Which of these Greater Manchester grounds could Latics share ?

Groundshare  

211 members have voted

1. 1. If we were to share a ground, who would you like to share with

• Rochdale/Spotland
    • Bury/Gigg Lane
    • Curzon Ashton (if redeveloped)
    • Stalybridge Celtic
    • Manchester Regional Athletics Arena
    • No Preference, any of the above
    • Completely against a ground share of any kind

Rochdale, Bury, Stalybridge Celtic, Curzon Ashton (if redeveloped), and the Manchester Regional Athletics Arena.

I have only chosen a few local possibilities, none are in Oldham as the ground capacities won't be large enough) if you know of any others list them in your reply.

I considered Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic, but think they are too far away.

Edited by Lookers_Carl

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rochdale and Curzon Ashton are the only two real possibilities for me. The new FCUM ground will probably be ready in a year or two but I can't see too many going to watch us there.

Curzon's a nice little ground and could accomodate us at the moment given we're only trawling in about 3,000 home fans. And it'd save on all those horrible upkeep costs of BP.

Rochdale and Curzon Ashton are the only two real possibilities for me. The new FCUM ground will probably be ready in a year or two but I can't see too many going to watch us there.

Curzon's a nice little ground and could accomodate us at the moment given we're only trawling in about 3,000 home fans. And it'd save on all those horrible upkeep costs of BP.

Problem is it only holds 4,000 at present, but there's plenty of scope to add to the capacity if needed.

is it near Daisy Nook? I'm sure I got lost in that area and ended up driving past it, it would need a couple of tempory stands

my personal preference would be moving to Stalybridge

Edited by Tommy_Fent

is it near Daisy Nook? I'm sure I got lost in that area and ended up driving past it, it would need a couple of tempory stands

my personal preference would be moving to Stalybridge

Yeah, not far. It's right next to the Motorway too, in the big swathe of land behind IKEA.

Yeah, not far. It's right next to the Motorway too, in the big swathe of land behind IKEA.

Also within walking distance of Ashton train station, and probably the future ashton metrolink stop?

And I think a temporary stand or two could easilly be built in order to take the capacity to around the 8000 mark which would be more than adequate whilst still at this level?

Also the possibility of terracing too??

There's terracing on three sides, one stand, the side stand is undercover. Great atmosphere generator.

My point was ultimately that say for example we moved there, and the ground was to be redeveloped, as there is terracing already there, we would not have to develope it as an all seater stadium?

This is all hypothetically speaking of course

My choice if possible would be to share with Curzon Ashton, Manchester Regional Athletics Track would be my 2nd choice.

Also within walking distance of Ashton train station, and probably the future ashton metrolink stop?

And I think a temporary stand or two could easilly be built in order to take the capacity to around the 8000 mark which would be more than adequate whilst still at this level?

Also the possibility of terracing too??

what about from Guide Bridge railway station?

i wouldnt mind curzon ashton to be honest.

The more I mull it over, the more I think it would work. It's still near enough to keep Latics fans interested, there's plenty of scope for redeveloping, it would be a massive ":censored: you" to OMBC and it would also mean the return of terracing. WIN WIN WIN WIN, I say.