school.

Thanks for having the balls to gamble Simon, and thanks for your efforts so far PD and GT keep it up.

Sorry for going off an a tangent, you know what i'm like when I start...there's been a lot of good days in this division too, I hope there's plenty more to come...

I wanted to say something really really different for my 1000th post on owtb.

However just reading Prozacs post sums up why I am a Latics fan.

It really doesn't matter which division we are in, it is times and the memories like those listed that make it so worth while and I think you appreciate them so much more when you have put up with the dross that we also see.

Here's to the highlights that we haven't experienced yet.

Cheers,

Harry

Edited by Harry Dowds Green Shirt

Battering big spending Wolves 4-1 on Boxing Day, hundreds locked out (Boxing Day '94

Since we've been in this league, some of my personal Highlights (Games I've been at)

Winning at The JJB and completing the double over them later that season Jan and Apr '00

Roger Palmer returning to BP at half-time during the 2-0 win over Port Vale in Dec '01 and taking a pen at the Chaddy End

The win at Derby

The win at West Ham

Shez's display and the fighting spirit in gaining a 2-2 draw at Hillsborough the week after

Ernie's goal and the football we played in the 3-3 draw at Grimsby, Boxing Day '03

The party atmophere at Meadow Lane, a superb day of celebration. We had survived in more ways than one.

Betsy's debut rocket

The late win v Barnsley, dead and buried at 2-1 going into injury time yet we win 3-2

Beating City in the cup

Signing Beckett

Beating Bradford (Although we should never have been in that situation and it is a low point as well)

Beckett's late brace v Gillingham, Chaddy End hadn't celebrated like that for years

Hammering Forest 3-0

Demolishing Forest 5-0

Winning at Everton, what a day but heartbreaking to see how many fans we have lost

Battering Tranmere 3-1

Destroying Hudds 4-1

3-0 at Vale Park

The 4-1 at Crewe one of the finest away performances if not THE finest i've seen in 25 years

oh and....

Everything about this season so far, world is against us but that's when we come out fighting and some of the football we have played this year is real Latics old school.

Thanks for having the balls to gamble Simon, and thanks for your efforts so far PD and GT keep it up.

Sorry for going off an a tangent, you know what i'm like when I start...there's been a lot of good days in this division too, I hope there's plenty more to come...

Brilliant Post. The thing that made the 2002/2003 was the dowie punch! at the end of brilliant game, everyone would stay behind, all the players and staff would come over and clap the fans, true team spirit that season. Best season of my lifetime anyway! None of the other seasons i've been watching Latics have stood out like that one did, i just wish i was abit older so i'd of remembered it properly. Wigan away that season was a personal highlight but there we're so many, even the 1-1 draw at Mansfield where Eyresy got sent off and Fitz Hall scored a penalty late one, Keith Curl was a dirty b*stard that day aswell!

The team spirit in 2003/2004 was also top but they were never going to reach the heights of the preceding season, not with that non-existant budget. If only Chris Moore hadn't run out of money, maybe we could be up there now, because that 2002/2003 team was definately championship maybe even bottom end premiership quality and we were just unlucky that there were also so many other teams that were so good. Cardiff, QPR & Wigan were all top sides!

Brilliant Post. The thing that made the 2002/2003 was the dowie punch! at the end of brilliant game, everyone would stay behind, all the players and staff would come over and clap the fans, true team spirit that season. Best season of my lifetime anyway! None of the other seasons i've been watching Latics have stood out like that one did, i just wish i was abit older so i'd of remembered it properly. Wigan away that season was a personal highlight but there we're so many, even the 1-1 draw at Mansfield where Eyresy got sent off and Fitz Hall scored a penalty late one, Keith Curl was a dirty b*stard that day aswell!

The team spirit in 2003/2004 was also top but they were never going to reach the heights of the preceding season, not with that non-existant budget. If only Chris Moore hadn't run out of money, maybe we could be up there now, because that 2002/2003 team was definately championship maybe even bottom end premiership quality and we were just unlucky that there were also so many other teams that were so good. Cardiff, QPR & Wigan were all top sides!

didnt we win that mansfield game 1 nil with fitz hall scoring a very late penalty, that was an unbelievable day, i remember it well, that must have been one of my first away games and afterwards the mansfield fans were throwing coins at us and one hit a little kid.

didnt we win that mansfield game 1 nil with fitz hall scoring a very late penalty, that was an unbelievable day, i remember it well, that must have been one of my first away games and afterwards the mansfield fans were throwing coins at us and one hit a little kid.

Yeah, Eyresy was sent-off and they had two sent-off including Player Manager Keith Curle

Mansfield away - class. Definately a one nil win, Clyde's comeback game which was totally unexpected, Fitz Hall blasted in a penalty at the end for us to win 1-0. Cue carnage on the car park after the game, brilliant performance/day out etc. What a huge away support we took, superb atmosphere.

Oh yes i remember it now, i remember the shock to Fitz Hall taking a penalty!

One of the best away games i've been to!

Anyone else bothered by the casual homophobia in the thread title?

I'm not bothered because some farms are gay.

Bernard Matthews turkey farms for example. Bernard prefers it because the turkey's spend all day in the gym (making more meat) and looking after themselves.

Anyone else bothered by the casual homophobia in the thread title?

Get a bleedin life mate, what's up with describing somewhere as a 'happy farm'!!!!

What's homophobia when it's at home :grin:

You need to get out more, i ain't got a problem with gay people, one of my boyfriends is one :shock:

Don't look for :censored: when there ain't any to find :blink:

The win at Derby

The win at West Ham

Betsy's debut rocket

Beating City in the cup

Signing Beckett

Hammering Forest 3-0

Demolishing Forest 5-0

Battering Tranmere 3-1

Destroying Hudds 4-1

3-0 at Vale Park

oh and....

Good post - bought back some memories.

Couldn't spot these, but would add:

- Winning 5-2 at Wycombe under Dowie

- Gary Mac's last minute equaliser at Scunthorpe

- Hughes' hat-trick at the new Den

- 2-0 win at Leeds

- 3-2 win at Swindon midweek under Ronnie. For 70 minutes we played like Real Madrid. For the next 20 minutes (and the rest of the season) we played like Ronnie would want!

I'm not bothered because some farms are gay.

Bernard Matthews turkey farms for example. Bernard prefers it because the turkey's spend all day in the gym (making more meat) and looking after themselves.

That's true, straight women who chose to knock about with homosexual turkey's are informally known as Turkey Lurks