If you were Dickov...

Yes, he still has his reputation in tact. He's working for a fella who I wouldn't trust to play with a lego set. Next year he will have an even more reduced budget and relegation and administration looms.

just as easily he could unearth some gems of players with his contacts,bring on more of the youth into the first team squad build on what we have done this season and further enhance his reputation as a very good up and coming manager by getting us in the playoffs.....always two ways to look at things....

Yes, he still has his reputation in tact. He's working for a fella who I wouldn't trust to play with a lego set. Next year he will have an even more reduced budget and relegation and administration looms.

To be fair, he will be noticed for doing well with a financially stricken club. He may well have been noticed already for doing a decent job here.

You do make a good point though, that is largely ignored.

Amos made one of the best saves I have seen all season yesterday in the fist half, and he couldn't have done anything with the goal - was dead in line with it, and it swerved so much that most people thought it had been deflected.

Amos is a million miles better than Brill. Again, he's only a kid though and will get better. Unfortunately that will more than likely be at a club with higher standing than us.

brill might make mistakes but whoever comes in on loan to replace him (flahaven/amos) might make the better saves or get more from corners but with brill, we seem to have the better form early in the season. i think with amos, he's a great young keeper who will play in the premiership like ben foster has done, but not with united. it can't help him being in a team playing like we are doing now but some of the saves he makes keeps up from conceding too many. he's cost us a few, and has conceded 5 and 6 goals in matches but i think i'd still prefer him to brill at the moment. he's low on confidence and young, like the rest of the team, but he's going to be a top keeper, and brill isnt.

Intrigued to see this hammering of Taylor. Yes he was innefective, but at least he put a shift in, eevn white tried and ran his socks off. I'd be more inclined to look at Morais. I'm sorry, but he is pointless window dressing (especially away from home) when we are playing as badly as this. Get Jones back in the midfield and get some solidity back... we need to start doing the basics right again.

the reason why we were playing well before december, and not playing well now is that we were hassling teams and not giving them any time to play how they wanted to, for some reason we've stopped that and teams are playing how they want to against us and are scoring for fun. we can't afford for brighton to come and play how they want because they'll score ten, but if we get in their faces, like we were doing early on in the season, they'll find it harder. you're right about not getting the basics right, and we're going to walk it into the net but ending up not having a shot at all.

Latics (4-4-2):

Brill (amos)

Lee, Hazell, Jarrett (trotman/m'voto/tarkowski), Black

Jones (Millar 89), Stephens, Furman, Alessandra (Taylor 85)

Bembo-Leta (Kelly 78) (feeney), Tounkara.

Subs (not used): Ollerenshaw, M'voto, Gregan, Holdsworth. (brill, trotman/tarkowski/m'voto, mantom, taylor, white, morais, reid)

that was the team for the notts county game, where we scored goals, played well and stopped county from doing anything against us. put the bold players in, and thats three changes i'd make. feeney won't score but he holds the ball up, will hopefully feed off tounkara and will bring the midfield into the attack.

we've got a good team, and we need dickov and taggart to get some confidence back and go back to how we know we can play, and then bring on the players who can get a late goal