Orientalmentalism 12 March 2011

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm alright, Jack. Christ. :petesake:

It's TRADITION to go to the Doric Arch. I ain't going anywhere near H&I. Stinks round there.

What? Cos we've done it once?

Ok - I'm up for going there. 1130? Al gets into London at 11 and he'll need entertaining...

Ackey - you just need to get the Northern line now - nice and easy (unless you're closer to the Vic line as this will be much quicker).

P.S. The Doric Arch is a sh1thole. We only go there cos you cry and start acting like Mr Shue if we don't

Ryan - what time are you planning on getting there?

I'll still not believe it until I see it. That's why I'm visiting him on Friday too so I can make sure I don't miss out on our special time. I'm even taking Dave with me to distract Mrs-Z whilst we sneak off for a cuddle.

I'll still not believe it until I see it. That's why I'm visiting him on Friday too so I can make sure I don't miss out on our special time. I'm even taking Dave with me to distract Mrs-Z whilst we sneak off for a cuddle.

I'm having nothing to do with these evil plans.

Highbury and Islington is out of the way for everyone in the world, except closet Gleeboy, it's enough of a pain in the arse as it is without going to the Famous Cock.

Kings Cross might be a better option.....

Surely its more important to wash the famous cock first? Sure you would brush your teeth and so on anyway but it smacks of being wise after the event.

Surely its more important to wash the famous cock first? Sure you would brush your teeth and so on anyway but it smacks of being wise after the event.

The Famous Cock ain't never been washed, inside or out.

You Eustoning? Doric-arching? Glee-ing? I'm probably going to head straight there onna bus, innit.

Highbury and Islington is out of the way for everyone in the world, except closet Gleeboy, it's enough of a pain in the arse as it is without going to the Famous Cock.

If you're going via BLackhorse Road its positively on route!!!

Anyway, we'll just see what happens. I've been an idiot and thought planning was a good idea!!

What? Cos we've done it once?

Ok - I'm up for going there. 1130? Al gets into London at 11 and he'll need entertaining...

Ackey - you just need to get the Northern line now - nice and easy (unless you're closer to the Vic line as this will be much quicker).

P.S. The Doric Arch is a sh1thole. We only go there cos you cry and start acting like Mr Shue if we don't

Twice, you bum'ole. You weren't there the first time, probably too busy touching other men's testicles or something.

I'll be there for 11.30 fo' shiz.

After reading of the tube line closures in London i feel this is the best place to ask for advice on travel to the game on Saturday so apologies if this should of gone in the Leyton directions thread on the main board. Il give you the plan we had as this may now need to be changed. All advice welcome.

Me and three mates are travelling down on the 09:35 train from Manchester Piccadilly and should be in around 11:30ish. We were planning on going a simiar route as last year and once getting off the train and finding something to eat we would then be having a few drinks in pubs we went in last time (The Cock and The Champion if anyone knows them? they both do Alpine lager at 1.79, old student habits die hard ha) that are nearish to Tottenham Court Road tube station (i forget how near ha i think about 5 minutes from the second pub). We walked down too from Euston station to the pubs but we might be better served to get the tube down from there instead though they didn't seem too far.

This year however we have decided to stay over night (on the subject of which we are planning on going Camden,i think, at night and was wondering is this a good night out/near?) and we have got a hostel booked in Leicester square and we were planning on going there just after our drinks in the two pubs mentioned to drop our stuff off. Our plan then was to get up to Leyton in time to grab another swift pint before going the game but seeing as how the tube line for Leyton is shut this has messed up plans a bit. We roughly estimated that we could easily do all this if things were running as normal, sacrificing one or two pints at Leyton at the least. However time wise now how long do you reckon we would need to be able to get the tube from Leicster Square up to Euston then switch to the Victoria line then onto Blackhorse Road and then get the overground rail to whichever Leyton station we would get off at?

Would we be leaving ourselves too much to do in the amount of time we would have taking the new route into account? Is it more sensible to just take our bags with us, have a couple of drinks wherever near to Euston station then follow everyone elses route to the ground?

Any help much appreciated :)

However time wise now how long do you reckon we would need to be able to get the tube from Leicster Square up to Euston then switch to the Victoria line then onto Blackhorse Road and then get the overground rail to whichever Leyton station we would get off at?

The Transport for London website suggests this would take 40 minutes, changing at Finsbury Park on the Piccadilly Line and Blackhorse Road on the Victoria Line, and then going to Leyton Midland Road on the overground.

If you go straight to the hostel after getting in to Euston and then leave the hostel straight away and go straight to Leyton, you should be drinking your first pint by 1.30 at the latest!

Twice, you bum'ole. You weren't there the first time, probably too busy touching other men's testicles or something.

I'll be there for 11.30 fo' shiz.

I think you'll find that was the day I was doing my finest Dean Windass impression on Soccer AM...

After reading of the tube line closures in London i feel this is the best place to ask for advice on travel to the game on Saturday so apologies if this should of gone in the Leyton directions thread on the main board. Il give you the plan we had as this may now need to be changed. All advice welcome.

Me and three mates are travelling down on the 09:35 train from Manchester Piccadilly and should be in around 11:30ish. We were planning on going a simiar route as last year and once getting off the train and finding something to eat we would then be having a few drinks in pubs we went in last time (The Cock and The Champion if anyone knows them? they both do Alpine lager at 1.79, old student habits die hard ha) that are nearish to Tottenham Court Road tube station (i forget how near ha i think about 5 minutes from the second pub). We walked down too from Euston station to the pubs but we might be better served to get the tube down from there instead though they didn't seem too far.

This year however we have decided to stay over night (on the subject of which we are planning on going Camden,i think, at night and was wondering is this a good night out/near?) and we have got a hostel booked in Leicester square and we were planning on going there just after our drinks in the two pubs mentioned to drop our stuff off. Our plan then was to get up to Leyton in time to grab another swift pint before going the game but seeing as how the tube line for Leyton is shut this has messed up plans a bit. We roughly estimated that we could easily do all this if things were running as normal, sacrificing one or two pints at Leyton at the least. However time wise now how long do you reckon we would need to be able to get the tube from Leicster Square up to Euston then switch to the Victoria line then onto Blackhorse Road and then get the overground rail to whichever Leyton station we would get off at?

Would we be leaving ourselves too much to do in the amount of time we would have taking the new route into account? Is it more sensible to just take our bags with us, have a couple of drinks wherever near to Euston station then follow everyone elses route to the ground?

Any help much appreciated :)

Get off at Euston and hit up Doric Arch (at Euston station). Then follow the crowd to the ground... Vic line through to Blackhorse Road and then overland for 2 stops to London Midland. 10 min walk to the ground. Not that big a deal as it's 25 mins from central on the Central Line anyway and 34 mins from Euston.

Camden's alright. If you're down near the Mornington Crescent end you should be ok. If you're up near Camden Town lots of bars are members only on a Sat night to keep out tourists and d1ckheads

Edited by latic12345

The Transport for London website suggests this would take 40 minutes, changing at Finsbury Park on the Piccadilly Line and Blackhorse Road on the Victoria Line, and then going to Leyton Midland Road on the overground.

If you go straight to the hostel after getting in to Euston and then leave the hostel straight away and go straight to Leyton, you should be drinking your first pint by 1.30 at the latest!

Ah okay, cheers mate. Il see what the boys fancy doing and whether we want to not be drinking for so long :lol: thanks for the response!

Get off at Euston and hit up Doric Arch (at Euston station). Then follow the crowd to the ground... Vic line through to Blackhorse Road and then overland for 2 stops to London Midland. 10 min walk to the ground. Not that big a deal as it's 25 mins from central on the Central Line anyway and 34 mins from Euston.

Camden's alright. If you're down near the Mornington Crescent end you should be ok. If you're up near Camden Town lots of bars are members only on a Sat night to keep out tourists and d1ckheads

I think this is going to have to be one options open to us along with the other mentioned above. Im not that fussed carrying our stuff with us, hopefully the others aren't, i would prefer to carry on the drinking not too long after we are off the train ha

With Camden, i think who suggested it out of our group is under the impression it's a studenty area? we're hoping this as we want a relatively cheap night out in London (i say relative as i got a rough idea it could still work out expensive). Or would you reccomend anywhere else to go (that's cheapish)?

On another note what underground zone travel ticket do we need for Saturday? and will it include the overground trains?

Ah okay, cheers mate. Il see what the boys fancy doing and whether we want to not be drinking for so long :lol: thanks for the response!

I think this is going to have to be one options open to us along with the other mentioned above. Im not that fussed carrying our stuff with us, hopefully the others aren't, i would prefer to carry on the drinking not too long after we are off the train ha

With Camden, i think who suggested it out of our group is under the impression it's a studenty area? we're hoping this as we want a relatively cheap night out in London (i say relative as i got a rough idea it could still work out expensive). Or would you reccomend anywhere else to go (that's cheapish)?

On another note what underground zone travel ticket do we need for Saturday? and will it include the overground trains?

Zone's 1-3 will cover you. The Mornington Crescent end of Camden is fairly studenty and well priced. The Camden Town end is pricey these days and quite exclusive given the locals snobbery...

As Zorro suggests, he reckons he's going to make it to The Roxy* (just off Oxford Street). On a Saturday, it's kinda like a London version of 5th Ave without the cheap offers (although not as expensive as most London clubs). It's also full of students if you're into that kind of thing

* We haven't been to The Roxy in over a year so it could now be rubbish

Edited by latic12345

Zone's 1-3 will cover you. The Mornington Crescent end of Camden is fairly studenty and well priced. The Camden Town end is pricey these days and quite exclusive given the locals snobbery...

As Zorro suggests, he reckons he's going to make it to The Roxy* (just off Oxford Street). On a Saturday, it's kinda like a London version of 5th Ave without the cheap offers (although not as expensive as most London clubs). It's also full of students if you're into that kind of thing

* We haven't been to The Roxy in over a year so it could now be rubbish

Two important things about post game:

1. There will be a club. We failed last year when everyone drifted off in dribs and drabs and I was sick. Not this year bitches.

2. 1 will probably not happen, but lets at least try this time?

Two important things about post game:

1. There will be a club. We failed last year when everyone drifted off in dribs and drabs and I was sick. Not this year bitches.

2. 1 will probably not happen, but lets at least try this time?

Mate I'm well up for it. Last time there were four problems:

1. Andy's juice was more potent than normal

2. It was August and the first London game of the season. No excuse as made it to Roxy after Orient last season but the drinking pace was a bit mental and, after Al disappeared, we were a team of lightweights.

3. Ryan wasn't there to bring the best out of us...

4. I really wasnt up for it and, as a mong, wore my Oldham top.

We'll make it to Roxy. It opens at 10. We just might not stay very long. It is also TRADITION (I've been told you can only use block caps for that word) to have a double cheeseburger as you enter Roxy

Edited by latic12345