David Penney

All jobs these days seem to be down to the interview above all else. So if you've got a bit of self confidence and can sell yourself the job is yours. When really they should be looking at how he's done previously and how it would suit the current squad.

exactly.

i don't wish him any ills, and at the end of the day; it must be tough being out of work.......but i can't exactly see him wowing in an interview; not from what he showed personality wise / media skills wise when he was here.

just out of interest, Nick Blackman is on loan up there. the same lad who DP brought in here; then rarely played.

exactly.

i don't wish him any ills, and at the end of the day; it must be tough being out of work.......but i can't exactly see him wowing in an interview; not from what he showed personality wise / media skills wise when he was here.

just out of interest, Nick Blackman is on loan up there. the same lad who DP brought in here; then rarely played.

That's Mr Blackman done and dusted with then if he shows any ambition to hit the onion bag. Watch out for Motherwell receiving a sudden influx of full backs and defensive midfielders.

As above, I don't wish him any ill will either, but he caused Latics serious harm with his tactics and inflexibility, resulting in even lower crowds - and we're still suffering from that. His point blank refusal to let certain players show any attacking flair made for one of the worst seasons I can remember in decades. Dicky has shown in a very short space of time how those same players can perform given the freedom.

All the best, Mr Penney. I hope you've learned from your mistakes. If not, Well suppporters are in for a rough time.

exactly.

Blackman's only there until January but has scored :censored:loads so far...

He was wrong for Latics.

But I still find it odd how people heap vitriol and abuse on him. If he had deliberately done the club harm then fair enough. But he didn't.

Sorry, don't agree with you. He brought all that abuse on himself with the statements he made at the beginning of last season, only to serve up the shower of :censored: that was his style of football.

I hope he takes the player's he brought in that are transfer listed with him! :ranting:

Worst manager since Sharp!

He was wrong for Latics.

But I still find it odd how people heap vitriol and abuse on him. If he had deliberately done the club harm then fair enough. But he didn't.

But he didn't do much to help himself ,

Always refused interviews with the local press and media stations.

I was at Carlisle last season when he was asked by GMR for an after match interview.

reply - "Haven't got time to speak to you plebs"

Wrong man at the wrong time agreed but what a PR disaster he was for the club and himself !!

Without doubt the worst manager this club has ever employed and i include Sharpe and Les McDowell in that.

But he didn't do much to help himself ,

Always refused interviews with the local press and media stations.

I was at Carlisle last season when he was asked by GMR for an after match interview.

reply - "Haven't got time to speak to you plebs"

Wrong man at the wrong time agreed but what a PR disaster he was for the club and himself !!

Without doubt the worst manager this club has ever employed and i include Sharpe and Les McDowell in that.

Plebs?!?! Seriously? :grin:

He didn't do himself or the club any favours when he did give interviews either, did he? Aside from the infamous "couldn't give a monkeys" comment, i don't think him constantly saying "great performance, we really set the standard today" after they'd played like crap encouraged anyone who'd sat through the game to come back for more of the same the following week.

Plebs?!?! Seriously? :grin:

He didn't do himself or the club any favours when he did give interviews either, did he? Aside from the infamous "couldn't give a monkeys" comment, i don't think him constantly saying "great performance, we really set the standard today" after they'd played like crap encouraged anyone who'd sat through the game to come back for more of the same the following week.

The guy was an absolute tit. I hope he gets the job and takes them thieving barstewards down!!!!!! They deserve each other.