Summer Transfers..

With majority of the squad out of contract at end of season, who would you bring in (realistically)?

I'd look to bring in Kazenga LuaLua and Billy Clarke who are both out of contract at end of the season, along with Trotman, Mvoto and Tonk on perm deals and a new keeper (Mike Pollitt if willing to come down to L1)

With majority of the squad out of contract at end of season, who would you bring in (realistically)?

I'd look to bring in Kazenga LuaLua and Billy Clarke who are both out of contract at end of the season, along with Trotman, Mvoto and Tonk on perm deals and a new keeper (Mike Pollitt if willing to come down to L1)

£££££££££££££

Realistically - let's see where we finish. Whether Lee stays, what division we are in & whether Micah Richards goes. I know these are ifs buts and maybes - but we are only in January!

Seriously doubt we will get him if we stay in this league. Even though he's out of contract I'd fancy Newcastle will want to keep him, as he has only just turned 20 and might regularly make their first team in a few years. I think the barcodes will want him to make the step up to playing regularly in the Championship though.

Have you suddenly forgotten the precarious position we're in, you talk as though we are flushed with cash, where's the flamin money coming from.......we might not even be here in the summer!!!!

Have you suddenly forgotten the precarious position we're in, you talk as though we are flushed with cash, where's the flamin money coming from.......we might not even be here in the summer!!!!

I was going to say, I'd accept watching four or five free transfers from Cheltenham/Chelmsford/somewhere crap if we have football to watch.

I really don't know where some people are thinking this is heading at the moment.

Realistically, I'd be happy if we're still playing football.

The thought of signing LuaLua, Clarke, Mvoto and Tonk seems like a pipe dream. Trotters maybe, depending on how well he plays and if Preston come down.

Realistically, I'd be happy if we're still playing football.

The thought of signing LuaLua, Clarke, Mvoto and Tonk seems like a pipe dream. Trotters maybe, depending on how well he plays and if Preston come down.

Preston aren't really a factor any more for Trotman, he's out of contract at the end of the season and given how he's been treated there, never given a run in the team and loaned out every chance they've had I wouldn't have thought he'd be interested in signing a new deal with them. He's in the shop window these next 6 months, if he carries on with his performances I wouldn't hold out much hope of signing him as I reckon there will be a fair few clubs sniffing around willing to offer him better terms.

Mvoto and Tonk will be playing at a higher level than League 1 next year........ plus as has been stated, where is all this money coming from!! :wink:

I don't know about this, Mvoto potentially if he hadn't got injured. Now he's crocked until the end of the season he'll probably fall off people's radars. Tounkara? Has he really pulled up any trees in League One? Really? That's not to say he's done bad, he's doing rather well for his first season in professional football, but he doesn't look anywhere near being too good for this league. Unless he has a stormer of a second half of the season, then he might gauge the interest of a few higher clubs. But as it stands let's just say he's doing decent in League One and certainly another year in this league would not harm his development one bit. He doesn't want to push himself too far, too soon.

I don't know about this, Mvoto potentially if he hadn't got injured. Now he's crocked until the end of the season he'll probably fall off people's radars. Tounkara? Has he really pulled up any trees in League One? Really? That's not to say he's done bad, he's doing rather well for his first season in professional football, but he doesn't look anywhere near being too good for this league. Unless he has a stormer of a second half of the season, then he might gauge the interest of a few higher clubs. But as it stands let's just say he's doing decent in League One and certainly another year in this league would not harm his development one bit. He doesn't want to push himself too far, too soon.

some negatives on here isnt there,lol

right players n people at the club are now openly saying were going for promotion...regardless of the money situation we currently have....if we go up via playoffs and the stadium is given approval then the money will come,we are a much viable option...

trotman may very well decide if we are promoted to stick around,he knows the club etc etc and is highly rated,if he had another stormer who knows...we cash in again...

mvoto,and tonks..well its all dependant on there parent club...if brucie wants them to remain in league 1 and were still here then i dont see why they wouldnt be here next season,again same applies if promoted,and brucie wants championship exp...why go else where if happy here...

some negatives on here isnt there,lol

right players n people at the club are now openly saying were going for promotion...regardless of the money situation we currently have....if we go up via playoffs and the stadium is given approval then the money will come,we are a much viable option...

trotman may very well decide if we are promoted to stick around,he knows the club etc etc and is highly rated,if he had another stormer who knows...we cash in again...

mvoto,and tonks..well its all dependant on there parent club...if brucie wants them to remain in league 1 and were still here then i dont see why they wouldnt be here next season,again same applies if promoted,and brucie wants championship exp...why go else where if happy here...

if they dont sign new contracts then Brucie wont have any say on their future movements

Mvoto and Tonk will be playing at a higher level than League 1 next year........ plus as has been stated, where is all this money coming from!! :wink:

people evidently don't stop to think about this for a moment do they.........

give or take 7-8 of our squad most of the others are either 1st year pros or still in the youth squad = small wages

All our loan players will be paid a fraction of their wage by us - evina is free

Therefore, I think the whole idea of us having 'loads of money to get all these players in' is all hyped up rubbish.

Those that signed in the summer won't be on big wages neither except maybe feeney at 1k a week, and Lee to a CUT to stay.