Dickovs side at it's best v Shez's side at it's best?

You know in hindsight, that 07 side had the quality to got prmoted.

Yes, but the Blackpool side were playing better, with more confidence - we fell over the line rather than looking good for promotion. Its important not to peak too early.

Edited by pukka

Oldham 4-0 Hartlepool

v

Oldham 5-0 Forest

?????????????????

discuss :grin:

(or to put it differently, the Oldham side that beat Hartlepool 4-0 v the Oldham side that beat Forest 5-0)

who cares....

whats the point in going back..isnt it just better to enjoy what we now have,and be thankfull this time the board brought the right man in....

What was the team which played in Shez's biggest loss ?

Hereford Away L0-5 Jan '09

Fleming

Eardley

Gregan

Hazell

Lomax

Smalley

Maher

Whitaker

Taylor

Hughes

Windass

Subs:

Allott

Davies

Stam

Liddell

Alessandra

L2-6 v MK Mongs March '09 - Shez fired the day after

Budtz

Eardley,

Hines

Gregan

Jones

Smalley

Allott

Maher

Taylor

Hughes

Kabba

Subs:

Liddell

Alessandra

Fleming

Stam

Whitaker

Hereford Away L0-5 Jan '09

Fleming

Eardley

Gregan

Hazell

Lomax

Smalley

Maher

Whitaker

Taylor

Hughes

Windass

Subs:

Allott

Davies

Stam

Liddell

Alessandra

L2-6 v MK Mongs March '09 - Shez fired the day after

Budtz

Eardley,

Hines

Gregan

Jones

Smalley

Allott

Maher

Taylor

Hughes

Kabba

Subs:

Liddell

Alessandra

Fleming

Stam

Whitaker

Did I read right somehwere that Seb Hines is playing regularly for Middlesborough?

Woeful.

Scott McNiven, Clegg, anyone > Hines.

I pondered this the other night. I think that first season under Shez I was confident that we would go up for most of the season, whereas this season, its more hope than confidence that we'll go up. Some of our performances were sublime under Shez and around Xmas/New Year we were brilliant. However, towards the end it went all pete Tongue.... Without knowing the finances of the club though, resources wise, imo its fair to say that Dickov has done better than Shez with the resources available, but perhaps Shez's team might have just shaded it.....

I think that without doubt though that Dowie's play off team were better than them both.......

But let's hope Dickov can achieve somert none of the other two were able to do and get us up.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

found the advertiser from after the wycombe away game and an interview with martin gray started with 'if you'd have offered us a point before the game we'd have taken it.'

the team was something like

flahaven

:censored:...gregan...hazell...lee

colbeck...furman...stephens...whitaker

smalley...heffernan

so the dickov/sheridan teams were amazing compared to that

The forest game was the better 90 mins and against a far better team than Hartlepool.

But there is the measure of improvement under Dickov to consider as well. I was disappointed we didn't get Gannon in, but this guy has done everything I thought Gannon would do and more.

As others have posted, we have played better this season than we did on Tuesday. But if I go back to Hartlepool away last season I see an ineffective Furman. Lee giving away two goals and offering no offensive threat. Little cover for the unfit Taylor and Abbott.

But above all I see a side that wants to pass the ball. We are at our best passing short. When we go long, we aren't as effective.

Tuesday showed that lessons had been learned from Saturday. It showed that dickov has a managerial ability to encourage his young players, whereas sheridan would all too often undermine his players with public criticism. We will play better sides than Hartlepool before the season is over. There will be setbacks. But the guy in charge won't let those get to his players.

Forest was the better performance. Man for man Sheridan had the better players. But I think dickov gets more out of what resources he has available. So while fans may at times feel frustrated, they have only been let down once by this set of players. And that was accrington, not Southampton.

I think sheridan fielded teams that failed the fans more often.

The forest game was the better 90 mins and against a far better team than Hartlepool.

But there is the measure of improvement under Dickov to consider as well. I was disappointed we didn't get Gannon in, but this guy has done everything I thought Gannon would do and more.

As others have posted, we have played better this season than we did on Tuesday. But if I go back to Hartlepool away last season I see an ineffective Furman. Lee giving away two goals and offering no offensive threat. Little cover for the unfit Taylor and Abbott.

But above all I see a side that wants to pass the ball. We are at our best passing short. When we go long, we aren't as effective.

Tuesday showed that lessons had been learned from Saturday. It showed that dickov has a managerial ability to encourage his young players, whereas sheridan would all too often undermine his players with public criticism. We will play better sides than Hartlepool before the season is over. There will be setbacks. But the guy in charge won't let those get to his players.

Forest was the better performance. Man for man Sheridan had the better players. But I think dickov gets more out of what resources he has available. So while fans may at times feel frustrated, they have only been let down once by this set of players. And that was accrington, not Southampton.

I think sheridan fielded teams that failed the fans more often.

None more so than when we were flying in February 2007, everything looked Rosie - then the Clayton Fans Forum - Shez (being honest) says that all but four or five of his players are not good enough to play in the Championship. Then sure enough our form dips almost immediately. The consequences? 1 win in 8 from mid February to the end of March, then only a further 3 wins in 9 see us limp out of the Play Offs. Dickov knows the limitations of his squad but if they give him everything he will back them all the way and if they've got the shirt and doing the business, they will keep it. Not like Shez's ludicrous decision to drop Lewi when he was absolutely flying.