Less TV money

I don't think we've got any players who have contracts that run in to the new deal.

So Latics should be able to adjust more easily to it than others.

As Leeslover suggests, the impact won't be felt by the fans. Players will simply earn less.

As Leeslover suggests, the impact won't be felt by the fans. Players will simply earn less.

Leeslover's correct but I'm not sure it quite works both ways.

The way I see it a consequence will be yet more leverage to the bigger Football League clubs as this represents a much smaller fraction of their revenue. The effect is that there will be yet more players making financially driven decisions to make up squads for Championship clubs (and League 1 giants) who would have otherwise been playing first team football at the likes of Oldham, Tranmere and Swindon. These clubs will have to move yet further down the line toward players who aren't wanted by the bigger squads and it will be these players only who will be compromised into a lower wage than the players they replace were earning.

The figures involved probably aren't enough to really tell, but it can only exasperate the problem/scenario to some subtle degree.