Dagenham Sending Off

What was it actually for? Saw Tounkara collapse into a heap but didn't see what Peter Gain actually did to get the sending off.

High tackle, stamped down on him, seemed to catch him above the knee. Nasty challenge, got what he deserved.

Just seen it on FLS- looked nasty and the ref was not slow in sending him off.

However, if only we had that ref last saturday as the bloke who won the penalty would have been off- the ref on that occassion didn't even give a free kick despite a very similar challenge.

A shame that's one of the few things he did see...as the guy didn't have a clue at a couple of corners and the penalty we never got on Reid was a joke. I applaud players for staying on their feet most of the time, but Reid was fouled at least twice as he tried to get his shot off...he just should've gone down (that's not a criticism of Reid as he shouldn't have to if officials are up to it.) Frustrating!

Edited by boundaryblue80

A shame that's one of the few things he did see...as the guy didn't have a clue at a couple of corners and the penalty we never got on Reid was a joke. I applaud players for staying on their feet most of the time, but Reid was fouled at least twice as he tried to get his shot off...he just should've gone down (that's not a criticism of Reid as he shouldn't have to if officials are up to it.) Frustrating!

Agree with you mate.

High tackle, stamped down on him, seemed to catch him above the knee. Nasty challenge, got what he deserved.

That was about the fifth tackle like that, what about the one on Morais that was a red too? The ref didn't have a clue against a team of absolute thugs. If he'd stamped his authority early doors we might have seen a football match. Instead (apart from our twenty minute purple patch- which was still enough to have won) we got a Rugby Match. Wales and England played more football on Friday night. The frustrating thing was after the goal we got drawn into their lump it tactics. But still another game we should have won. HGreat banter from Roberts though, what was that celebration about? And he earned his team the point with three or four decent saves…The rest of them were absolute head the balls…literally...

That was about the fifth tackle like that, what about the one on Morais that was a red too? The ref didn't have a clue against a team of absolute thugs. If he'd stamped his authority early doors we might have seen a football match. Instead (apart from our twenty minute purple patch- which was still enough to have won) we got a Rugby Match. Wales and England played more football on Friday night. The frustrating thing was after the goal we got drawn into their lump it tactics. But still another game we should have won. HGreat banter from Roberts though, what was that celebration about? And he earned his team the point with three or four decent saves…The rest of them were absolute head the balls…literally...

I don't remember too much kicking on Friday night, but then again because I was in Cardiff I couldn't really see Saturday's game the next day.