Safe Standing At Failsworth

I've written to my local MP, who willl have no affinity with Football I expect, but I have been liaising on other matters, so maybe he might vote for rather than abstain or pair off.

It is interesting that it states in the link that the regs do not apply to LEague One.

Now we are talking worse case scenario (!) but if we are still int his god forsaken league could/would we build it with safe standing?

Bill introduced to parliament

If agreed the bill would be in place for the time we build. :)

Hope this gets passed, bringing back the option of standing in football, even if only in certain areas, should hopefully generate a better atmosphere (as long as those that want to sing all game decide to go in the standing section).

About time something like this should happen!

I can't see how this works....either everyone has to stand or sit, as you say, if some stand, sitting would be pointless.

I think people misunderstand how it works... The idea is people stand safely... but they then have the option of sitting down at Half Time while eating their pie...

safe%20standing.jpg

If you sat down here with someone stood up in front you would see nothing...

If that's safe standing, forget it.

Mind you it would get around the seated problem of some plank leaping up in front of just as the ball gets near to the goal causing you to miss the action.

Edited by laticsrblue

So in short all that it brings is:

Anyone wanting to be sat down can sit down (in another stand) knowing that the person in front of them isn't going to stand up as that type is in the safe standing area.

Anyone that wants to stand up can stand up.

I can't see what this brings to the table either. Other than the increase in atmosphere too, that is.

So in short all that it brings is:

Anyone wanting to be sat down can sit down (in another stand) knowing that the person in front of them isn't going to stand up as that type is in the safe standing area.

Anyone that wants to stand up can stand up.

I can't see what this brings to the table either. Other than the increase in atmosphere too, that is.

It's only really supposed to bring standing that is safe.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Just to let you know I have contacted my local MP, Greg cLark, who happens to be Minister of State at Communities and Local Government.

He has said thanks for making him aware, he has supported Safe Standing in the past, and look at it before the second reading in the summer 2011.

Edited by singe

As a private Member's Bill, it's got virtually no chance of passing without Government backing - but a better chance than usual because of the long parliamentary session. Greg Clark is unfortunately not in charge of footy grounds but I think the Tories would be generally amenable. They usually try to talk out Bills that introduce regulations rather than ones that remove them. The first big problem will be getting 100 MPs in to vote on a Friday afternoon.