latics v carlisle

:( no words needed

Nope,

i think you might as well start following a local team bob.

TBH i don't think there will be a team in this town to support next season anyway.

i got myself so worked upo during the last few weeks but as i said on the other thread,ive got to the point were throwing away 20 to 30 quid every week to sit in a crumbling stinky 'stadium' watching some players go through the motions doesnt float my boat.

Like I said risgby bye :censored: off don't need people like you

We still on that?

I'd like to offer the suggestion that we should give Ryan Brooke a go up front. It's an option we haven't really tried yet and not once this season have we really had any bite up front. Maybe he could offer us something different?

Edited by Markoasis

Well, that was about as disappointing as I've seen us this season. And about as disappointed as I've been after a game this season.

After starting off like a house on fire, we seized up and spent the last 70 minutes clinging on. If it wasn't for Amos, we'd have been screwed tonight.

We totally surrendered midfield, the front two did not fire at all. I don't think playing with the front two as we did was the way to go, given the performances of the last two games. I'd drop Reid, put Morais just behind Omar, push Taylor out to the wing and bring in Abalimba (who by all accounts looks the real deal) or even Jones to give us that bite in midfield that we're lacking at the moment. Until Stephens is fit again of course.

My ratings:

Amos - 9 - MOM for me. Pulled of several good saves, punches, clearances etc and one world class save in the first half to keep out their header. Outstanding.

Lee - 7 - Was very effective going forward in the 1st, less so in the 2nd but decent at the back as well.

Trotman - 6 - Did OK. Not his most commanding.

Todd - 5.5 - Started off well, and a nice range of short passes instead of the usual centre-half hooves, but got caught short for pace a few times and nearly cost us in the 1st with an underhit pass. We need Rubes back.

Evina - 7 - One of his best games for me. Did everything well. Black won't be back in a hurry.

Furman - 5 - Very quiet. Not his usual self. The midfield was anonymous today, and it told.

Taylor - 5 - No lack of effort, but headless chicken. NOT A CENTRAL MIDFIELDER. End of.

Morais - 6 - Main outlet in the 1st. Thought he was going to have a field day, but as the game wore on, was less and less effective

White - 4 - Very poor. The worst I've seen him play since he's been here. No impact, full of fancy flicks which never worked

Tounkara - 4 - Started brightly, then nosedived. Poorest game yet. Held nothing up. Wanted too long on the ball. And when it did finally stick to him, tried to do too much with it

Reid - 4 - Slightly worse than Omar. Nothing stuck to him. Had a 50p chest/foot/head etc. I'd drop him for the next game.

Feeney - 5 - not much time to have an impact, but the team had given up by then anyway

Alessandra - 6 - Nearly set up the equaliser with his first touch. Nice to see him back.

All in all, supremely disappointed. Was convinced we were going to win this one before kick off, but to be fair, Carlisle did a bit of a number on us. They were organised and dangerous from the set piece. Only Amos' heroics kept them at bay. One of the better teams I've seen at BP this season.

The only thing that did get me out of my seat was Gerry Taggart. What a top :censored:ing man. Windmilled into the Carlisle players like a man possessed. Guaranteed touchline ban. Instant legend.

A very disappointing evening in front of a great crowd. None of which will be coming back. Why does the team always shoot the club in the foot on days like these??? It was so nice to see BP full again. Will probably be the last time I fear.

Finally just a short word for the ref. Gave us pretty much everything, and we still couldn't take advantage.

Gutted, gutted, gutted........

Edited by Snookmeister

the annoying thing for me was that getting there with ten minutes to go meant that i had to sit pretty much right at the front of the RRE and couldnt see a lot. good view of the goal but thats about it.

what i did see though was a decent defensive display but we may as well not have had a midfield which is how we've been winning games this season. taylor was crap on saturday in the centre so why dickov put him there again was a mistake.

the positives though:

- thought todd played well, not much got past him, joint MOTM for me

- amos saved us a hammering

- even thought it'll be a one-off, boundary park was pretty much full

- mk dons, charlton and colchester all dropped points i think so we're still in the mix for the play-offs

- we're playing a team managed by dave penney next, if there's a game to have a response, it's one where we can hopefully go back to attacking football and score a few past them. hopefully.