Warren Feeney another silly boy!

Just another brain dead footballer. Drink driving kills...FACT!

£2000 per week and doesn't ring a taxi instead. And not just a fraction over the limit like Greegs apparently was, double the limit is half canned. :censored: :ranting:

Edited by Break The Silence

I'm sure some of the morally correct brigade here slagging Feeney off, were ok with Mr Hughes whilst he was here - as he was bagging the goals in!!

He's (Feeney) been done for drink driving - punished by the law - Silly YES....Illegal YES. But most of the fans previously have been happy with far worse a crime... as he (Hughes) was a success on the pitch.

So don't go overboard about another person foolish enough for drink driving, when really you want to slag him off for his lack of goals/performances! - Hypocrites!

I'm sure some of the morally correct brigade here slagging Feeney off, were ok with Mr Hughes whilst he was here - as he was bagging the goals in!!

He's (Feeney) been done for drink driving - punished by the law - Silly YES....Illegal YES. But most of the fans previously have been happy with far worse a crime... as he (Hughes) was a success on the pitch.

So don't go overboard about another person foolish enough for drink driving, when really you want to slag him off for his lack of goals/performances! - Hypocrites!

Hated Hughes being at Latics,

Just another brain dead footballer. Drink driving kills...FACT!

£2000 per week and doesn't ring a taxi instead. And not just a fraction over the limit like Greegs apparently was, double the limit is half canned. :censored: :ranting:

Quite agree with your sentiment but wanted to point out a few things.

1.) Gregan was nicked near J20 of the M62, he lived in Harrogate at the time. That is a journey of over an hour (possibly double at that time of day). When Gregan first started driving he would have been well over the limit. He was still drunk from the night before and was sobering up every minute hence why the evidence was a bit dodgy.

No, not in the end, it was ajurned twice and then they gave up, after the doctor with the evidence failed to show

Not true, it was a copper with the evidence and he was on holiday not realising he would be required for the case, as it was a bureaucratic error the judge threw the case out. Gregan got lucky.

As for Feeney he was stupid (anyone who gets in their car that drunk is stupid and normally dangerous), but he was nicked near his home so to compare his alcohol level to Gregan's could be biased. Feeney deserves what punishment he gets, if only we lived in Finland, where monetary criminal punishments are related to the amount of money you earn and the seriousness of the crime.

As for Hughes he's a :censored: if I was in charge he'd still be trying to avoid dropping the soap in the showers. But the law says he did his time and as such I was happy to see him banging the goals in for us but my sense of justice wouldn't let me get too happy about it.

The first sensible post on this topic.