Lets get things in focus

with a chance to go 3rd on Saturday

this season is 1000 times better than last , if you would have said to anybody at the start of this season you would be 8th in November with a chance of play offs we would snap their hands off.

Lets get behind them they are a young squad with a young manager who will learn from last night and push on !

:OWTB1: :OWTB1: :OWTB1::latics: :latics: :latics: :latics:

Edited by razza699

this season is 1000 times better than last , if you would have said to anybody at the start of this season you would be 8th in November with a chance of play offs we would snap their hands off.

Lets get behind them they are a young squad with a young manager who will learn from last night and push on !

I'll settle for the point we need to get into the top 6!

I must take my share of the blame last night as I did the Mourinho/Rafa gesture of 'all over' at 3-0, boy did that bite me on the arse. On the other hand I said at half-time we peaked too early in 06/07 and we limped home. Last night was a bit of reality check at times. Hopefully we'll pick up now playing three struggling teams in Dale, Walsall and Swindon. Doesn't always work out like that and despite how gutted and pissed off I am about that last half hour, there were still more positives than negatives. Bit like when when one of your kids has misbehaved, you're annoyed for a bit then can't help but forgive!

Bring on the sicknotes.....

It is very gutting to drop the points, as some as said it felt worse than some of the losses we have endured.

The only hope is it's the wake up call for some of the players, although it is similar to Accrington.

But yes, a in one nice better to be moaning about drawing a game, than all the maons about throwing seasons tickets etc

Hopefully the palyers learn, and we do something about it in January.

Worse aspect for me, is if we would have won convincingly, it might just have tempted a few staways tocome back.

true , but any stay aways logging on here today will definitely stay away after reading some posts on here

There is a side local who have gone from the verge of the play-offs to the Championship, to administration, relegation and now have the unenviable record of conceding 5 goals in three of their last five league games.

In my few years of watching Latics, we've never had it so good.

(Do I get sacked for saying that?)

I don't think we would get an auto spot. Brighton, Charlton, Southampton, Huddersfield and possibly Sheffield Wednesday if they stay afloat have too much about them not to claim one of the top 2 slots.

So for me I think the best finish we could get is the play-offs. Don't get me wrong, I'd snap your hand off for 2nd but I think squad quality, budgets..etc.. will play apart and we come up short on that front.

From recent history we have struggled when we have something to hold on to, plus teams play differently against you as you are top of the league. At this stage of the season I'm happy floating around where we are, dark horses on the outside rails, holding pace with the leaders but striving to get where we want to be. Come Easter we need to explode and hit top form for the run in culminating in a perfunctory wins in the play-off semis and final.

I don't think we would get an auto spot. Brighton, Charlton, Southampton, Huddersfield and possibly Sheffield Wednesday if they stay afloat have too much about them not to claim one of the top 2 slots.

So for me I think the best finish we could get is the play-offs. Don't get me wrong, I'd snap your hand off for 2nd but I think squad quality, budgets..etc.. will play apart and we come up short on that front.

From recent history we have struggled when we have something to hold on to, plus teams play differently against you as you are top of the league. At this stage of the season I'm happy floating around where we are, dark horses on the outside rails, holding pace with the leaders but striving to get where we want to be. Come Easter we need to explode and hit top form for the run in culminating in a perfunctory wins in the play-off semis and final.

Spot on mate, we peaked far too early in 06/07 and when we needed to grind results out we failed miserably from February onwards. I would take ticking over in the top 10, 2 or three points (no mare than 5 or 6) off the Play Offs then try and go for it. Sadly I think we'll lose White and Evina in January and maybe one or two contracted players and that may well be the end of our challenge. I'm going to enjoy it though while it lasts, but I do think we'll fall short - not for the lack of effort but due to a combination of our collective lack of experience and financial circumstances...

Spot on mate, we peaked far too early in 06/07 and when we needed to grind results out we failed miserably from February onwards. I would take ticking over in the top 10, 2 or three points (no mare than 5 or 6) off the Play Offs then try and go for it. Sadly I think we'll lose White and Evina in January and maybe one or two contracted players and that may well be the end of our challenge. I'm going to enjoy it though while it lasts, but I do think we'll fall short - not for the lack of effort but due to a combination of our collective lack of experience and financial circumstances...

so good he said it twice :wink: