Last 16 games

Last 16 games;

Won 1

Drawn 6

Lost 9

Goals for 6

Goals against 20

Is that the worst run in living memory ?

We'll be favourites for relegation next season on the back of that run. What has Dickov done to change our fortunes? Apart from playing a loanee who hasn't scored in his last 19 games. As I've said before we did very well until the end of January, the tide turned and he hasn't a clue how to change it. Thank God we did do so well as we'd already be down otherwise. As I say, MASSIVE summer coming up, if we go with a squad top heavy with kids, and loanee kids with very little experience I expect more of the same. Said at the time the decision to let Gregan leave would come back and bite us on the arse, the team is rudderless and has no leader ala Dux, Gregan or Garnett.

If you look at our form since the enforced break, it's 5 wins in 25

P25 W5 D8 L12 F22 A36 Pts 23/75 CS 7 FTS 13

DP was disgracefully personally abused and hounded out for for less - Also in his 1st season. Rightly or wrongly.

His first season with us, but not his first season in management with no prior coaching experience. Bit different. And he got so much stick as much for the 'couldn't give a monkeys' attitude and claiming we'd played well when we'd played like crap as for how we were actually playing. No-one could accuse Dickov of not caring, and when we've played badly he's said it's unacceptable.

It's been an awful few months but hopefully he'll learn from it. Big season for him next season.

We'll be favourites for relegation next season on the back of that run. What has Dickov done to change our fortunes? Apart from playing a loanee who hasn't scored in his last 19 games. As I've said before we did very well until the end of January, the tide turned and he hasn't a clue how to change it. Thank God we did do so well as we'd already be down otherwise. As I say, MASSIVE summer coming up, if we go with a squad top heavy with kids, and loanee kids with very little experience I expect more of the same. Said at the time the decision to let Gregan leave would come back and bite us on the arse, the team is rudderless and has no leader ala Dux, Gregan or Garnett.

If you look at our form since the enforced break, it's 5 wins in 25

P25 W5 D8 L12 F22 A36 Pts 23/75 CS 7 FTS 13

Dickov keeps saying "If they listen to us and believe we are telling them to do the right things we will be ok". Either they are not listening which is every managers excuse, or they are being told the wrong things. Feeney and Reid got a roasting at half time earlier in the season for playing as strikers and not helping out in midfield. Dickov said the the midfield were being overrun. Perhaps we should have strikers playing as strikers not doubling up as midfield players. Cureton and Hughes do a lot of work off the ball, but are always playing as strkers looking to score. When Taylor and Morais play in the same team, it's difficult to see which of them is in midfield and which is the strker. Perhaps at home when players are playing to defend and leaving one up front for the big hoof, why not play 3 5 2. We don't need 4 defenders to mark 1 striker.

Who am I to put this view forward. I have no coaching badges or played the game at any level other than school, but something has to change.

Dickov keeps saying "If they listen to us and believe we are telling them to do the right things we will be ok". Either they are not listening which is every managers excuse, or they are being told the wrong things. Feeney and Reid got a roasting at half time earlier in the season for playing as strikers and not helping out in midfield. Dickov said the the midfield were being overrun. Perhaps we should have strikers playing as strikers not doubling up as midfield players. Cureton and Hughes do a lot of work off the ball, but are always playing as strkers looking to score. When Taylor and Morais play in the same team, it's difficult to see which of them is in midfield and which is the strker. Perhaps at home when players are playing to defend and leaving one up front for the big hoof, why not play 3 5 2. We don't need 4 defenders to mark 1 striker.

Who am I to put this view forward. I have no coaching badges or played the game at any level other than school, but something has to change.

Your opinion is quite valid, football is a simple game and all the coaching qualifications in the world amount to nothing if the manager isn't getting results.

What PD needs to do is weed out those who won't or can't follow his philosophy and then recruit players who will.

I expect a massive clear out soon, possibly the biggest ever seen at the club.

It's got to be surely and to think in the game prior to this slump we scored 4 goals!!!!

And we were only 3 points off automatic promotion place with a game in hand !!!!

Just hope PD has learnt some lessons for next season like Shez has done from his time here and used them well at Chesterfield.

Kids / loanees only get you through half a season , when the going gets tough after January you need a few seasoned pro's.

DP was disgracefully personally abused and hounded out for for less - Also in his 1st season. Rightly or wrongly.

DP was experienced and has been around for a fair few years. PD on the other hand has not been. where did we finish in royal's first season ? Keeping the faith with the manager pays off in the end. sadly something we carnt seem to do.

DP was experienced and has been around for a fair few years. PD on the other hand has not been. where did we finish in royal's first season ? Keeping the faith with the manager pays off in the end. sadly something we carnt seem to do.

7th with Frizzell's team

The season after he narrowly avoided relegation and the two season's after that they went on horrendous runs not too dissimilar to what we have seen this year.

And Lee :ranting: , It's Royle, the most successful manager in the club's history and a God to most, please spell his name corretly….Ta! :grin:

Edited by oafcprozac

7th with Frizzell's team

The season after he narrowly avoided relegation and the two season's after that they went on horrendous runs not too dissimilar to what we have seen this year.

And Lee :ranting: , It's Royle, the most successful manager in the club's history and a God to most, please spell his name corretly….Ta! :grin:

I ment with his own team.

:lol: sorry i spelt royal in correct ill spell it correctly next time :grin:

I ment with his own team.

:lol: sorry i spelt royal in correct ill spell it correctly next time :grin:

First year with his own team 83-84 season I think he finished 20th and narrowly avoided the drop. The year after we played Leeds at Elland Road, 0-0 at HT, we lost 6-0, all the goalscorers went on to play for us - Stitch 3, Linighan, Shez and Wright!

I agree a manager needs time to build a team, the trouble is PD will have to dismantle most of what he has been trying to create and start all over again.

Overall, the team has been far too lightweight this season and I think that's a lesson he will have learned for the future.

Only conceded 20 goals in 16, and Posh got many of those! There is something to build on there, and I'd keep Hazell!

I'd keep Hazell as well, solid player at this level. Certainly not an awful player. Lots of experience as well. That conceeded figure isn't too bad really considering the lack of goals at the other end.

so in hindsight... we should have kept him?

i think dickov will just want this season to end really and plan for next season which was probably what penney was doing. i think with penney, corney has leanrt that he needs to stick with dickov and actually give him a chance.

i think dickov CAN be a really good manager for us and maybe this run will make sure no other clubs come in for him and he can build his own team but he's going to have to prove himself for more than august - january

What a load of :censored:ing :censored:e. Penney gets the treatment (and rightly so) and Dickov don't. What the :censored:.

Simple like it has Ben mentioned millions times on here penny is experienced and has had plenty of seasons in management this is dickovs first.

Spot on Prozac.

I expect a massive clear out soon, possibly the biggest ever seen at the club.

We have a clear out every season. That's why we make no progress. This young team has potential, no need for a clear out, just get rid of the passengers and dead weight and bring in a few more.

We have a clear out every season. That's why we make no progress. This young team has potential, no need for a clear out, just get rid of the passengers and dead weight and bring in a few more.

For first time ever I actually agree with you . Keep this team together then we could be onto something here