We Need A Striker

Still in need of a striker i'm afraid, appears Tounkara isn't going to be firing them in for fun. Bury have some good strikers Ryan Lowe & Andy Bishop, get some new investors and maybe a cheeky little bid for one of those could be put in, but then we've seen Dickov work the loan market already so he may come up with some magic.

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

Still in need of a striker i'm afraid, appears Tounkara isn't going to be firing them in for fun. Bury have some good strikers Ryan Lowe & Andy Bishop, get some new investors and maybe a cheeky little bid for one of those could be put in, but then we've seen Dickov work the loan market already so he may come up with some magic.

We dont. We need some supply to the strikers and support which wasnt their today

Tonk has scored 5 in 9 home games.

Quality.

The problems today were about 60 yards further back on the pitch than Tonk or Taylor.

The problem today was not the strikers it was all the four midfielders were being bypassed by Rochdale's quick direct approach play, it seems when Furman fades so do Latics, and with no like for like player in the squad who can break up play little can be changed.

Ryan Lowe looks like a decent player, but I'm not sure he will fire them in for fun, especially in this league.

As for Andy Bishop, if you had said that 20 months ago, I'd have agreed with you, but after missing a penalty and some decent chances which may have gotten Bury promoted he was horrible last year.

Bubba is going to get better (remember he is only young), and I'd much rather we kept him in the side at the moment for future consequences, than sign one of two blokes from the division below.

Chris O'Grady scored for fun last year for Dale, did he look like scoring today?

Ok points taken on board :grin:

Dickov will get it right anyway :)

I am trying to remember a thread on OWTB when everyone agreed!

I donlt there has ever been such a consensus!

FWIW, we have created 100's of chances (by Nov) so far and not put so many away.

Unlike last year, when we had not created 50 chances by May

Edited by singe

New keeper, Trotman in for Hazell, and Stephens to actually play for 90 mins and we'll be alright.

E4e

DATIT

While I think Paul Black has come on strongly in the last few months, I think he's the weakest spot in the team and Evina doesn't seem to offer him much protection.

Hopefully Black will improve further with game time.

While I still have my doubts about Brill he did his job rather well yesterday.

This side just needs a bit longer to get the consistency, would bet its the youngest in division by a mile. Tonk will get on a run of bagging as soon as the midfield start playing the simple pass into the right areas. Maurice appears to have that pass and will be welcomed back. White, Morrais, Tonk and Taylor my starters.

Lewi needs a bit of luck

Sure PDiddy expected Feeney to do more and fact Kelly getting on in front of him says a lot. Dean again lacks experience but has pottential.

As it stands right now can see Jacobden, Worthington, Smalley and Lomax all gone in January. Fleming will return to Scotland paid off.

White likely to return to Leeds if in form but keen to stay by all accounts.

Evina will stayas enjoying and getting stronger,

The change since last year needs consideration we are lucky not to be down 1 Result different.

Only wish we could sign Tounkara in particular as in time will terrorise defenders.

When does Smalley return? January?

I would like to see him given a small run in the team during january, still feel he has something to offer us.

I'd offer Kelly a contract until end of season, and put a clause in saying if you score so many or play in so many games you get a one year extension.

Whats happened to Millar? I thought he looked half decent last season.

Against Walsall think Evina should be bench (along with Stephens) as he tires quickly into the second half and his performance drops, maybe stick White on the left, stick Taylor on right, stick Kelly up with Tonk.

Also whens Bembo-Leta due back? He was impressive before his injury..

If we are sticking Kelly on the pitch at any point in games it shows that we do need another striker. I'll happily eat my words later, but non-league powderpuff striker if ever I've seen one.

While he works hard, I agree completely with this.

And he still justifies selection ahead of the international who sits on the bench with him.

While he works hard, I agree completely with this.

And he still justifies selection ahead of the international who sits on the bench with him.

Has Dickov lost faith in Brooke? He looked like he was going to first choice striker before that preston keeper went through him..

If we are sticking Kelly on the pitch at any point in games it shows that we do need another striker. I'll happily eat my words later, but non-league powderpuff striker if ever I've seen one.

Said this after the Bristol Rovers game, back then all I got was negative remarks on how wrong I was and that'll he'll come good and that I was hating, that I didn't know what I was talking about and that I wasn't watching the same player as everyone else.

I said then he won't get another contract with us and I stand by it. He's just not good enough for League One.

Perhaps he should go back to plumbing or joinery or whatever he was doing and go back to tearing up Sunday League football.

Said this after the Bristol Rovers game, back then all I got was negative remarks on how wrong I was and that'll he'll come good and that I was hating, that I didn't know what I was talking about and that I wasn't watching the same player as everyone else.

I said then he won't get another contract with us and I stand by it. He's just not good enough for League One.

Perhaps he should go back to plumbing or joinery or whatever he was doing and go back to tearing up Sunday League football.

i wouldnt say he's that bad, and i think with a decent run, he could get us some goals, as could feeney. they need decent runs in the team but i think that would only come from an injury to someone like taylor or tounkara.

i think he's got what it takes but unless he's given the chance, i can see him being released in january so his wage goes somewhere else.

We have plenty of pace, so why are White and Evina drawn in towards the middle of the park so often?

A quick team should have players hugging the touchlines and spreading the opponents wider. That way the midfielders are being allowed more time on the ball to be creative rather than defensive.

Far too often on Saturday we were scrapping for loose balls rather than using width (Black was so far out of position at times, he looked like he was playing as a right centre-back). We are quick, and we are creative, so why fight for scraps in midfield for 65 minutes, when we could have teams on the back foot for 90 minutes?

The problem today was not the strikers it was all the four midfielders were being bypassed by Rochdale's quick direct approach play, it seems when Furman fades so do Latics, and with no like for like player in the squad who can break up play little can be changed.

True. All credit to Rochdale, they realised they were second best in midfield and changed their tactics accordingly.

I'd have to say Kelly is one of the worse strikers we have had, his first touch is dire. Why Dickov doesn't bite the bullett and get Feeney match fit I don't know. Get Feeney in the side for 3 or 4 matches and we'll have the other striker we need. He can't be judged on brief spells off the bench, unlike Kelly who's first touch would be :censored:e no matter what.