According to sky sports Sunderland will not offer mvoto a new deal at the end of the season. Now let's put that player share fund to some good use.

He was on Eight grand a week there apparently.

But still, if we can knock him down to 50p and a pack of ready Salted crisps (and a Meat N Potato pie if he keeps a clean sheet!) then it's excellent news for Latics.

If I'd already banked half a mil in my early twenties I'd be more than happy to take a few hundred quid a week for a couple of years if it meant playing regular football.

But still, if we can knock him down to 50p and a pack of ready Salted crisps (and a Meat N Potato pie if he keeps a clean sheet!) then it's excellent news for Latics.

I heard he was on £2k a week at sunderland.

£8k sounds a lot for a reserve even at premier level ??????

M'voto will be 23 this year so clearly isn't seen as having the potential to develop for Sunderland.

Tounkara will be 21 so I'd guess they'll keep him (or farm him out on loan) for one more season to see if he develops further.

Tounkara

'French striker Oumare Tounkara joined the club on trial at the beginning of the 2009-10 season before signing a contract until summer 2011.'

Interesting

But i'll be surprised if Sunderland have any real interest in keeping him. And even if they give him a contract he is clearly nowhere near ready for their first team. If Dickov wants him for next season, i'm sure he'll get him. Either permanently or on loan.

Edited by PhilStarbucksSilkySkills

Trotman

Mvoto

Evina

Morais

Reid

If by some miracle we can get those 5 I'd fancy our chances to stave off relegation once more next season. Who is in contract?

Feeney (I'd be surprised if we don't strike some sort of deal and get rid)

Jones

Lee

The Furmanator

Hazell

Alice?

Stephens (most likely gone)

And we need to get Smalley back too, although he's probably too much like Reid. It might be one or the other.

Not fussed about Tounkara, if we can get him on chicken feed then I'd like him as a squad player.

Edited by PlayItLivo

And we need to get Smalley back too, although he's probably too much like Reid. It might be one or the other.

I'd take Reid. He needs to improve but Smalley's record of 11 goals in 119 games (caveat: some on the wing, many as a sub) doesn't inspire me to believe he can cut it at this level.

Trotman

Mvoto

Evina

Morais

Reid

If by some miracle we can get those 5 I'd fancy our chances to stave off relegation once more next season. Who is in contract?

Feeney (I'd be surprised if we don't strike some sort of deal and get rid)

Jones

Lee

The Furmanator

Hazell

Alice?

Stephens (most likely gone)

Not fussed about Tounkara, if we can get him on chicken feed then I'd like him as a squad player.

Hazell out of contract, so is Alice.

Brooke, DJ Bembo, Millar also under contract for another season (not to sure on Millar though..)think there's another but not sure..

I'd like us to try get Owain Fon Williams in the summer if possible, as i doubt Brill will get a new contract/accept a new contract as he's reportedly one of the higher earners at the club and if new terms offered prepared to bet it would be lower than he's on now..

Morais and Reid we'll be able to keep.. Maybe same with Evina.. If M'voto is actually earning £8k a week at Sunderland (or anywhere near that!!) its easily possible to see some difficulties in any contract talks..

I just can't see him being on £8k a week.

Wasn't Luke Steele on that at WBA when they were in Division 2 (and them and Barnsley were having it off about who pays his wages), and he was their third keeper?

Signed from PSG, I think it is wholly conceivable that he is on that. You aren't going to move countries for peanuts. What he can get now is a different matter, as he's worth no where near that, and more along the lines of what teams at our level can pay. Whether we'll be funding wages at that level remains to be seen. I'd suspect most of next years team to be made up of current under contract squad members, kids and anyone we can scramble on loan for 9/10's of F-all.

To be fair he was talking about Tounkara, are you sure you would have Tounkare back like a shot?

Theres other players I'd rather use that wage.

I wonder how much of an impact Tounkara going back will affect Mvoto's decision to stay or not. At the end of the day he will need a club though.