Craig Watson back again tommorow

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2302317,00.html

Oldham boxer Craig Watson returns to Boundary Park tomorrow along with the British welterweight title belt he won last weekend.

Watson (28) outpointed John O'Donnell over 12 rounds at Wembley to add the British crown to the Commonwealth light-middleweight title he already holds.

He was at Boundary Park for the Carlisle game days before his title bout when he made the half time Strike It Lucky draw and also showed off his Commonwealth belt.

"I have boxed all over Europe, but never been so nervous as I was before appearing at my home town football club," he explained.

After being given a tremendous reception, Watson says he wants to return to say thank for all the support he received which he will do at half-time tomorrow.

Watson is hoping to be accompanied by Ricky Hatton who has also promised a visit to see Paul Dickov who he developed a friendship when he played for Manchester City, the team supported by the 'Hitman.'

Let's give them a great reception.

He was at Boundary Park for the Carlisle game days before his title bout when he made the half time Strike It Lucky draw and also showed off his Commonwealth belt.

"I have boxed all over Europe, but never been so nervous as I was before appearing at my home town football club," he explained.

I calmed him down when I went on the pitch to receive my Strike It Lucky prize. Watch out for my picture with him and Craig Dudley in tomorrow's match programme. B)

Hatton is quoted in the Chron as saying he would like Watson's next fight to be at Oldham Sports Centre.

Has enough time gone by for us to forget what happened last time and the reason we haven't had boxing there since?

Be good if it happens though, Warren could send us the Heffron's for a full Oldham Billing!

Has enough time gone by for us to forget what happened last time and the reason we haven't had boxing there since?

Be good if it happens though, Warren could send us the Heffron's for a full Oldham Billing!

Very tragic incident, but we're 12 years on.

Were the people involved local? I have no idea. Although I seem to recall them not being.

Very tragic incident, but we're 12 years on.

Were the people involved local? I have no idea. Although I seem to recall them not being.

Oldham and Manchester really. Three that got sent down were from Moston Collyhurst way. So no too far away. Lad who got killed was from down south. were plenty of kids from Oldham causing trouble too.

My first Hatton fight that one. Didn't know too much about him then either.

why what happened?

There was a big fight in the car park between rival sets of boxing fans and a lad ended up getting knocked under a coach and dying.

Why you haven't seen boxing in Oldham for many years. Rea shame though as it was a great nights boxing (inside the venue).

If you google Dean Fisher (I think) and Oldham sports centre it should bring some stories up.

Silky Jones retired from boxing because of it too. Shame all around.

There was a big fight in the car park between rival sets of boxing fans and a lad ended up getting knocked under a coach and dying.

Why you haven't seen boxing in Oldham for many years. Rea shame though as it was a great nights boxing (inside the venue).

If you google Dean Fisher (I think) and Oldham sports centre it should bring some stories up.

Silky Jones retired from boxing because of it too. Shame all around.

Watson was quoted in tonight's Chron as saying that he'd love one day for one of his fights to be staged at Boundary Park - does he know something we don't ?

Watson was quoted in tonight's Chron as saying that he'd love one day for one of his fights to be staged at Boundary Park - does he know something we don't ?

So the ring would be at the front of the RRE nomansland, to keep the 2 boxers supporters separated.