Fanwatch - a new feature

My own classic was the home game against MK Dongs a couple of years back.

We were 1-0 up but had been under the cosh for most of the second half. Injury time was upon us and we'd manged to retain possession near their corner flag.

The ball came out in to a central position where Allott picked the ball up. Fearing that he would concede a goal kick giving possession back to MK I shouted, far too loudly, "don't shoot".

A second later the ball nestled in the bottom corner of the net and victory was assured.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were 1-0 up but had been under the cosh for most of the second half. Injury time was upon us and we'd manged to retain possession near their corner flag.

The ball came out in to a central position where Allott picked the ball up. Fearing that he would concede a goal kick giving possession back to MK I shouted, far too loudly, "don't shoot".

A second later the ball nestled in the bottom corner of the net and victory was assured.

I was guilty of doing that aswell :blush:

Went to watch R'dale few seasons back, against P'boro (P'boro won) and whilst in Rochdale stand, started shouting at P'boro players to shoot, and then jumped up when they scored.. :blush:

Last season at Tics, some woman few rows infront of me, going mental at Hardy & Corney starting from Tranmere home i think, until end of season, every home game

that kind of reminds me of the time at Tranmere this season when we had that free-kick and I said to my mate "we'll never score this, it's too close"

Mine was v City at home seeing Morrison at the edge of the box with the ball high in the air I shouted "Hit it Fatty" and he rifled it into our net to the joy of around 20 city fans sat round me in the Chaddy End :ranting:

Think we’ve all had one of them. Mine was Reuben Hazell’s Vs Leeds Scum at theirs on New Years Day a couple of season’s back – I screamed ‘Don’t shoot’ at him as he nailed that ½ volley in from 25 yards top corner! Doh!

My mate did a stormer Vs Blackpool from back in the Shez Era – Neal Danns was like, 40 yards out from goal and shaped to shoot – my mate balls ‘go on then billy big balls, shoot from there’. Danns did and it was a stunning goal, my mate went redder than Taggarts nose after a red wine session celebrating another injury time win!! Classic.

As for classic Latics fans and the stupid things they shout during games, near me sits ‘Super Mario’ – those in the main stand paddock who sit near the away dug-out will know exactly who i mean!!!!!

My mate did a stormer Vs Blackpool from back in the Shez Era – Neal Danns was like, 40 yards out from goal and shaped to shoot – my mate balls ‘go on then billy big balls, shoot from there’. Danns did and it was a stunning goal, my mate went redder than Taggarts nose after a red wine session celebrating another injury time win!! Classic.

I had a quick chat with Neil at the Palace-Swansea game a couple of months ago. I mentioned that it was one of the top five goals I've ever seen at Boundary Park. He remembered it well. :)

I had a quick chat with Neil at the Palace-Swansea game a couple of months ago. I mentioned that it was one of the top five goals I've ever seen at Boundary Park. He remembered it well. :)

He should remember it. The bicycle kick from last season withstanding; I bet he hasnt scored many better.......

At BP last season against Southampton, about ten minutes in, their full back, Harding went down and stayed down from a challenge infront of the main stand paddock. Didn't look to serious so some guy got up and shouted 'YOU SHOULDN'T BE CALLED HARDING, YOU SHOULD BE CALLED SOFT-ING!'

Best thing i've ever heard at a football match

Edited by oafc-latics

Second half in the chaddy end yesterday i had a complete "cap end" sat behind me. :ranting:

He started a chant of "Say no to Failsworth" at which point his mate obviously misheard him and starting singing "lets all go to Failsworth" which he then joined in with. Within 5 minutes he was singing about not going to failsworth again. I think he is the same guy who did the voice on my sat nav as that ever knows where it wants to go.

He constantly slated Brill for coming off his line, then within 10 minutes was winging that he was stuck to his line. Unfookinbeleiveable :clown:

One bloke went waaaaay over the top at the girls on the (admittedly pieless, and hot waterless) pie stall on the Chaddy/Main Stand corner - started telling them how to boil the water thing when they had already said it had emptied three times, slagged them off for not ordering enough pies for a big match and left telling one of them that she was a fat :lipsrsealed2: , storming off with a fuming red face. Didn't help him get a pie.

The 'newcomers' sat round me yesterday were very quiet and I felt that I was disturbing them with my singing. That is all except a lad aged no more than 12 sat with his mate behind me, and in the second half he came out with just about the longest tirade of obscenities I've ever heard. It went on and on and on. :ranting: In the end I had a word with him!

Before anyone suggests that I should get out more, I do get out quite a lot. :)

Lovely man sat in front of us who accused 3 young lads (about 8 or 9 years old) of sitting in his seat - when there was a perfectly available one next to them for him to sit in, and then loudly calling them ':censored:ing :censored:'.

Then him and his equally lovely mates treated us all to renditions of the latest Latics songs like 'Super Sean McCarthy', 'We're on the march, we're Royle's army' and my personal favourite, 'Ooh Roger Palmer' (sung after an effort by Tonks).

Lovely man sat in front of us who accused 3 young lads (about 8 or 9 years old) of sitting in his seat - when there was a perfectly available one next to them for him to sit in, and then loudly calling them ':censored:ing :censored:'.

Then him and his equally lovely mates treated us all to renditions of the latest Latics songs like 'Super Sean McCarthy', 'We're on the march, we're Royle's army' and my personal favourite, 'Ooh Roger Palmer' (sung after an effort by Tonks).

knob heads :)

I still sing "Joe Royle's Blue and White Army" and am not stopping now.

My worst was probably at Bradford, where there was a challenge by a Bradford player on one of ours. A young lad (he'd be about 9 or 10) shouted out "Flippin' eck ref, flipping book the flipper" which I found highly amusing. I then turned to my mate and said "You've got to love child abuse". Took a little explaining away that one.

I've put my foot in it a few times. Milwall at home under Sheridan I told them to stop dicking about with the free kick and hit it.......they worked it well and Taylor fired in.

The celebration match against Grimsby, Johnson got the ball and ran at their defence, everyone stood up. I said to my mate "I'm not standing up, he's gonna waste it". He then hit one in the corner from 25 yards.

Last season at home to MK Dons, the ball rolled to Sheehan about 30 yards out. I could see he was going to hit it. "Time. Time. Time. F*****g time!!!" We all know the rest.

Post your observations of any little nuggets of wisdom you witnessed from your fellow fans recently :grin:

I had two old women sat in front of me in the Chaddy.

One of them went seemlessly from berating the team one minute to "get it down and pass the bloody ball" to "stop bloody messing about with it" the moment they did - a career in the main stand surely beckons.

This was topped at half time whilst having a piss when some beaut was slagging the club, Alan Hardy etc for everything from the Failsworth move to third world poverty.

He ended his rant moaning about not being able to get a beer in the Chaddy End stating that he felt the club had really "kicked themselves in the foot" :grin:

just dropped penny...rearrange :wink:

My Stupid bit of shouted advice to the team was at the last FA cup game we won!...Yeah Everton away!

I was sat in the bottom tier in one of the worst seats ever for view (my defence) and I shouted... WIDE!!!

Just As I did the rest is history........Garry Mac screamer!

My Stupid bit of shouted advice to the team was at the last FA cup game we won!...Yeah Everton away!

I was sat in the bottom tier in one of the worst seats ever for view (my defence) and I shouted... WIDE!!!

Just As I did the rest is history........Garry Mac screamer!

Funniest/most ridiculous abuse i ever heard was at that game. I was sat in the Gwladys st end (i couldn't get a ticket and my sister's got a season ticket at Everton), next to an absolutely unhinged bellend who thought it was appropriate to shout "F**KING PUT SOME F**KING EFFORT INTO IT YOU FAT C**T!".....at the bloke doing the half-time crossbar challenge.

He should remember it. The bicycle kick from last season withstanding; I bet he hasnt scored many better.......

was speaking to him the other week about that goal, he said its the best he scored because the bicylcle kick was more instint. one of the best goals ive seen at boundary park