Bored of negative fans

I was talking about adding to the atmosphere really. The ones that provide the atmosphere at the moment bring an unwelcoming one. Too quick to abuse and not quick enough to praise.

I'm sure a group of fans supporting the club would be much better than what we have at present.

I wouldn't necessarily say the fans that provide a big proportion of the atmosphere are unwelcome as long as they aren't being racist/sexist/homophobic/sectarian etc. It does look a bit silly to see teenagers giving the big "hooligan" to the away fans in the RRE- especially as one of these days they are going to do it to the wrong opposition and face the consequences.

However, how many of the fans being talked about from the RRE stayed to watch the cracker from CMS? I respect the right for fans to boo players, I don't like it but they have the right to do so, but they have to be there to do so

I was talking about adding to the atmosphere really. The ones that provide the atmosphere at the moment bring an unwelcoming one. Too quick to abuse and not quick enough to praise.

I'm sure a group of fans supporting the club would be much better than what we have at present.

I can see it now "PUT THAT FLAG DOWN YOU LOOK FLIPPIN STUPID"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBYE-mEhEVg

a lovely image but my honest opinion is that Ultras will never catch on in the UK because there has always been an "Island Mentality" in British football going back to the days when the English national team refused to join Fifa and Ultra's are seen as "acting like Johnny Foreigner" to some. It's the reason why Football never catches in the US because it's seen as a "Commie Sport"

The only way I could see it catching on at Oldham is if we designate a singing section, where rules are a bit relaxed towards standing.

I would suggest the opposite side to the away fans in the RRE around the "L" so it gets rid of baiting of away fans etc. I think it would catch on because I think a lot of people would like to stand, a lot of people would like to sing and a lot of people would like to do both!

The only way I could see it catching on at Oldham is if we designate a singing section, where rules are a bit relaxed towards standing.

I would suggest the opposite side to the away fans in the RRE around the "L" so it gets rid of baiting of away fans etc. I think it would catch on because I think a lot of people would like to stand, a lot of people would like to sing and a lot of people would like to do both!

What about the "T" section of the Rochdale Road End? Could be good for a bit of banter with away fans without to many people going over the top.

And leave the Rocky Road end lads alone, they're just singing ffs.

Won't work. No one over the age of 15 would use it.

If you look at our fanbase on matchdays, most people are misfits.

I was looking at the Sheffield Wednesday fans all stood up the other night and was thinking about the uproar from Latics fans if the same thing happened.

Edited by bowl