Chris Taylor - another viewpoint

if he does go, I wouldn't be as gutted as I should be.

our best, most skilful player (on his day), a player who's a local lad and would be in the stands with us if he wasn't on the pitch leaving should be the end of the world (in football terms).

but it wouldn't be for the right price.

if he stays, which I hope he does, he needs to step up once and for all now and make himself an Oldham Athletic great.

if he could maintain his current form and contribute towards us getting promoted he'd be right in there with Ritchie, Eyres etc as a true Latics Legend.

our best, most skilful player (on his day), a player who's a local lad and would be in the stands with us if he wasn't on the pitch leaving should be the end of the world (in football terms).

if he stays, which I hope he does, he needs to step up once and for all now and make himself an Oldham Athletic great.

if he could maintain his current form and contribute towards us getting promoted he'd be right in there with Ritchie, Eyres etc as a true Latics Legend.

No way.

Good servant in his time. Latics Legend?

Legend? Not in the same mould as Ritchie, Palmer or Abbott, but I'd probably hold him in similar regard to Eyresy.

There aren't enough hours in the day to list the number of players that is an insult to, and I've nothing against Abbott in particular.

Good servant in his time. Latics Legend?

Never imo, great player but never an OAFC legend- legends imo are people like Ashworth, Fay, Hardwick, Gemmell, Frizzell, Wood, Stitch, Palmer, Royle and arguably Shez given his length of service and the numerous roles he played at the club.

Eyres goes onto a list that includes players like Dux and Gregan in being good servants…Taylor's a notch below that I reckon.

As for Abbott, he'll be remembered as fondly as people like Tony Philliskirk (playing spell), Scott McGarvey and Matthew Tipton and forgotten just as quickly.

Edited by oafcprozac

Eyres goes onto a list that includes players like Dux and Gregan in being good servants…Taylor's a notch below that I reckon.

i know, this what i was (badly) trying to say - he shouldn't be a notch below with his ability and if he can kick on now he could MAKE himself a legend (he isn't one yet)

:lol:

As for Abbott, he'll be remembered as fondly as people like Tony Philliskirk (playing spell), Scott McGarvey and Matthew Tipton and forgotten just as quickly.

NEVAR! I shall keep his memory alive for as long as I walk the earh. I will tell the stories on how his goals prevented us from plunging us into the abyss, allowing us to re-build into a playoff contending team, our relegation savour. I will tell tales of his remarkable goals against Leyton Orient, Brighton and Brentford, his flairtastic control and hold up play. People will know the truth.

THE MEMORY WILL NEVER DIE!

Never imo, great player but never an OAFC legend- legends imo are people like Ashworth, Fay, Hardwick, Gemmell, Frizzell, Wood, Stitch, Palmer, Royle and arguably Shez given his length of service and the numerous roles he played at the club.

agree

NEVAR! I shall keep his memory alive for as long as I walk the earh. I will tell the stories on how his goals prevented us from plunging us into the abyss, allowing us to re-build into a playoff contending team, our relegation savour. I will tell tales of his remarkable goals against Leyton Orient, Brighton and Brentford, his flairtastic control and hold up play. People will know the truth.

THE MEMORY WILL NEVER DIE!

Never thought much of Abbott, Gregan was much more important last season

OAFC Idols/Fav players - but not legend..

Eyresy is a legend. Absolute class player. Would have been a fourth division club without him. Even might have been a club out of existence without players like him and Sheridan. I'd turn up to games just to watch Eyres. As good as players like Gregan and Dux were, I couldn't say that about them.

Taylor isn't. Yet. He has got plenty of time on his side to become one (if he doesn't leave.)