Reuben Reid Signs

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're the expert! :)

In all honesty, I just fear that we're (noble as it may be) putting too much into this push.

No one would have predicted we'd be in a play off position (winning the game in hand assumed) at this stage of the season and whilst it's a credit to SB/SC that we're going to throw the dice one more time I fear that if we come up short then a Moore like exodus may occur.

It's an opinion, a fear. It's not a suggestion or an implication made on present facts, just knowledge of the past.

In all honesty, I just fear that we're (noble as it may be) putting too much into this push.

No one would have predicted we'd be in a play off position (winning the game in hand assumed) at this stage of the season and whilst it's a credit to SB/SC that we're going to throw the dice one more time I fear that if we come up short then a Moore like exodus may occur.

It's an opinion, a fear. It's not a suggestion or an implication made on present facts, just knowledge of the past.

We'll just have to make sure we :censored: regularly then!

Difference from last time (presumably) is that our current players are on smaller wages than those previously like Armstrong, Hall, Hill etc.. and dont think the bills are as much as last time, yes we owe £4m to TTA but their not exactly going to go for a winding up order like HMRC are they? Last time wasnt we losing about £50,000 a week?

It's too easy to read into this. We've signed a player, good gosh, we're supposed to be skint and not really supposed to be up there! What's going on??

Perhaps the club have seen over the course of this season what Dickov can do, and feel confident about backing him a little. He's managed to shift a load of dead wood out, and released what I'd think to be fairly chunky wages in Worthington, Holdsworth and Gregan (All established league 1 players). The room has been freed up financially to sign Reid, who comes with lots of raw potential.

another young promising player who can hopefully be the one that scores the goals that make the last ten minutes of a match a bit less nervy.

i wouldn't say :censored: or bust, we've got him until the end of the season with the option to extend. if it turns out he isnt any good, or we can't afford him, we can let him go. evina is on a similar deal, morais is with us until he signs or goes elsewhere, quite a few of the loaned out players are out of contract at the end of the season and we've got rid of three of four players recently who will have been taking up lots of the wage budget.

hopefully the only thing to worry about at the moment is that we get to the end of the season and the loan players go back, get stuck with lomax and smalley and the players contracted until the end of the season go and sign somewhere else.

PD might be a young manager but im sure he knows what he's doing and if he doesnt, corney and hardy wouldnt do anything to send the club into trouble again.

Its til the end of the season - so we are hardly lumbered with him if it doesn't work.

Good move.

Anyway - If you've gotta go - go with a smile. :grin:

Spot on. Lets just enjoy it and see what the season brings, hopefully promotion.

i wouldn't say :censored: or bust, we've got him until the end of the season with the option to extend. if it turns out he isnt any good, or we can't afford him, we can let him go. evina is on a similar deal,

exactly.

why bother with the short term deals if, as some say, we're likely to go out of business come May?

these deals protect the club which suggests there's something to protect, not the opposite

says free transfer on the link unless my eyes are going

REUBEN SIGNS FOR LATICS

Posted on: Fri 28 Jan 2011

Latics have signed striker Reuben Reid for an undisclosed fee from Premier League club West Brom.

The 22-year-old has agreed a deal for the remainder of the season with an option to extend.

Reid, who will wear the No 9 shirt, was registered in time to make his debut in tomorrow's npower League One match at Carlisle United.

Does say 'fee'

REUBEN SIGNS FOR LATICS

Posted on: Fri 28 Jan 2011

Latics have signed striker Reuben Reid for an undisclosed fee from Premier League club West Brom.

The 22-year-old has agreed a deal for the remainder of the season with an option to extend.

Reid, who will wear the No 9 shirt, was registered in time to make his debut in tomorrow's npower League One match at Carlisle United.

Does say 'fee'

That's because it's been changed