League One Team of the Week

No players north of MK...but there aren't many teams north of MK. I am surprised we haven't got any in it this week, but to say it's because of southern bias is ridiculous. We have had players in it quite a few times already this season.

Really,

Us

Huddersfield

Walsall

Rochdale

Hartlepool

Carlisle

Sheffield Weds

Notts County

Tranmere.............

Think they'd all beg to differ.....

Edited by slystallone

No players north of MK...but there aren't many teams north of MK. I am surprised we haven't got any in it this week, but to say it's because of southern bias is ridiculous. We have had players in it quite a few times already this season.

geography not your strong point mate :lol:

Depends on your quantifying of 'not that many'.......

for me that would be 1 or 2; not 9..........but hey ho.

For me it would be about 6 out of 24. Clearly it was an off the cuff remark said without really thinking about it. But do you agree with the point I am making or not as this really is a thread about the team of the week.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

For me it would be about 6 out of 24. Clearly it was an off the cuff remark said without really thinking about it. But do you agree with the point I am making or not as this really is a thread about the team of the week.

Nit picking on your post I know – sorry –

There’s a definite Southern Bias to the league; slightly improved this season by ‘Dale coming up; and Sheffield Weds coming down, but 9 ‘northern’ sides is as good as it’s been for a while IIRC.

As for the team of the week – I never ever pay them any lip service at all – they’re usually created by bods in an office; who base their selections from the paper player stats; which more often than not have also been ‘guessed at’ by bods in an office too.

The only select team i usually look at and debate is the player selected team of the year; voted for by the players of L1 themselves. Other than that; meh.

The only select team i usually look at and debate is the player selected team of the year; voted for by the players of L1 themselves.

Spot on. I seem to recall Neal Eardley being voted best right back in the league by his peers a couple of seasons back.