Classico

Anyone else just watch that? The quality of the football on show puts the EPL to shame, the 10-15 minutes after Barca's 4th was just incredible! The difference between players with natural football brains and those that are just taught it.......

I feel warm inside.

Bit harsh, i reckon its been pretty decent this year in the prem, some really good football been played. Not least by Blackpool and Bolton of all teams.

Don't get me wrong that was different class from Barca tonight though, surprised too with Mourhino's (for him anyway) attacking line up to begin with. Be interesting to see if they can keep it up for the rest of the season and actually beat a side thats good defensively, they struggled with Inter and Kazan last year as i recollect both sides who parked the bus so to speak. The style of football Barca play i can see struggling to break down really defensively minded teams with the more often than not slow build up play and safe one twos along the back line and centre midfield two. Gives those defensive minded teams enough chance to get organised. Dont get me wrong it is great to see and works enough to win as much as they have.

Anyway listen to me going off on a tangent, armchair manager that i am :grin: il say it again, that was good stuff to watch tonight!

Nice to see Mourinho's attempted hatchet job on Messi failed spectacularly. It's one thing to 'do a job' on the opposition when you're, say, Stoke, but when you've got players like Alonso and Ronaldo and you're still resorting to tactics like that you deserve all you get.

Great to watch, you had to feel sorry for Casillas - was nutmegging him for the 4th not enough? Was it really necessary to totally take the piss by having Busquets shoot from the halfway line? :grin:

Anyone else just watch that? The quality of the football on show puts the EPL to shame, the 10-15 minutes after Barca's 4th was just incredible! The difference between players with natural football brains and those that are just taught it.......

I feel warm inside.

Harsh on the EPL... no doubt these two (well, Barca on that showing) are a class above - but the EPL is at least competitive.

La Liga is quickly becoming a bigger and better version of the SPL. Two horse race, the stat - I don't recall the exact details - is that in 130 some games the two sides have only lost 6 games against teams other than RM/Baca. Tiresome.

Harsh on the EPL... no doubt these two (well, Barca on that showing) are a class above - but the EPL is at least competitive.

La Liga is quickly becoming a bigger and better version of the SPL. Two horse race, the stat - I don't recall the exact details - is that in 130 some games the two sides have only lost 6 games against teams other than RM/Baca. Tiresome.

Yet in the last ten years they have had 4 different Champions (Barca, Madrid, Valencia and Deportivo) compared to our 3 (Scum, Arsenal and Chelsea) and more teams Qualified for the Champions league - 11 ( Barca, Madrid, Atletico, Valencia, Deportivo, Seville, Betis, Celta vigo, Sociedad, Villarreal and Osasuna) compared to 8 from the Premier League (Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Scum, Leeds, Newcastle, Everton and Spurs) Plus teams like Betis, Vigo, Sociedad, Seville and Atletico having had stints in the segunda.

Over here it tends to be teams that get a billionaire backer that are going to break the trend at the top whereas over in spain it can be pretty much anyone from small clubs like Celta and Osasuna to big teams like Seville and Betis.

Agreed that over the last 2 years Barca and Madrid have been miles ahead but put them two in the Premier League, Serie A or any other league in the world It would be the same story.

A whole lot more competetive if you ask me.

first time mourinho has ever conceded more than three as a manager. didnt see the game but i read a 442 on barca and it seems like a well run club with a good team not individuals.

Something like 9 of the starting 11 came through the youth ranks it shows what can be done with the right kind of nurturing.

Is it competitive though? At the start of the season you can predict the two clubs who will challenge for the title, and the club that will finish 3rd, and not really ever be in any danger of being incorrect. Now that is tiresome.

Is it competitive though? At the start of the season you can predict the two clubs who will challenge for the title, and the club that will finish 3rd, and not really ever be in any danger of being incorrect. Now that is tiresome.

There aren't many European leagues where you can't do that now. Champions League has ruined football, especially the Croatia's (five years going) and Greece's (9/10 Olympiacos) of this world who are now one team Countries.

Spain, England and Scotland are the immediate bunch that are tiresome, Germany however...Wolfsburg, Stuttgart, Dortmund (probably this season too), Bremen, etc. Obviously Bayern dominate, but their ownership regulations probably have alot to do with this lack of complete domination.