OWTB Premium TV Forum?

Sometimes the ad bar at the top doesn't load if it uses flash on my Mac Book - the following error message it gives is (var s_account="premiumtvoldhamforum";)…, so is this forum now part of the Premium TV network? And given that it is identical to Bristol Rovers' which is also PTV I'm assuming it is.

So are PTV taking a piece of the pie??? (Per click)

Edited by oafcprozac

Since becoming the official board we've carried code that links to PTV and thus every click here makes money for OAFC. Any cut PTV take is the same as they do for clicks on the official site.

Since the upgrade PTV have been nothing short of shambolic in their handling of our requests for updated code for the website and have generated a :censored: tonne of work for me, Wardle and mostly Rummy who did the work.

It's been embarrassing how useless they've been. That code may still be a place holder, I've not had chance to chat with Rummy since last week so I'm not sure.

We're currently reviewing the situation.

Since becoming the official board we've carried code that links to PTV and thus every click here makes money for OAFC. Any cut PTV take is the same as they do for clicks on the official site.

Since the upgrade PTV have been nothing short of shambolic in their handling of our requests for updated code for the website and have generated a :censored: tonne of work for me, Wardle and mostly Rummy who did the work.

It's been embarrassing how useless they've been. That code may still be a place holder, I've not had chance to chat with Rummy since last week so I'm not sure.

We're currently reviewing the situation.

Another issue is that is it forever kicking me out and i'm having to sign back in, when previously the old site would leave you logged in for days on end - or at lest until I cleared my cache...

Another issue is that is it forever kicking me out and i'm having to sign back in, when previously the old site would leave you logged in for days on end - or at lest until I cleared my cache...

Does this to me too. It only does it at work though - not when I use my work laptop from home (as I am now). Which has lead me to believe the issue is not with OWTB but the way some networks interact with the server.

I feel your pain, it drives me mad, but I'm doubtful we will find a solution to it as we don't have the resources to commit to a full PD on it.

Does this to me too. It only does it at work though - not when I use my work laptop from home (as I am now). Which has lead me to believe the issue is not with OWTB but the way some networks interact with the server.

I feel your pain, it drives me mad, but I'm doubtful we will find a solution to it as we don't have the resources to commit to a full PD on it.

Mine's not a work computer mate, on my wireless network at home...

I had a similar issue to this ages ago on a mac, managed to sort it eventually, think it was to do with browser settings in safari - sorry i can't be more specific.

Mine's not a work computer mate, on my wireless network at home...

But by the sounds of it the configuration of that network must carry the same characteristics as the one I use at work.

My complete testing was as follows:

Work Laptop

1. With Firefox at work - problem

2. With Chrome at work - problem

3. With IE at work - problem

Work Laptop

1. With Firefox at home - no problem

2. With Chrome at home - no problem

3. With IE at home - no problem

Personal Laptop

1. With Firefox at home - no problem

2. With Chrom at home - no problem

Conclusion:

Not account based - doesn't follow the account to new machines.

Not website based - doesn't follow to new machines.

Not Laptop based - doesn't remain with the account or laptop on differing networks.

Network based - only common factor is the network in my office.

Actions:

Test with alternate laptop on faulty network - not possible, all laptops must be security cleared to use on the IBM network and my alternates will not be accepted.

Sollution:

:censored: happens and there isn't one. I don't have the skill to research this on the site and see what's conflicting between my work network and OWTB. Rummy doesn't have the time with work and a family to even be a Mod any more, let alone run a full PD on OWTB and the network structures which access it.

I know it's a pain, like I say I have the exact same issue. I can't use OWTB at work it's so bad. But there doesn't seem to be much we can do about it unless someone is going to start paying us for our time, and that frankly is never going to happen.