Latics players past and present on Twitter?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

For the little that's it's worth I find Twitter an incredibly useful tool.

The misconception is that all you can do is follow friends and celebrities and be bombarded with useless gibberish (and this is a distinct option, don't get me wrong). However I've followed a range of comedians, scientists, skeptics and journalists which means that my feed of tweets is made up almost exclusively of interesting and educational links to science and news articles.

I have a few friends on there but they're more out of loyalty to those people to be a follower than anything else.

It's a tool, it's only as good as the application you use it for.

One recommendation I would make would be the OPTA 'guys' - @optajoe / @optajim / a host of others for differing sports and counties.

Trying to justify Twitter to people is a pointless exercise. You either get it or you don't, but it annoys me when people criticise Twitter that clearly don't see its usefulness. I've stopped tweeting as much, purely due to lack of time but the biggest use I've got out of it is its power of delivering news in 'real time'. Oh, and seeing what people were saying about Dwight Yorke's suit and shirt combo during the Man United game was brilliant.