Rochdale Home 3rd Jnauary

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is imperative that season-ticket holders from the Leesfield Developments Rochdale Road Stand obtain a new ticket as soon as possible to ensure that they can get into Boundary Park.

Why is it imperative, if the club has moved the fans with season tickets, they must surely keep aside enough tickets for them. Imagine they sold out with 300 season ticket holders not changing tickets! I dont think thats happening

Kicking off at 3pm as previously advised. Dale fans get the whole of the RRE (LMAO like they'll bring over 3,000 fans!!!??? :shock: )

Fishal

Who would have thought we would take 89% of our home crowd to Spotland? Stranger things have happened....

Edited by BlueJazzer

Who would have thought we would take 80% of our home crowd to Spotland? Stranger things have happened....

Rochdale are only getting the large part of the RRE so they're only getting 3000 tickets.

The small part of RRE is being kept clear.

Although who knows what will happen if Dale manage to sell 3000 tickets they've got so far.

That's just my point. To assume they couldn't fill the RRE is a bit shortsighted. If we can take so many to spotland them they can just as easily bring so many over here.

Dale barely get much over 3,000 for home games, that was my point and anyone who has been to Bury/Dale games at Gigg Lane knows that they never travel in great numbers :wink: They won't fill the big section of the RRE imo.

That's just my point. To assume they couldn't fill the RRE is a bit shortsighted. If we can take so many to spotland them they can just as easily bring so many over here.

There support is a lot lower than ours. If they bring 3,000 that is all there fan base. Plus the Rochdale road end is bigger than the stand we were in.

Edited by spadam

but we've always been renowned for travelling in (relative) numbers, they've always been renowned for not doing

I wouldn't say a lot.

I would! They managed 3200 home fans on Saturday for what is probably there biggest game of the year. Even when romping the league last season they rarley got over 4000 and in the playoffs semis the season before they only managed 4450

As has been proved we have the potential to get much higher crowds than any of Dales biggest gates last season for what was their most succesful compain for 30 odd years

12000 against blackpool in the playoffs 3 years ago with league games under shez in the play off season getting up to 9000 for the visits of Forest etc.

We had a 1300 more home fans against notts county than they had against their biggest rival in this division

Dont get me wrong i still think our crowds are rubbish but we have a much bigger fan base than Dale

Edited by NIKI1234

but we've always been renowned for travelling in (relative) numbers, they've always been renowned for not doing

I think that's slightly unfair, we always have pretty much the highest ratio of away support as a percentage of our home support and we took 2,800 to Bury 2 years running and then 2,000 last year on a Monday night which was also live on Sky.

I think we will bring between 2,000-2,500 which considering our home support is good.

I think that's slightly unfair, we always have pretty much the highest ratio of away support as a percentage of our home support and we took 2,800 to Bury 2 years running and then 2,000 last year on a Monday night which was also live on Sky.

I think we will bring between 2,000-2,500 which considering our home support is good.

you must be disappointed if you don't sell 3000 tickets for a once in every 30 years match??

we usually have the highest home support to away support ratio aswell. That is good support considering your home support.

(It really naffs me off that police can close a section of the ground for "safety" reasons and then charge a huge amount for doing so)

Is the small section just being held back as a precaution just in case dale really sell out or is it being shut full stop? If its the later. I think its a bit strange really especially if its going to be at 3pm KO if the plod are worried about bother then just move the game forward to 12:30 or even 1pm, its a bit like getting a diet coke with a big mac meal :wink: I'm not an ST holder in the RRE and I think some of them moan a little too much about being moved for big games but in this case I think they would have a point.

Rochdale have just been promoted after a 30 year stay in the bottom division and they can only attract 3200 fans for their biggest game. We have been in this division doing nothing for 15 years and still managed more home fans on a Tuesday night against exeter

Edited by NIKI1234

...Dont get me wrong i still think our crowds are rubbish but we have a much bigger fan base than Dale

A point of information:

The town of Rochdale has an estimated population of 95,796 and an estimated total wider borough population of 206,500.

The town of Oldham has an estimated population of 103,544 and an estimated total wider borough population of 219,600.

We can argue about the accuracy of the estimates, and talk all day about immigrants and the racial issues, but, in a nutshell, the support of both so-called sporting towns is a disgrace. :disappointed:

Is the small section just being held back as a precaution just in case dale really sell out or is it being shut full stop? If its the later. I think its a bit strange really especially if its going to be at 3pm KO if the plod are worried about bother then just move the game forward to 12:30 or even 1pm, its a bit like getting a diet coke with a big mac meal :wink: I'm not an ST holder in the RRE and I think some of them moan a little too much about being moved for big games but in this case I think they would have a point.

I guess it's being done to create a better atmosphere in BP, and possibly on police advice.

I guess it's being done to create a better atmosphere in BP, and possibly on police advice.

Hardy: "What will the policing bill be for opening up the small part of the RRE?"

Plod: "10k doubled at Bank Holiday rate plus local derby = £25k to you Mr Hardy"

Hardy: "Feck it, we won't bother".

Edited by opinions4u

Dale barely get much over 3,000 for home games, that was my point and anyone who has been to Bury/Dale games at Gigg Lane knows that they never travel in great numbers :wink: They won't fill the big section of the RRE imo.

You've never been to a dale/bury match then prozac as the last few years they've took up full allocations, bar the night match on sky when just over 2,000 were in the Manny Road End with a couple of flares.

Dale like Oldham have one of the best percentage ratio's in the country for away support. They took 1,000 to Wednesday on a night match the other week. They took 600 to Southampton to name but a few.

Edited by Rocky_Latic