Transfer Time

This is the question that gets asked over and over again at this time of year.. so i'm looking for answers from people on this messageboard.

Keep: All Loan players.. Need to keep, Lee & Furman for cert. maybe Taylor aswell

Sell : Gregan, Worthington, Smalley, Lomax, Purdie

Then the other question that gets asked is, who do we bring in? IMHO I think another striker would be nice but hey ho, we're 7th so can't complain!

This is the question that gets asked over and over again at this time of year.. so i'm looking for answers from people on this messageboard.

Keep: All Loan players.. Need to keep, Lee & Furman for cert. maybe Taylor aswell

Can you imagine the opposite happening :(

al be the first to be controversial then. i would sell stephens . . . if we have to bring money in. the players who are out on loan and have been made vailable will make very little difference if we get rid out of the players who are actually worth something i think stephens is the least affective and most easily replaced. ye fair enough he will probably turn into a cracking player but selling someone would be a short term move so looking short term getting rid of stephens is the best option IMO

i can't see us getting rid of the deadwood other than on extended loans and I can't see us turning down any offer for any of our decent players

i reckon we'll keep all the loanees possibly with the exception of White, although Leeds are doing alright without him (didn't think of this when I cheered Portsmouths equalizer yesterday :unsure: )

this winter break might mean we hang on to players that may have impressed in December & attracted interest

another cold snap could be the difference between us going up or not :lol:

Then the other question that gets asked is, who do we bring in? IMHO I think another striker would be nice but hey ho, we're 7th so can't complain!

It would be nice if that happened - and as for a striker - agree but also reckon we could make do with what we have. Definitely no spending in January - but a nice loanee? Blackman from Blackburn (loan at Motherwell ends in January?). :blush:

has he really ripped up trees at blackpool? or has he maybe just played a few games?

He's been a regular in a team that are 8th in the Premier League and if they win their games in hand go 6th. He's been a mainstay in the defence that has kept clean sheets against some good teams. He's assisted a few goals and scored a pearler of a free kick himself. Again, in the Premier League.

So yeah, I'd say he is ripping up a few trees.

Well its a tricky one the weather MIGHT work for us or against us re playing staff. I can see all the loanees here to end of season. In fact can see all joining perm in summer when promoted.

IF we could add ONE player it would be a forward and offload Feeney who has in my view done nothing, (wont happen however)

Greegs is gone as is Worthy. JJ will sign elsewhere Smalley and Lomax will sign for Shez. Fleming will go back North and Purdie to |Hereford.

I would expect Morrais will NOT sign in end as his agent is eyeing Jan movements by looks of things.

Have a good feeling Brooke will get involved and become a big asset.

agree with that or most of it...striker deffo needed,sorry feeney you were good a few years back now your just an expensive sub who cant score...

jarrett can go as well seeing as he is being used very sparingly...if we had to accept money for someone then i agree stephens would be the easily replaced of the lot of them...

cant see us bringing any one if in reallity though,money tight n all that

Where exactly is Feeney going to go with 18 months still to run on his deal? I doubt the phone will be non-stop ringing with enquiries for him.

This is true its all very well saying sell/get rid of him, him and him, getting an underperforming player out the door who isn't catching the team is very difficult as has already being proved. I'm fairly confident we will keep our best players in january, keeping them in summer maybe tougher through as players much prefer to leave in summer rather than january. I think we should look to try and keep as many of the loan players as possible for as long as possible, whats the limit on long term loans? I doubt we will sign anyone permanently possibly Phillip Morais but knowonelse. So I don't expect to much Although our facebook page seems to think their will be :unsure:

He's been a regular in a team that are 8th in the Premier League and if they win their games in hand go 6th. He's been a mainstay in the defence that has kept clean sheets against some good teams. He's assisted a few goals and scored a pearler of a free kick himself. Again, in the Premier League.

So yeah, I'd say he is ripping up a few trees.

He hoofs it down the line all the time though.

Why don't we get Feeney match fit before writing him off? He's hardly had a run in the team. Given a run of 4 or 5 games I think he'd out score Taylor. 15 mins here and there isn't exactly going to get the best out of him and it can't help when someone as poor as Kelly seems to get the nod ahead of him.