Purdie gone

here is one for prozac or diego...

is there anyone who has played for latics with a worse injury record that purdie ?

Tony Hateley (I'm sure Diego will put meat on the bones) was crocked from the off and played 1 game on 1 leg according to my owd fella (Previously he had been a superb centre-forward - playing for LIverpool and Notts County)

Mike Fillery crocked within ten minutes of his debut at Hull made one more appearance at Notts County at the end of that season before being binned (legend in the pubs around Westwood though!)

John Keeley - Spent 2 1/2 years here injured in the pre-season he arrived, played 4 games and was :censored:e. Forever injures, house broken into several times, his kids had accidents and someone run over his cat, his team-mates Nicknamed him 'lucky'.

The lesser spotted Dabo

Killen must get a mention

Ian Ironside, played in one game let in 5 then spent the rest of his time out injured

Matthew Rush

Swailes - played a few and looked decent but the lad was clearly shot

Richard Graham - Always injured

And pretty much anyone Penney signed, Purdie, JJ, Holdsworth and Worthy - even loanees Hills, Nardiello and Timar had to go back early crocked and of course Goodwin spent a large chunk of his loan spell crocked...

Edited by oafcprozac

Tony Hateley (I'm sure Diego will put meat on the bones) was crocked from the off and played 1 game on 1 leg according to my owd fella (Previously he had been a superb centre-forward - playing for LIverpool and Notts County)

Mike Fillery crocked within ten minutes of his debut at Hull made one more appearance at Notts County at the end of that season before being binned (legend in the pubs around Westwood though!)

John Keeley - Spent 2 1/2 years here injured in the pre-season he arrived, played 4 games and was :censored:e. Forever injures, house broken into several times, his kids had accidents and someone run over his cat, his team-mates Nicknamed him 'lucky'.

The lesser spotted Dabo

Killen must get a mention

Ian Ironside, played in one game let in 5 then spent the rest of his time out injured

Matthew Rush

Swailes - played a few and looked decent but the lad was clearly shot

Richard Graham - Always injured

And pretty much anyone Penney signed, Purdie, JJ, Holdsworth and Worthy - even loanees Hills, Nardiello and Timar had to go back early crocked and of course Goodwin spent a large chunk of his loan spell crocked...

all players mentioned have played though, he has been here and not made one single apperance so surley he must have the record. :grin:

here is one for prozac or diego...

is there anyone who has played for latics with a worse injury record that purdie ?

Not sure how you can measure it but we've had our crocks.

Mike Fillery - injured in his first game after 13mins and never played for us after

Tony Hateley - cartilage and only one start

Jon "Lucky" Keeley - more injuiries on and off the field than most

Edited by LaticsPete

My opinions on him are well documented. You'll not meet more genuine guy, he worked as hard as his body would allow to try and get fit but just couldn't do it.

There's also no coincidence between Penny's tenure and the repetitive strain injuries we suffered last season.

mike fillery

That maybe so but his career was halted in an ugly way

Were you at Hull City the day Leigh Palin finished Mikes career with a stamp on his knee.

It was a horrendous tackle which wasnt just career threatening, it finshed his career.

That maybe so but his career was halted in an ugly way

Were you at Hull City the day Leigh Palin finished Mikes career with a stamp on his knee.

It was a horrendous tackle which wasnt just career threatening, it finshed his career.

Uncle Joe had a deal in place to sign Leigh Palin in late '89, the deal fell through and we signed Redders instead!

Uncle Joe had a deal in place to sign Leigh Palin in late '89, the deal fell through and we signed Redders instead!

Yep he did, Im sure it was before he made the tackle on Mike ?.

The only positive that day was comming from 2.0 down with Redders ramming home a 25 yard screamer in the last min

My opinions on him are well documented. You'll not meet more genuine guy, he worked as hard as his body would allow to try and get fit but just couldn't do it.

There's also no coincidence between Penny's tenure and the repetitive strain injuries we suffered last season.

Ironic that Taylor, Purdie, JJ, Holdsworth and Worthy all had the same type of injury (Worthy's ankle went too I know) - absolutely ridiculous. Hope Hoskins get crocked a Brizzle, that'll be payback for the dour Yorkshire :censored:e!

I have his autograph. Any offers? :wink:

Bloody Hell, that must like rockin' horse pooh that! Very random, I think my most random autograph is that of Andy Gayle, a young winger who made his debut as sub in a 2-2 with Swindon on the final day of the 88/89 season. He looked good too, pacy and good skill. Uncle Joe disagreed released him and signed Rick Holden and Neil Adams!

Bloody Hell, that must like rockin' horse pooh that! Very random, I think my most random autograph is that of Andy Gayle, a young winger who made his debut as sub in a 2-2 with Swindon on the final day of the 88/89 season. He looked good too, pacy and good skill. Uncle Joe disagreed released him and signed Rick Holden and Neil Adams!

It's on a team poster. A friend of my dad knew Andy Barlow really well and asked him to get a poster signed. Every player signed it. It's either '88-'89 or '89-'90.

Edit: Just had a look at it and it's actually '90-'91 (the promotion season). The only signature missing is John Smith, who'd quit football and buggered off back to Uni.

Edited by Takemeanywhere

Billy Urmson made Andy Gayle do 8 laps of the pitch cause he backed heeled a ball in training,

" How @@@@@@@ can you pass to someone you cant see"....

Me and me dad couldnt believe it, it was a great back heal and all.