Right now is the time

for all those who have walked away from watching Latics over the past few years to turn round and get their backsides back down to the bottom of Sheepfoot Lane come Saturday afternoon and show those who have dipped their hands in their pockets that they have done it for a good reason!!!!!! No excuses if you don't turn up on Saturday you'd better have a good reason for not doing so!!!!!!!! :ranting:

Spot on. I can't get the smile off my face. Even thinking about last season's home game against Hartlepool isn't dragging me down.

Let's get Boundary Park rockin' on Saturday. In every conversation I have between now and Saturday, I'm gonna get at least one of the following words/phrases in:

Latics

Dickov

Boundary Park

Evina

Play-offs

Chaddy

Goals

Sheepfoot Lane

Let's spread word of the revolution. F*ck 'Keep The Faith'. The time is now.

Agreed but sadly one performance wont do it a good run of games and performances like that. I would love to see thousands flock back to BP but still think there will be less than 4000 on Sat as Dagneham does not really appeal to the stayaways or neutrals.

Agreed but sadly one performance wont do it a good run of games and performances like that. I would love to see thousands flock back to BP but still think there will be less than 4000 on Sat as Dagneham does not really appeal to the stayaways or neutrals.

Young Thomas, get with the programme. All threads are positive now :wink:

Penney stayaways have no excuse, best squad we have had for a LONG LONG time, we have ex prem and current international players on the bench!

Young fast skillful players, I actually said last night and this is no lie "We are bossing this in midfield" I know??? thats exactly what I said .........................amazing!!!!!!

We have few massive games coming up the future is bright! :grin::grin: Get down to BP and see PD! :grin:

for all those who have walked away from watching Latics over the past few years to turn round and get their backsides back down to the bottom of Sheepfoot Lane come Saturday afternoon and show those who have dipped their hands in their pockets that they have done it for a good reason!!!!!! No excuses if you don't turn up on Saturday you'd better have a good reason for not doing so!!!!!!!! :ranting:

You really make me want to go. Why don't you just shut up?

I have better things to do?

Not many will 'flock' back to see us play Daggers.. however if we win Daggers, Hudders then i think for the tuesday night Carlisle game we will see about an extra 500 home fans on the game (and probably an extra 400 away fans..) IF we can win the next 5 games.. then against P'boro their will be around 4500-5000 home fans

Understand your sentiment, but its Latics they should be coming to see. The opposition shouldn't make that much difference

I know what your saying and agree but when these neutrals or casual fans who pick and choose games the opposistion does have some bearing on that decision.

This mild level of aggression really will encourage people to return :blink:

but the reality for you is that nothing will encourage you to come back isn't it? well & truly a lapsed fan aren't you now?

sad thing is, there are thousands like you in the borough..........but at least you help out in a (very) small way by coming on here and making hits on te site.

This mild level of aggression really will encourage people to return :blink:

I don't think there's anything intentionally aggressive about what he said (Other than all those exclaimation marks!!!!). I think if anything there's more of a frustration attached to why we can't attract back those lapsed fans with really nice football and a genuine promotion push. It honestly saddens me people actively choosing to have better things to do, or even in your case those that have claimed to have lost their appetite for live in-the-flesh football (Yet found the appetite for travelling halfway across the world to see a bunch of overpaid 'superstars' play Penney-esque football *bigwinkything*). It's a frustration generated by not wanting others to miss out on sharing this good season.

Last season I really felt down in the dumps about Latics. I'd finally lost the spark that stopped me from going, choosing to not bother with the last 2 months of the season at all. In no way did I anticipate such a turnaround of fortunes and get back that unfamiliar feeling of walking out of BP with a spring in my step. This team now is the antidote to everything I really dislike about the modern game. It's a young, talented, vibrant football team with little to no superstars or marquee 'names' (Todd aside) who put an honest shift in full of passion and will give even the biggest names in the division a game (Southampton aside). This is what I want from spending near £20 every other Saturday, it feels like money well spent.

Come on, no aggression attached to this one. Just come on down and see for yourself.

Just look out for number one. If you're enjoying it, great. No point trying to force others to go, though. If they don't wanna go, they don't wanna go.

That's fair enough, and isn't the intention. I do like to share though, like watching a tremendous film or a gripping TV show. I then constantly urge others to watch it too.

How about pd and some of the players getting there arses upto town centre and dishout flyers etc advertising the game not just around the latics shop but all around the shopping area .Be proactive speculate to acumulate make an effort and maybe the stayaways might make an effort in return !

How about pd and some of the players getting there arses upto town centre and dishout flyers etc advertising the game not just around the latics shop but all around the shopping area .Be proactive speculate to acumulate make an effort and maybe the stayaways might make an effort in return !

The club should really make a go of something like this:

Throughout the week having volunteers, perhaps some of the reserves and fringe squad too kitted out in Latics gear, at a small stand. with posters, stickers, flyers advertising the next game etc.

And between 9am-2pm on a Saturday outside and around Spindles/Town Square, catching kids with their parents handing out "kids go free vouchers" (obviously when accompanied by a paying adult). Stuff like that in a busy town centre, catching families when they're out and about can surely have a positive effect.

I don't think there's anything intentionally aggressive about what he said (Other than all those exclaimation marks!!!!). I think if anything there's more of a frustration attached to why we can't attract back those lapsed fans with really nice football and a genuine promotion push. It honestly saddens me people actively choosing to have better things to do, or even in your case those that have claimed to have lost their appetite for live in-the-flesh football (Yet found the appetite for travelling halfway across the world to see a bunch of overpaid 'superstars' play Penney-esque football *bigwinkything*). It's a frustration generated by not wanting others to miss out on sharing this good season.

Last season I really felt down in the dumps about Latics. I'd finally lost the spark that stopped me from going, choosing to not bother with the last 2 months of the season at all. In no way did I anticipate such a turnaround of fortunes and get back that unfamiliar feeling of walking out of BP with a spring in my step. This team now is the antidote to everything I really dislike about the modern game. It's a young, talented, vibrant football team with little to no superstars or marquee 'names' (Todd aside) who put an honest shift in full of passion and will give even the biggest names in the division a game (Southampton aside). This is what I want from spending near £20 every other Saturday, it feels like money well spent.

Come on, no aggression attached to this one. Just come on down and see for yourself.

Have one of these for that...... :applause1: