Hodgson Gone

That lot though?

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out - Dalglish was a disaster at Newcastle and Celtic and has been out of the game for a while.

It will all come down to how well he gets on with Torres and Gerrard. IMO, those two didn't like Hodgeson, so didn't play for him. They should be embarrassed.

Absolute scandal- he inherits a team on the ropes, whose 3 best players all decide not to play for him and has no money to spend. Yet they expect him to get the team back into the top 4, something that a vastly superior Chelsea are struggling to do.

Its not Hodgson's fault that Mascherano wanted away, its not his fault that Benitez thought it prudent to replace a current great with Alberto Aquilani. Depending on how my bets go this afternoon I might fancy a cheeky little one on Liverpool to go down 33/1.

While those players should have more self-pride, I do think a manager should be able to get more out of his best players.

Yeah wouldn't disagree but once they are on the pitch there's not much he can do aside from subbing them. Gerrard, for example has shown that he is still capable of high quality performances but he has been very inconsistent.

Hodgson was the Premier League's dave penney very negative

Maybe so Bob, but he still ought to have had the whole season at the very least. From what I gathered last season, Fulham were far from negative, they were one of the best sides to watch. As someone else says, Liverpool shafted him, a club who's been in transition for 3 years and riddled with power struggles. I really can't see an ex-manager albeit a legend at Liverpool, who's last two jobs over a decade ago were monumental disasters can bring to the table other than a feelgood factor for a day or so.

Maybe so Bob, but he still ought to have had the whole season at the very least. From what I gathered last season, Fulham were far from negative, they were one of the best sides to watch. As someone else says, Liverpool shafted him, a club who's been in transition for 3 years and riddled with power struggles. I really can't see an ex-manager albeit a legend at Liverpool, who's last two jobs over a decade ago were monumental disasters can bring to the table other than a feelgood factor for a day or so.

A bit like Joe Royle's 2009 return, then?

A bit like Joe Royle's 2009 return, then?

A LOT like BFJ's return. I think that decision put us back 18 months and in the long term really disillusioned many of the fans, despite being happy at the original appointment. To be fair, Sheridan's return to management ain't been too shabby either.

I know football fans are stupid, but the red scouse scum really do take the biscuit. "King" Kenny will have no affect on that team, certainly not a positive one. When will they wake up and realise that their beloved fat Spanish waiter, the man three quarters of them want re-appointed, spunked their last millions on a squad full of mediocre Championship players who can't be arsed?

Old Kenny may have been a legend as a player, but he achieved :censored: all as a manager - all his trophies were won with the team he inherited, a team he made steadily worse and then handed on to Souness to get the blame for it. The scouse fans blamed the wrong man then and they're doing it now. Thick whiny self pitying bastards.

I know football fans are stupid, but the red scouse scum really do take the biscuit. "King" Kenny will have no affect on that team, certainly not a positive one. When will they wake up and realise that their beloved fat Spanish waiter, the man three quarters of them want re-appointed, spunked their last millions on a squad full of mediocre Championship players who can't be arsed?

Old Kenny may have been a legend as a player, but he achieved :censored: all as a manager - all his trophies were won with the team he inherited, a team he made steadily worse and then handed on to Souness to get the blame for it. The scouse fans blamed the wrong man then and they're doing it now. Thick whiny self pitying bastards.

Couldn't agree more Garcon. I hope they crash and burn.

Someone doesn't like Scousers too much :lol:

True though, Joey Deacan could have managed the side Dalgleish took over, never mind having Bob Paisley as his assistant. A fantastic player but a sack of :censored:e as a manager.

Just watched a pretty poor Man U v Liverpool game.

Have they changed the rules of the game or something, because every pundit appeared to say that tripping somebody up in the penalty area shouldn't be a penalty kick?

Pretty soft though, wasn't it?

Biggest joke was Berbatov being Man of the Match - apart from going down like a cheap hooker for the penalty, what else did he do?

Pretty soft though, wasn't it?

Biggest joke was Berbatov being Man of the Match - apart from going down like a cheap hooker for the penalty, what else did he do?

He featured in most of United's best moves, moving the ball around and so on.

But I thought Giggs did more.

Still got tripped - and it was a pointless challenge too.

I know Beglin, Big Sam and Southgate were all defenders but jeez.

But he didn't trip him. He slightly touched him, but not enough to knock him down. Berbatov, being the cheat that he is, just threw himself to the ground. And Webb, being the cheat that he is, gave the penalty.

:grin:

It was a soft pen, but contact was made, so I think he had every right to, er, draw the referee's attention to the foul.

It's not as if the coke snorter, Owen or that crap Spaniard have never dived for them is it? :wink:

I couldn't care less who has dived for Liverpool in the past, or who will dive for them in the future, and none of them are relevant to todays game or the point I made. Multiple wrongs do not make a right.

That today was not a foul, and was blatant cheating. He was touched, but not fouled. He has no right whatsoever to bring the referees attention to it, as there was nowhere near enough contact to knock him over or knock him off his stride. He felt a slight touch and threw himself to the ground. Not a foul, not a penalty. Just, unsurprisingly, a cheating United player.