Oldham V ECFC Matchday thread

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It all came from a mistake from Dickov.

He likes tinkering with a winning team, doesn't he?

First half was as good as anything I have seen in a long time - it could have been 6 EASILY. Second half we started slowly and gradually dropped deeper, we were still hitting them on the break and Furman was desperately unlucky when he smacked a lovely effort against the post. Jones comes on and we lose tempo, then when Exeter make it 3-1 through another error from Brill (he has been better this year but that goal changed the game), we take off another two outlets in Taylor and Evina for the static Lewi and Feeney. We drop deeper and deeper and it really does become a matter of time. Fuming after that, we're a team of kids yes, but the manager showed his inexperience tonight too. What the hell did he say at HT?

Real chalk and cheese, Dickov has been a revelation so far but tonight his tinkering it wasn't needed. Still a point's a point and we go to Dale needing the win now and perhaps much lower on confidence than we perhaps were at 8.45 tonight.

Edited by oafcprozac

In the twenty years that I've supported Latics there hasn't been a single occasion when we've come back from a three goal deficit yet somehow we manage to let another team do it in thirteen minutes. And at home against Exeter for f'cks sake.

Unbelievable.

I suppose you just have to take the rough with the smooth, Dickov has done an amazing job this season but tonight he showed his inexperience. Just got to forget about it and move on to Saturday, third if we win.

stephens needs dropping and booted into the reserves he was so poor, how can a ball hit the post then go out for a corner ? then handball it into the net for the goal ?

:censored:ing disgraceful refing, subs not needed, sloppy !

god help us weekend absoultly :censored:e tonight.

Harsh on Stephens he was very good in the first half, they were all too deep and unable to keep hold of the ball. Captain Rubes worries me, he's the most experienced out there and he panics more than anyone...

stephens needs dropping and booted into the reserves he was so poor, how can a ball hit the post then go out for a corner ? then handball it into the net for the goal ?

were we really that bad??? for 60 minutes we battered em! yes we screwed it up in the end but to say we were absolutly :censored:e tonight is not true

ah, is that what happened? couldnt see from chaddy.

Harsh on Stephens he was very good in the first half, they were all too deep and unable to keep hold of the ball. Captain Rubes worries me, he's the most experienced out there and he panics more than anyone...

his passing was sloppy ever since his new contract he has sat back and done the hell he wanted. he was poor id rather have jarrett there !

were we really that bad??? for 60 minutes we battered em! yes we screwed it up in the end but to say we were absolutly :censored:e tonight is not true

we was brilliant for 45 minutes second half we come out thinking oh breeze this to full time, exeter deserved it with a masive help from the ref. to be 3-0 up at half time we should of cruised to victory, i know all this "but we are oldham" crap even a sunday pub team would be heavily critised for playing like school kids in the 2nd half.

First half was as good as anything I have seen in a long time - it could have been 6 EASILY. Second half we started slowly and gradually dropped deeper, we were still hitting them on the break and Furman was desperately unlucky when he smacked a lovely effort against the post. Jones comes on and we lose tempo, then when Exeter make it 3-1 through another error from Brill (he has been better this year but that goal changed the game), we take off another two outlets in Taylor and Evina for the static Lewi and Feeney. We drop deeper and deeper and it really does become a matter of time. Fuming after that, we're a team of kids yes, but the manager showed his inexperience tonight too. What the hell did he say at HT?

Real chalk and cheese, Dickov has been a revelation so far but tonight his tinkering it wasn't needed. Still a point's a point and we go to Dale needing the win now and perhaps much lower on confidence than we perhaps were at 8.45 tonight.

Jones and particularly Feeney just don't seem to have been swept along with the positivive vibe at the club at the moment.

It’s pretty ironic that the man who was part of the Man City team that scored twice against Gillingham in injury time in that play-off final, thinks a game is won after 75 minutes! It will be interesting to hear his post-match comments.

Ah well, onto Rochdale.....

his passing was sloppy ever since his new contract he has sat back and done the hell he wanted. he was poor id rather have jarrett there !

we was brilliant for 45 minutes second half we come out thinking oh breeze this to full time, exeter deserved it with a masive help from the ref. to be 3-0 up at half time we should of cruised to victory, i know all this "but we are oldham" crap even a sunday pub team would be heavily critised for playing like school kids in the 2nd half.

What decisions did the ref make second half?

Can't believe the collapse I've just witnessed. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it started to go their way after our first sub.

Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks, Bollocks...I'm in a :censored: mood now.

Edited by Yard Dog