looks like they'll be joining us next season, I went to their game yesterday (couldn't afford to get to BP) people may think Latics are bad at not scoring, yesterday I don't think I've ever seen a team miss so many sitters in one game in my entire life, although saying that if we defend crosses like we have done this season then they'll probably beat us, I can't wait for us to play them next season

Just saw the highlights and sheff united look worst than us up front, Henderson could of had at least a hat trick !

When they do go down I doubt they will keep the same players.

that miss in the 2nd half has been dubbed as "the miss that confirmed relegation", god knows what would of happened had that been a Latics player

and I've been told something similar that they have to get a load of players off the wage bill, I'm guessing from the cars I've seen some of the players drive (Aston Martin DB9, Audi R8) that some of them players earn a fair bit more than our players

Having both Sheff clubs in the league will raise the profile of league one. I still expect them to be up there pretty sure the extra cash on matchdays see them do a Leeds, Forest or Sheff Weds try cherry pick better players of smaller clubs still get alot of loanees.

Look at how well that has planned out for sheff Wednesday, Leeds spent three years down here same as notts forest.

Correct, but the extra finance, bigger gates, higher wages sadly make it more appeaing to lower league players. Sheff Weds have been down here before so know how hard it is to get out the league. I guess they will look at Norwich as the best example.

QUESTION IS will they stick with Micky Adams who has done well at this level with Brighton before.

Correct, but the extra finance, bigger gates, higher wages sadly make it more appeaing to lower league players.

It'll be interesting to see what the extra finance is. As Lee mentions, there a rumours galore about their debt. They are looking to ditch the hotel complex and their Chinese club. They were in debt to the tune of nearly £50M little over a year ago - and I can't think that has improved.

The good side (for them) is that it is apparently pretty much all owed to the Chairman. Even if he is charging a rather large rate of interest.

It'll be interesting to see what the extra finance is. As Lee mentions, there a rumours galore about their debt. They are looking to ditch the hotel complex and their Chinese club. They were in debt to the tune of nearly £50M little over a year ago - and I can't think that has improved.

The good side (for them) is that it is apparently pretty much

all owed to the Chairman. Even if he is charging a rather large rate of interest.

The only way they could even think of bringing down there debt is to sell off their best players in a bid to reduce it. Whilst doing that they will be left with a team who would not be strong enough for automatic promotion.

I can see them staying down for a while, unlike Preston who I can see going up at the first ask.

There are positives after all then this season, sticking in L1 with hopefully Bury, Sheff Utd, and Preston away as well as a trip to a new stadium at Chesterfield, who knows maybe even Accrington will be joining the party as well

Might lose Rochdale though...

Look at how well that has planned out for sheff Wednesday, Leeds spent three years down here same as notts forest.

yeah I think in recent years this Division has seen more teams with sugar Daddy Chairmen, (just look at the current top 6), whereas I think back in the day crowd sizes would attract the better players

There are positives after all then this season, sticking in L1 with hopefully Bury, Sheff Utd, and Preston away as well as a trip to a new stadium at Chesterfield, who knows maybe even Accrington will be joining the party as well

Every god damn year we have the 'at least XYZ will be im the league...'

Nowt against your post KTF. Just sick of it!!

If Huddersfield, PNE, Sheff Utd and Wednesday all bring 3,500 supporters that works out at £77,000 for a Cat A game each.

That's without Dale and Bury and there miniture armies!

Will they ? with the following they took this season i carnt see it happening, more like 2000.

If Huddersfield, PNE, Sheff Utd and Wednesday all bring 3,500 supporters that works out at £77,000 for a Cat A game each.

That's without Dale and Bury and there miniture armies!

PNE struggle to take 3.5K to Burnley so doubt they will bring that to us but still better followings than we are used to, also i dont think Sheff United following are all that certainly no where near what Wednesdays are (despite their :censored:e turn out here)

I just hope we dont get them all on a Tuesday night like we normally do against the likes of Leeds, Forest and Wednesday

Will they ? with the following they took this season i carnt see it happening, more like 2000.

This season wa a bit of a one off i think. Night match, poor form etc. When you look at what they have bought in previous years its never been less than 3K

They are still averaging 2K plus everywehere else they go in this division

Edited by NIKI1234

This season wa a bit of a one off i think. Night match, poor form etc. When you look at what they have bought in previous years its never been less than 3K

They are still averaging 2K plus everywehere else they go in this division

True, it depends really on when we play them and how they are doing in the league. i remeber yeovil bringing over a 1,000 for the first game of the season back in ronnie moore season. depends really .

It was a night match with two poor teams in poor form.

They actually took more than that to Bournemouth, or so I am told.

I reckon they could easily bring that next Season, if they are on track for POs/Auto's then more.

To be fair, i havnt seen such a poor away following from a "biggish" club ( charlton ) last saturday. i know they dont have anything to play for and playing poor, but compared to what they normally get at home 136 or what ever it was was dreadful !

Charlton are the Wigan of League One.

Wigan once took 66 to Tottenham and 400 to Man City. Proper support...