9 New Scholars

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2342771,00.html

hopefully some good players for the future there !

Also to that Carlton is a very very good player he will be one for the future !

Ah, that’s who he was.......i didn’t know where he had come from; that explains it – thought he might have been another one on trial with us.

He came on at HT for Jack Laird. Big lad for his age if he’s only 16 (is the owner of a massive rear that Gregan would be proud of!) – seemed to be pretty quick; of a stocky build and didn’t seem to lack confidence (had plenty of words with the ref!)

Rather raw though; which I guess is well & truly to be expected. Dux was having to do lots of in-game coaching to him; in terms of his movements – arching his runs to stay on-side; spinning, running the channels etc.

He had one chance where he could have found himself 1 > 1 with their keeper; but a heavy (unnecessary) touch let the CB get back at him.

I thought he was another trialist in his late teens / early twenties – now I know he’s a 16 year old; I’d say he has plenty of time on his hands to work on his game & improve. Could be a prospect in another season with hard work.

The other lad, the young ‘Keeper didn’t get on – but didn’t look the biggest to be fair (though Gary Kelly wasn’t a big ‘Keeper was he; and it didn’t stop him)

Welcome onboard lads; he’s hoping we’ve a few gems in the bunch.

Ah, that’s who he was.......i didn’t know where he had come from; that explains it – thought he might have been another one on trial with us.

He came on at HT for Jack Laird. Big lad for his age if he’s only 16 (is the owner of a massive rear that Gregan would be proud of!) – seemed to be pretty quick; of a stocky build and didn’t seem to lack confidence (had plenty of words with the ref!)

Rather raw though; which I guess is well & truly to be expected. Dux was having to do lots of in-game coaching to him; in terms of his movements – arching his runs to stay on-side; spinning, running the channels etc.

He had one chance where he could have found himself 1 > 1 with their keeper; but a heavy (unnecessary) touch let the CB get back at him.

I thought he was another trialist in his late teens / early twenties – now I know he’s a 16 year old; I’d say he has plenty of time on his hands to work on his game & improve. Could be a prospect in another season with hard work.

The other lad, the young ‘Keeper didn’t get on – but didn’t look the biggest to be fair (though Gary Kelly wasn’t a big ‘Keeper was he; and it didn’t stop him)

Welcome onboard lads; he’s hoping we’ve a few gems in the bunch.

Yeah that would of been him, like i said in previous post when he was young he was a very big lad and looked alot older than his friends. but very strong, he has lost alot of weight. he is a raw talent, he will do well under us playing full time.

Remember seeing that Carlton lad score plenty of goals for Boundary Park Juniors. Looked a very good player decent finished good holder of the ball and showed no fear when running at the opposistion. However this was at Under 13 level and they ran away with the league more or less.

Remember seeing that Carlton lad score plenty of goals for Boundary Park Juniors. Looked a very good player decent finished good holder of the ball and showed no fear when running at the opposistion. However this was at Under 13 level and they ran away with the league more or less.

If he is the lad I think he is, there was certainly a certain quality about him 4 years ago.

I used to be a half decent goalie in my day and this kid had a remarkable ability for leaving me on the deck as he took the ball round me and stuck in the net.

I can't remember the last time a Latics player took the ball round the keeper. If Keigan Parker had been any good at the art we'd have gone up last season!