Players not paid

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any day now. Bit of an obscure connection but I'm mates with a Plymouth fan whos is good mates with someone who works on their local rag.

Long story short, he's in contact with Risdale alot about their situation and it's been mentioned to him a few times that we're fuccked..

I'm worried

I think Risdale was involved in predicting our downfall the last time we were in admin, wasn't he?

Don't think he likes us much......

When do Sky pay us for Tranmere, I assume it is after the game but it might be some before and some after? The loan fee for Stephens won't be massive so we can't be far off being able to pay the players this month already (although maybe we need the additional gate money from Tranmere as well). Working things out, I think we will be OK with paying the players this month, next month (using Sky money), May (season tickets), June (ditto). July might be a problem though, especially as I can't see us being able to bring a "marquee" player in to boost season ticket sales, so maybe those that can should get to as many pre-season friendlies as possible, and buy the new shirt etc.. The one advantage is that although we don't have a lot of money to pay them, at the moment we don't have that many players that need paying in July. Unless Stephens gets injured I can see us selling him in the summer (it might have already been agreed), we know some clubs have been sniffing around Taylor; Smalley, Furman and Lee have definate sell ability. We might have enough money to keep us going until the start of next season but after that I'm not too sure, especially as we will need to bring in some players.

the youth team get paid by the f.a so i heard from someone who works within the club,this money has not been used to pay the youth team if you catch my drift also my source says club should have been put into admin 6 months ago.....................

the youth team get paid by the f.a so i heard from someone who works within the club,this money has not been used to pay the youth team if you catch my drift also my source says club should have been put into admin 6 months ago.....................

Who's your source? Or have you just randomly made something up?

Shame - an administrator would never have paid a fee for Reid. :rolleyes:

When do Sky pay us for Tranmere, I assume it is after the game but it might be some before and some after? The loan fee for Stephens won't be massive so we can't be far off being able to pay the players this month already (although maybe we need the additional gate money from Tranmere as well). Working things out, I think we will be OK with paying the players this month, next month (using Sky money), May (season tickets), June (ditto). July might be a problem though, especially as I can't see us being able to bring a "marquee" player in to boost season ticket sales, so maybe those that can should get to as many pre-season friendlies as possible, and buy the new shirt etc.. The one advantage is that although we don't have a lot of money to pay them, at the moment we don't have that many players that need paying in July. Unless Stephens gets injured I can see us selling him in the summer (it might have already been agreed), we know some clubs have been sniffing around Taylor; Smalley, Furman and Lee have definate sell ability. We might have enough money to keep us going until the start of next season but after that I'm not too sure, especially as we will need to bring in some players.

Arn't there a lot of players out of contract too? Not ideal, but shifting the deadwood and getting the playing staff down to a skeleton squad has to be the priority over the summer.

Anyone have a list of who's out of contract at the end of the season?

Do you realise how serious an allegation this is? If it is true that we should have been in administration 6 months ago, then that's very serious fraud - with usually a minimum of suspension from being a legal Director in the UK and a not unusual custodial sentence.

If we do manage to get the game on on Monday take a good look around BP folks, it might be one of the last times you get to see it, enjoy it (if that's the right word) there will not be many more chances.

Same applies even if you are watching on TV and tut-tutting at the poor crowd.

Don't know if the club would be able to do this, but how about if they opened the car park on sunday morning or something for people to do a carboot sale on? Wouldn't cost much, charge say £5-£10 a stall on it.. open Chaddy/RRE for toilets and have the food stalls there open for them to purchase food from.. Wouldnt be that much in the greater picture, but could help slightly?

Walsall FC manages to stay in the black. It gets income from a Sunday market held outside the stadium, with about 250 stalls selling a huge range of all new products. The market trades every week and is the biggest Sunday market in the Midlands.

5558773421_2e77938d99_z.jpg

Has been done before used to be a regular car boot/sunday market on the car park but if memory serves me right traders on tommyfield objected as it was supposedly affecting trade and the council pulled or restricted the liecence

Wowzers – we really are evidently that tight on cash-flow aren’t we?

My worry would also be; if we’re struggling in terms of cash flow to pay the players; I’m guessing that the non-playing staff are also in the same boat too? Groundstaff, Ticket Office, Club Shop etc – and that’s not good either is it? The Taxman isn’t usually too far away once these sort of things happen; with other creditors waiting in the wings too.........

It just gets better & better doesn’t it? Typical Latics eh? This season started out as a bit of the unknown, over-delivered as it turns out on the playing side of things, and has then dramatically gone belly up on all fronts – ground wise, cash flow wise, playing side wise..........

The glass half empty in me fears a relegation and admin route isn’t too far away – how do you even look to motivate a group of players on a shocking run of from when they aren’t being paid and the future of the club looks so uncertain??

Critical weeks & months are definitely ahead...........

how many times is it that the club pays late wages before the players call breach of contract???? i reckon it cant be too far off,and if so any assets players wise can walk out for nothing....

Has been done before used to be a regular car boot/sunday market on the car park but if memory serves me right traders on tommyfield objected as it was supposedly affecting trade and the council pulled or restricted the liecence

No excuse now, there's virtually no Tommyfield.

Edited by BP1960

Arn't there a lot of players out of contract too? Not ideal, but shifting the deadwood and getting the playing staff down to a skeleton squad has to be the priority over the summer.

Anyone have a list of who's out of contract at the end of the season?

Everyone is out of contract except for Lee, Jones, Furman, Taylor, Millar, Feeney, Brooke, Bembo-Leta (all contracted to 2012) and Stephens (2013).

That's 14 players out of contract this summer (not including Dickov) and one likely to be sold. There are also six squad players on non-contract or youth terms (Gerrard, Tarkowski, Carr, Winchester, Burns and Crompton) who could walk.

Not stirring it but got to ask what the trusts thoughts are on all this ?

Are they doing anything to prepare for admin if it happens ? Personaly dont think bucket collections ledgends games etc will be enough this time to save us as there aint the goodwill/feelgood factor of the play off near miss as in 2003 can see us doing a stockport .