Spotland to host World Cup fixture?

Linky

Really? And really?!!

Yeah, considering the population of Fiji is only about 900,000 a sizeable community isn't that big elsewhere.

I do wonder if BP couldn't be used for occassions like this though, its not the first time Spotland has hosted an international.

Yeah, considering the population of Fiji is only about 900,000 a sizeable community isn't that big elsewhere.

I do wonder if BP couldn't be used for occassions like this though, its not the first time Spotland has hosted an international.

They where due to host the final of Rugby League emerging nations world cup final in 2000 but it got called off. I worked at that biggest massive failure when it comes to hosting an event, poorly marketed, Rugby League taking games to places that never heard of it. Eventually they gave out free tickets for the final.

But seemed to have learned from that with there last world cup.

They where due to host the final of Rugby League emerging nations world cup final in 2000 but it got called off. I worked at that biggest massive failure when it comes to hosting an event, poorly marketed, Rugby League taking games to places that never heard of it. Eventually they gave out free tickets for the final.

But seemed to have learned from that with there last world cup.

I can safely say I have never met anyone fifjian around them parts :lol: