Wigan Stadia

Can anyone please advise which football or rugby teams played at the following grounds (or are they the same venue)

Central Park

Springfield Park

I know that the mix includes Wigan FC (Latics imposters), Wigan Warriors and Springfield Borough

Many thanks

Can anyone please advise which football or rugby teams played at the following grounds (or are they the same venue)

Central Park

Springfield Park

I know that the mix includes Wigan FC (Latics imposters), Wigan Warriors and Springfield Borough

Many thanks

Springfield Park was Wigan Athletic.

Central Park was Wigan rugby league. Never heard of Springfield Borough although Wiki says they played at Springfield Park.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Park_(Wigan)

Edited by opinions4u

i remember Central Park for all the wrong reasons :ranting:

Challenge Cup semi in which Oldham were cheated out of a place in a cup final at Wembley?

Incedently (spelling) the same weekend that the tics played Notts Forest in a league cup final if I am correct

Challenge Cup semi in which Oldham were cheated out of a place in a cup final at Wembley?

Incedently (spelling) the same weekend that the tics played Notts Forest in a league cup final if I am correct

Im sure someone here has mentioned in the past that the ref of that game was being given abuse as he was leaving the pitch by some irate Oldham fans for some shocking decisions apparently and he turned round to say 'don't you already have one team in a final that weekend? or something similar, im sure someone else could clear that up?

On a side note, even though i was about 1 at the time, what a weekend at Wembely that would of been for the town of Oldham!

Im sure someone here has mentioned in the past that the ref of that game was being given abuse as he was leaving the pitch by some irate Oldham fans for some shocking decisions apparently and he turned round to say 'don't you already have one team in a final that weekend? or something similar, im sure someone else could clear that up?

On a side note, even though i was about 1 at the time, what a weekend at Wembely that would of been for the town of Oldham!

apparently he was laughing going down the tunnel and said ''you already have one team at Wembley'' something like that

i dont think i ever saw us win at Central Park apart from a 7 or 9 a side tournament back in the day