Football League Show Tonight

Watching the London version. The Olympic stadium is less than a mile from Brisbane Road. It is a disgrace that Spurs or West Ham will be allowed to trade so close to another professional football club.

Agree, read the Orient chairmans interview he gave today or yesterday and he was saying its in the FA rules that a club can't move a ground to within a certain distance of another or enough so it impacts distance but their silence is deafening.

Agree, read the Orient chairmans interview he gave today or yesterday and he was saying its in the FA rules that a club can't move a ground to within a certain distance of another or enough so it impacts distance but their silence is deafening.

Typical small club won't have a chance :ranting:

Watching Paul on the show makes me proud to be a Latics fan again

What a guy]

yup.great interview truly open and honest...and a credit to our club....great insight into how he thinks and sets his team up...and wants to put a decent run of winning games together...

There are Premiership rules and Football League rules. The greedy ones have approved it. I think the Football League should refuse to accept either team should they get relegated. But that would doubtless open up other battles where the big clubs hold the aces.

yup.great interview truly open and honest...and a credit to our club....great insight into how he thinks and sets his team up...and wants to put a decent run of winning games together...

The more i see and hear of PD the more impressed i am ,

Great interview and not only makes you happy to be a latics fan but gives you believe that there is a future.

Rather like Penny did !!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Would we be in breach of these rules if we move to Failsworth.

The area of Britain with the highest driving test fail rate in Britain.

imagine it? all those millions spent, we finally get the go ahead and there'd been an oversight in that we're not allowed to move so close to another club.

would it surprise you?

No need to worry on that front - the club are well aware of the rules. It was the reason why the option of moving to the Kingsway Business Park in Rochdale was ruled out.

Barry Hearn made me laugh today saying how Sky have only reported on West Ham and Tottenhams bid for the new stadium

i actually though Orient had pulled out of the running due to the lack of coverage they have been getting :blink:

Orient are interested in the Olympic hockey stadium. THat is if they can get anyone to do with the olympics to notice that they exist.

Edited by laticsrblue

Watching the London version. The Olympic stadium is less than a mile from Brisbane Road. It is a disgrace that Spurs or West Ham will be allowed to trade so close to another professional football club.

I reckon it will get a bit lively going there for the Spurs fans if they get it. Not much love lost anyway before they build a super-stadium in the East End. Granted, all the West Ham fans will have to get the train in from Essex to have a fight, but the point still holds.

Barry Hearn made me laugh today saying how Sky have only reported on West Ham and Tottenhams bid for the new stadium

i actually though Orient had pulled out of the running due to the lack of coverage they have been getting :blink:

Simple just plaster the next prizefighter show with adverts about it!

I reckon it will get a bit lively going there for the Spurs fans if they get it. Not much love lost anyway before they build a super-stadium in the East End. Granted, all the West Ham fans will have to get the train in from Essex to have a fight, but the point still holds.

If West ham want to fill a stadium with 60,000 fans and not have to give them to school kids, surely they just want to put in an application for a Stadium at Romford or somewhere similar?

Watched myself having been in London agreed although Orient now being linked with a move to a hockey staduim.