Tactically inept.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, so much for giving youth a chance, M'voto upfront , what the f..ck was all that about today.

The tactical stupidity from the manager was an embarassment, what the hell is going on???????

:lol: those two words are back.

Tell me what he should have done gaffer.

The manager changed the wingers round. He switched to a 3-4-3. He had options on the bench who have looked equally inept.

To be honest, first half I thought Reid was a major threat. Second half he was wrecked. Tonk was just :censored:e. The introduction of Alessandra was 20 minutes later than it should have been, and I'll assume Feeney gets a large appearance fee if he gets a game, hence never being used. But has he really shown anything all season that justifies bringing him on as a potential match winner?

Tactically inept? We threw players forwards, fizzed in some crosses, hit the post, headed a couple straight at the keeper and went for it. What is the tactical solution you'd have used?

Edited by opinions4u

The manager changed the wingers round. He switched to a 3-4-3. He had options on the bench who have looked equally inept.

To be honest, first half I thought Reid was a major threat. Second half he was wrecked. Tonk was just :censored:e. The introduction of Alessandra was 20 minutes later than it should have been, and I'll assume Feeney gets a large appearance fee if he gets a game, hence never being used. But has he really shown anything all season that justifies bringing him on as a potential match winner?

Tactically inept? We threw players forwards, fizzed in some crosses, hit the post, headed a couple straight at the keeper and went for it. What is the tactical solution you'd have used?

[/quote

I dont really care pal, but shoving M;voto upfront isnt the answer, if you think so then fair do's....

M'Voto has done well in the past when pushed upfront and playing against 10 men why do you need 4 players at the back? Charlton weren't attacking much, throw the big man up there.

Just because it didn't work doesn't mean it's inept.

None of the strikers are firing. We need new strikers, not something we can do right now.

So you slate the manager for his tactical decisions, but don't offer an alternative?

Great!

What dont u get , i havent slated the manager but I have a problem with a loanee centre half being shoved upfront when we have strikers on the bench.

I aint paying anymore to see that :censored:e, you can please yourself though.

What dont u get , i havent slated the manager but I have a problem with a loanee centre half being shoved upfront when we have strikers on the bench.

Tactically inept.

Yep, so much for giving youth a chance, M'voto upfront , what the f..ck was all that about today.

The tactical stupidity from the manager was an embarassment, what the hell is going on???????

Did you see any of last season?

Now ALL of that was tactically inept.

Dickov is an inexperienced manager of a club who are skint, yet today we more than matched a team who get crowds 5 times bigger than ours and blast our resources out of the water.

We're going through a rough period on the pitch, but it's still infinitely better than anything than last year and the signs are there that we'll get better.

Did you see any of last season?

Now ALL of that was tactically inept.

Dickov is an inexperienced manager of a club who are skint, yet today we more than matched a team who get crowds 5 times bigger than ours and blast our resources out of the water.

We're going through a rough period on the pitch, but it's still infinitely better than anything than last year and the signs are there that we'll get better.

this inexperienced manager malarky doesnt wash with me, a 3 year old could have seen we needed another striker on the pitch today

I dont really care pal, but shoving M;voto upfront isnt the answer, if you think so then fair do's....

So a person on the board points out all the changes made and you don't even give a sh*t, would not give you a day as Latics manager, nevermind a season like Dickov's had.

Dickov is the man to take us forward, i still believe that. Next season I think we're going to be a real force in League 1 and will be pushing for the play-offs again, if not then you could argue Dickov has had his time and has not proven any real managerial ability. I for one am really looking forward to next season, providing we don't go under in the summer!

What dont u get , i havent slated the manager

I misunderstood your phrase "The tactical stupidity from the manager was an embarassment". I apologise. You clearly didn't slate him.

but I have a problem with a loanee centre half being shoved upfront when we have strikers on the bench.

The loanee centre half has scored a winning goal in the 92nd minute of a game. The options on the bench haven't.

It's your call. Last week's game at Notts County was :censored:e, truly poor example of lower league football, but we won. Today's game saw Latics have 15 efforts on goal compared to 4 from the opposition. We hit the woodwork (maybe twice?). I agree that our strikers are struggling, but I don't see an obvious solution on the bench - perhaps Alessandra / Reid would be a partnership up top that would create more space for Reid. Perhaps anybody other than Tonk is the solution at the moment. Perhaps more games for Reid will get his fitness right, although the season is coming to a close.

I've seen several worse games involving Oldham Athletic. If that's the one that stops you going again then it's your loss.

Its way out there but I may have brought a STRIKER on for a DEFENDER

bollocks to appearance fees winning games and getting crowds back would more than cover appearance fees

It's an option. None of them have the height of M'Voto though, he seemed to have quite a few headed chances. Anyways, we didn't score and we didn't win.

Its way out there but I may have brought a STRIKER on for a DEFENDER

bollocks to appearance fees winning games and getting crowds back would more than cover appearance fees

Its fooking criminal that we go for an age without scoring and we insist on playing two uslesa forwards.

I say USELESS cause today not once did they turn an old and injured centre half, or make an attempt to run in the channels.

So you slate the manager for his tactical decisions, but don't offer an alternative?

Great!

To be fair, he doesn't claim to be drawing a wage in the field of football management or coaching - so asking him to offer an alternative isn't really going to get us anywhere. What we should do is ask him to back up his claims.

We wait.

Its fooking criminal that we go for an age without scoring and we insist on playing two uslesa forwards.

I say USELESS cause today not once did they turn an old and injured centre half, or make an attempt to run in the channels.

Doherty may be old but he can still do a good job at this level!

You call the strikers useless, for Tounkara i will agree, he is simply :censored:e. But for Reid he created good chances and made some good runs, just no end product.

Would like to see Feeney again for the final 5 games so he can show us why he's here!

Edited by Latics_Fanatic

this inexperienced manager malarky doesnt wash with me, a 3 year old could have seen we needed another striker on the pitch today

Agree here at the end of the day, we created chances but didn't finish them, most of the other things we did well, we got the ball into good areas on the pitch, Evina, White & Taylor were allowed to get cross after cross in and win corners, we just had no end product. Now i might be 'living in the past' abit here, but Chris Porter would have finished off loads of them chances!

I misunderstood your phrase "The tactical stupidity from the manager was an embarassment". I apologise. You clearly didn't slate him.

The loanee centre half has scored a winning goal in the 92nd minute of a game. The options on the bench haven't.

It's your call. Last week's game at Notts County was :censored:e, truly poor example of lower league football, but we won. Today's game saw Latics have 15 efforts on goal compared to 4 from the opposition. We hit the woodwork (maybe twice?). I agree that our strikers are struggling, but I don't see an obvious solution on the bench - perhaps Alessandra / Reid would be a partnership up top that would create more space for Reid. Perhaps anybody other than Tonk is the solution at the moment. Perhaps more games for Reid will get his fitness right, although the season is coming to a close.

I've seen several worse games involving Oldham Athletic. If that's the one that stops you going again then it's your loss.

You see everything through rose tinted glasses... my loss, no way mate, everything about the club is rotten and my money is staying in my pocket.

To be fair, he doesn't claim to be drawing a wage in the field of football management or coaching - so asking him to offer an alternative isn't really going to get us anywhere. What we should do is ask him to back up his claims.

We wait.

Perhaps I should have worded it "what should Dickov have done instead?".

I have sympathy with the manager. I think he tried a handful of things that nearly paid dividends - I'm not sure there was a huge amount else he could have done with the options available to him. Where I have less sympathy is that it's his squad, and his inadequate strikers on the pitch and on the bench. Something he needs to sort out in the Summer.

Who? Warren Feeney??

Do me a favour...

Are we forever going to have the recently adopted narrow minded outlook on strikers? Davies, COG, Feeney? Give them a chance and they'll do what they're good at. It's not Feeney's fault we can't score. Feeney isn't that kind of forward, that's not his job - statistics show us that. However he has had success at other clubs. I could substitute the name "Feeney" for a couple of other strikers we've had too...

I hate the phrase 'tactically inept'

It just didn't go our way, sure there were other options that could have been used but putting a big defender upfront isn't a bad option.

If we'd tried to defend more after Charlton went to 10 men then I'd be inclined to agree but we attacked and pushed more upfront.

Nothing wrong with that at all. No ineptness from what I can see.