Play Off Finals to be played at Budweiser Bowl

Are you sure you were in Chorlton? There's a lot of :censored: around it but the main area of central Chorlton has been benefitting from a combination of ex-students and the Didsbury overflow for a while now and doing well for it.

Once the Met goes through the area is likely to boom even more.

Chorlton does indeed have a middle class, slighty bohemian flavour. There are many vegetarians. However the walk on down to OT through Whalley Range could get disconcerting. I suppose you could always take the scenic route round past the Stretford Arndale. :unsure:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ if Chorlton is appalling what do you think of Oldham!!! :shock:

Oldham is shocking, hate the place and wont need an excuse to go there if we move to failsworth to be honest.

Are you sure you were in Chorlton? There's a lot of :censored: around it but the main area of central Chorlton has been benefitting from a combination of ex-students and the Didsbury overflow for a while now and doing well for it.

yes definatly chorlton. it was wacky felt like i was in south london more than manchester. Posh chavs was out in force just overall impression of the place is not a good one.

I use to have a poor opinion of Chorlton due to an old work mate, however after drinking there a few times over the last year my opinion has changed not that bad after all.

Edited by oafctom

Meriden used to claim it was the centre of England but.....

In 2002 the Ordnance Survey defined the Geographical Centre of England to be on Lindley Hall Farm, approximately 18 kilometres (11 mi) north at Fenny Drayton, Leicestershire.[3]

In 2003 the Ordnance Survey placed Church Flatts farm, approximately 35 kilometres (22 mi) north, at Coton in the Elms, Derbyshire, as the furthest point from the sea in Great Britain

Edited by LaticsPete

I use to have a poor opinion of Chorlton due to an old work mate, however after drinking there a few times over the last year my opinion has changed not that bad after all.

Chorlton = An area of Manchester which whilst having great bars is Inhabited by and large wankers

Said wankers are generally fairweather lefties who wouldn't dream of setting foot in, or acknowledging the existence of(until they move), the council bits round the corner from the nice bits where they live :grin:

Chorlton Green is nice, where the trendy bars etc are! However, the majority of Chorlton is a crime ridden :censored: hole! Just go for a late night stroll around the Nell Lane or Merseybank Avenue council estates and it'll probably be the last thing you do...

Edited by Break The Silence