Oldham V ECFC Matchday thread

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop Stephens. Hes been poor ever since he got his new contract. Stick a magnet in the ball and one in Brills arms because that first goal was fookin pathetic! Then he had the guts to shout at the defence complaining! Feeney, sorry but if he is going to be our main goal getter this season we are fooked. Thats twice i've seen him take it back, instead of attacking, and we have conceded twice from it, if i was Brooke or Kelly i would be demanding answers from PD why that useless lump is getting on instead of them - do fleetwood want another player?

White, Tonk, Furman all looked good, but we missed Lee, especially in last 20, Winchester was out of energy, Nardiello tore him a new hole, Jones offered no protection, can't wait for Morais to come back! Taylor - put some effort in!!! and dont be such a wimp, and shut up getting lippy with the officials.

Credit to Exeter, we was crap all night, only reason we scored 3 in first half was because Exeter hardly challenged us on the times when we got the ball.

Not true.

Exeter was spraying passes all over the field all night, we only scored in first half was when they couldnt be bothered to pressure us, making us look good.

Taylor put some effort in? Who were u watching in the first half? He was tackling, using his silky skills, throwing his weight around and scored a peach of a goal! Yeah, he did chase the ref round the pitch when he didn't get a decision in the second half but apart from that.....

So your basing it purely on one half? The amount of times he wimped out of it today etc, he could do with watching dvds of Tounkara playing.

Drop Stephens. Hes been poor ever since he got his new contract. Stick a magnet in the ball and one in Brills arms because that first goal was fookin pathetic! Then he had the guts to shout at the defence complaining! Feeney, sorry but if he is going to be our main goal getter this season we are fooked. Thats twice i've seen him take it back, instead of attacking, and we have conceded twice from it, if i was Brooke or Kelly i would be demanding answers from PD why that useless lump is getting on instead of them - do fleetwood want another player?

White, Tonk, Furman all looked good, but we missed Lee, especially in last 20, Winchester was out of energy, Nardiello tore him a new hole, Jones offered no protection, can't wait for Morais to come back! Taylor - put some effort in!!! and dont be such a wimp, and shut up getting lippy with the officials.

Credit to Exeter, we was crap all night, only reason we scored 3 in first half was because Exeter hardly challenged us on the times when we got the ball.

Sorry rob but that is bunkum.....we were terrific first half and moved the ball around well :huh:

Taylor's and Stephen's quality was one of the reasons we dominated the first half. Stephens should have been brought off for Jarrett though at 3-1.

Gutting.

But at the end of the day we know we have a young and inexperienced side and things like this can happen.

It was pretty similar to Peterborough away in many ways.

Despite the failures, there are also loads of positives to take from that game. And a hell of a lot to learn too.

It was sensational value for money.

Sorry rob but that is bunkum.....we were terrific first half and moved the ball around well :huh:

Exeter was spraying passes all over the pitch in first half. Yes we had a few decent moves at times, but overall, when we had the ball Exeter didnt pressure us in first half - second half they did and we crapped it.

Taylor's and Stephen's quality was one of the reasons we dominated the first half. Stephens should have been brought off for Jarrett though at 3-1.

What exactly did they both do in first half? Yes, taylor scored, but what else did they both do? Taylor lost it numerous of times, stephens failed to play some simple balls.

stephens needs dropping and booted into the reserves he was so poor, how can a ball hit the post then go out for a corner ? then handball it into the net for the goal ?

:censored: disgraceful refing, subs not needed, sloppy !

god help us weekend absoultly :censored:e tonight.

What a load of baloney. Calm down dear, its Oldham Athletic. We were far from :censored:e first half. Did you read the comments from PD that said not to get too carried away and be patient?????? Obviously not! Its a young side which will make mistakes, and a young manager who will make mistakes!

Exeter was spraying passes all over the pitch in first half. Yes we had a few decent moves at times, but overall, when we had the ball Exeter didnt pressure us in first half - second half they did and we crapped it.

What exactly did they both do in first half? Yes, taylor scored, but what else did they both do? Taylor lost it numerous of times, stephens failed to play some simple balls.

[/quote

First half was faultless I thought, as good as Huddersfield. I had visions of their gaffer giving an interview after the game tipping us for promotion

Rob OAFC - sorry but your talking balls.

That 1st 45mins was some of th best football i've seen us play in 10 years.......tempo, pace, pressure, passing, movement - it was all there. How you can say it was crap is beyond me????

2nd half, whilst the tempo had dropped; we were still in control. Their 2 subs changed the game, Noble came on and impacted the midfield; he started to dominate and was snapping around the imddle of the park and Danny Nards came on and used his exerience on thier left flank; to give Winchester a torrid time of it.

Our subs needed making; but IMO it was wrong personelle used; in particular either Kelly or Brooke should have come instead of Feeney, and Jones should have been told to cover Winchester (if he was told; he ignored it)

Still spewing, absolutely gutted that we've thrown a 3 nil lead away - and it definately feels like a loss.........but we got the point, nd i said 4 from Exeter & 'Dale, so it jut means we have beat 'Dale now!! Play like we did for; what, 60 mins and we'll roll 'Dale i'd say....defend like we did last 20mins and we'll get took apart.

We've answered any questions asked of us so far (Accy loss onto Hudds win for example) - same again on Sat.

Rob OAFC - sorry but your talking balls.

That 1st 45mins was some of th best football i've seen us play in 10 years.......tempo, pace, pressure, passing, movement - it was all there. How you can say it was crap is beyond me????

2nd half, whilst the tempo had dropped; we were still in control. Their 2 subs changed the game, Noble came on and impacted the midfield; he started to dominate and was snapping around the imddle of the park and Danny Nards came on and used his exerience on thier left flank; to give Winchester a torrid time of it.

Our subs needed making; but IMO it was wrong personelle used; in particular either Kelly or Brooke should have come instead of Feeney, and Jones should have been told to cover Winchester (if he was told; he ignored it)

Still spewing, absolutely gutted that we've thrown a 3 nil lead away - and it definately feels like a loss.........but we got the point, nd i said 4 from Exeter & 'Dale, so it jut means we have beat 'Dale now!! Play like we did for; what, 60 mins and we'll roll 'Dale i'd say....defend like we did last 20mins and we'll get took apart.

We've answered any questions asked of us so far (Accy loss onto Hudds win for example) - same again on Sat.

Best 45 mins you have seen in 10 years.. did no one else on here notice Exeter not exactly putting us under pressure? We took our 3 goals well, White was superb, unlucky not to have bagged himself a hat-trick. We might have had some pace,tempo pressure etc but only because Exeter didnt challenge us, unlike the Hudders game where the challenged us but we totally ripped them apart.

Gutted to throw it away like that. 1st half was excellent and eclipsed our 1st half performance against huddersfield. 2nd half and we still had control of the game and had Furmans shot gone in, it probably would of finnished 5 or 6. Then at about the 70 minute mark we did everything we could do wrong. Dickov Should of took Winchester of as the lad was tiring after another good performance but with Whites defensive sense and more importantly EFFORT the two of them were coping with there winger. Then when Jones came on well the poor lad had no help what so ever and they started to overun him by sending the fullback up aswell. Now i wont blame what happened on any individual player but the performance i saw from Ritchie was embarrasing. He clearly jumped out off 4 or 5 challenges in the 15 minutes or so that he was on the pitch and never once broke sweat and hopefully he won't be anywhere near the 1st team untill he sorts himself out. Feeney was typical Feeney by not really doing anything or holding the ball up and using his experience to help us overcome the hole we had got ourselves into. I think Brooke and Kelly offer much more despite the inferior reputations in the game.

Signs were coming before it happened but we were coping well enough untill the changes were made. Hopefully The management and players learn from it and make sure it doesnt happen again.

As for Saturday, the same 11 need to start and perform like they did 1st half for 90 minutes and if they do we will walk away from Spotland Very happy and very drunk!!

Changes to the bench is what i hope to see Sat.

First half was faultless I thought, as good as Huddersfield. I had visions of their gaffer giving an interview after the game tipping us for promotion

No where near as good as first half against Hudders. We might have took our chances this time, but we tore Hudders a new hole, Exeter just stood off us, anyone notice that they pressured us second half and dominated? (not much going forward until Brill had one of his moments)

Exeter are a good side and even being 3-0 up Exeter looked a good passing side. They couldn't live with our attacking, our runs into the box, the variety etc. We were fantastic first half, Exeter were being ripped apart by a far superior side. Exeter were lucky we weren't ahead by more.

Shame about the last 20 minutes.

No where near as good as first half against Hudders. We might have took our chances this time, but we tore Hudders a new hole, Exeter just stood off us, anyone notice that they pressured us second half and dominated? (not much going forward until Brill had one of his moments)

Robs right, we did well 1st half but it was magnified by Exeter allowing us time and space to create. At 3 nil it should have been shut out and a lack of intelligence retaining the ball was our downfall