40 day football challenge..

Here Goes :-

Day 01 - Your favourite match Latics v Forest 5-0 at home, special game that

Day 02 - Your least favourite match Blackpool in the play-offs away

Day 03 - A match that makes you happy Blackpool at home 2001, my first game!

Day 04 - A match that makes you sad Losing to QPR away in the play-off's

Day 05 - A match that reminds you of someone Peterborough at home '09? Singing to this woman who was dressed in Green

Day 06 - A match that reminds you of somewhere Somewhere? Accrington will be pretty special to me when we beat them in '07?

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain match Great Escape, Huddersfield away

Day 08 - A player who scored your favourite ever goal. David Eyres vs Cardiff '02 - For the fact it was a last minute vital goal on Sky!

Day 09 - A player who made the biggest ever howler Calvin Zola v Chesterfield, headed to the ground from two yards out and yet it went over the bar?

Day 10 - A match that made you (almost) fall asleep Quite a few from penneys season...

Day 11 - A player from your favourite team Keiran Lee

Day 12 - A player from your least favourite team Robert Snodgrass

Day 13 - A team that is a guilty pleasure Rochdale, when they were in League 2, liked to see them do well then!

Day 14 - A team that no one would expect you to love Burton Albion

Day 15 - A player that inspires you Has inspired me, Paul Murray, never say die spirit

Day 16 - A player that you used to love but now hate Chris Porter

Day 17 - A player your team are constantly linked to Paul Scholes

Day 18 - A player you wished your club had signed Luke Beckett on perm

Day 19 - A favourite football song Sadly, Marching on together is a good song

Day 20 - A player you'd love to punch when you’re angry Marlon King

Day 21 - Your favourite player before your lifetime Roger Palmer

Day 22 - A game you'd love to play in Manchester Derby

Day 23 - A manager you want as your best man at your wedding Ian Holloway

Day 24 - A manager that you want to speak at your funeral Iain Dowie

Day 25 - A player/manager that makes you laugh Holloway again

Day 26 - Your favorite football ground BP.. failing that The Galpharm

Day 27 - A player you wish you could be Its easy to say Messi or someone like that.. but, i'd love to be Keiran Lee, great career ahead

Day 28 - A player that you look at and wonder how they made it Warren Feeney

Day 29 - A player from your childhood David Eyres

Day 30 - The best away day of your life Rochdale Away, 8 minute abandonment

Day 31 - Your favourite shirt 2002/2003 Burgundy Away Shirt

Day 31 - A player you would take to war with to watch your back Jean-Yves M'Voto

Day 32 - Most bizarre sporting moment you have ever seen The Ghost Goal - Watford vs Reading

Day 33 - Who is the biggest flop to have ever played for your club Warren Feeney?

Day 34 - What team has the best fans Anyone thats up there has good support normally

Day 35 - Who's the worst manager you have had at your club In my time - Dave Penney

Day 36 - Your favourite goalkeeper Les Pogliacomi

Day 37 - Your favourite super sub Not sure on this one

Day 38 - Who's got the worst football hooligans Leeds?

Day 39 - The worst injury to a player you have seen Jimmy Bullard v Newcastle

Day 40 - Who's your most badly behaved player of all time Darren Sheridan was bad at times!

Haha not too bad, tried doing most in relation to Latics where possible. Have a go....

It'll be the same as yours pretty much because i've supported us for the same amount of time really but...

Day 01 - Your favourite match There are a few, but Leeds away in '08 on New Years Day was great

Day 02 - Your least favourite match Walsall at home a few years ago, we lost 2-0, played awfully, and it was absolutely pissing it down

Day 03 - A match that makes you happy Everton away, got to be

Day 04 - A match that makes you sad Again, there are a few, but Huddersfield away when we lost 3-2 after being 2 up wasnt great for me

Day 05 - A match that reminds you of someone Can't think of many but the Rochdale League Cup game for Ernie was one

Day 06 - A match that reminds you of somewhere Walsall away, we won 1-0 and we found a greasy spoon an hour before kick off for lunch after driving through walsall for ages...

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain match Great Escape, Huddersfield away, didnt bother ammending that

Day 08 - A player who scored your favourite ever goal. Reuben Hazell away at Leeds

Day 09 - A player who made the biggest ever howler Everytime Keigan Parker went through on goal

Day 10 - A match that made you (almost) fall asleep Too many

Day 11 - A player from your favourite team Eyresey

Day 12 - A player from your least favourite team Beckford

Day 13 - A team that is a guilty pleasure I like to see Dale do well

Day 14 - A team that no one would expect you to love Spurs, not sure why

Day 15 - A player that inspires you Paul Warne for chasing down balls he was never going to get

Day 16 - A player that you used to love but now hate Hughes, don't hate him, but i dont really like him anymore

Day 17 - A player your team are constantly linked to Always used to be Ian Moore

Day 18 - A player you wished your club had signed that Messi fella would have been a decent signing

Day 19 - A favourite football song Skinner and Baddeil, Three Lions

Day 20 - A player you'd love to punch when you’re angry Joey Barton

Day 21 - Your favourite player before your lifetime Andy Ritchie

Day 22 - A game you'd love to play in North London Derby

Day 23 - A manager you want as your best man at your wedding Ian Holloway

Day 24 - A manager that you want to speak at your funeral Wenger always looks sad, so he'd fit in

Day 25 - A player/manager that makes you laugh Ian Holloway

Day 26 - Your favorite football ground The Galpharm is the best i've been to, but i like White Hart Lane from the tv

Day 27 - A player you wish you could be Gary Jones has been a great player for Dale

Day 28 - A player that you look at and wonder how they made it Keigan Parker

Day 30 - The best away day of your life Combination of the Leeds and Everton wins in 08 within 5 days

Day 31 - Your favourite shirt First shirt with Horners on the front and signed by eyres on the back

Day 31 - A player you would take to war with to watch your back Gregan!

Day 32 - Most bizarre sporting moment you have ever seen Think we won a game once...

Day 33 - Who is the biggest flop to have ever played for your club Colbeck is one that stands out in my latics years

Day 34 - What team has the best fans Leeds always came and made a noise

Day 35 - Who's the worst manager you have had at your club Dave Penney, closely followed by Talbot

Day 36 - Your favourite goalkeeper Pogliacomi for latics

Day 37 - Your favourite super sub Have we ever had a super-sub?

Day 38 - Who's got the worst football hooligans well it's not us... Milwall have a bad reputation

Day 39 - The worst injury to a player you have seen Alan Smith when United played Liverpool

Day 40 - Who's your most badly behaved player of all time Can't remember many to be honest...

Haha not too bad, tried doing most in relation to Latics where possible. Have a go....

Here Goes :-

Day 01 - Your favourite match Oldham Athletic 1-0 Manchester City

Day 02 - Your least favourite match Blackpool play offs

Day 03 - A match that makes you happy Nottingham Forest 5-0 win

Day 04 - A match that makes you sad That game against that team(you know the one)

Day 05 - A match that reminds you of someone Everton FA Cup

Day 06 - A match that reminds you of somewhere Can't really answer this

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain match Blue & Tangerine, Everton

Day 08 - A player who scored your favourite ever goal. Scott Vernon, City FA Cup

Day 09 - A player who made the biggest ever howler Nothing comes to mind

Day 10 - A match that made you (almost) fall asleep Tranmere home this season

Day 11 - A player from your favourite team Dean Furman

Day 12 - A player from your least favourite team Jermaine Beckford

Day 13 - A team that is a guilty pleasure Liverpool

Day 14 - A team that no one would expect you to love Liverpool

Day 15 - A player that inspires you David Eyres

Day 16 - A player that you used to love but now hate Chris Porter

Day 18 - A player you wished your club had signed Gary Hooper

Day 19 - A favourite football song Just can't get enough, Celtic

Day 20 - A player you'd love to punch when you’re angry Marlon King

Day 21 - Your favourite player before your lifetime Neil Redfern

Day 22 - A game you'd love to play in Old Firm

Day 23 - A manager you want as your best man at your wedding None

Day 24 - A manager that you want to speak at your funeral Joe Royal

Day 25 - A player/manager that makes you laugh Holloway

Day 26 - Your favorite football ground Celtic Park

Day 27 - A player you wish you could be Dean Furman

Day 30 - The best away day of your life Everton away

Day 31 - Your favourite shirt Tangerine away

Day 31 - A player you would take to war with to watch your back Sean Gregan

Day 32 - Most bizarre sporting moment you have ever seen The Ghost Goal - Watford vs Reading

Day 33 - Who is the biggest flop to have ever played for your club Warren Feeney?

Day 34 - What team has the best fans Accrington have great fans

Day 35 - Who's the worst manager you have had at your club Dave Penney

Day 37 - Your favourite super sub ?

Day 38 - Who's got the worst football hooligans Pointless and barely football related

Day 39 - The worst injury to a player you have seen Eduardo

Day 40 - Who's your most badly behaved player of all time Not sure

Most of them are recent as I have the memory of a goldfish!

Edited by dec666

Day 01 - Your favourite match

in the play-offs that season was also an exceptional day - the weather, the late equaliser for County (followed by pitch invastion), the overcoming adversity of a truly inept referee and over-phyiscal opposition. I certainly wouldn't have considered Paul Lambert as the manager who would be on the verge of the Premiership and Gannon on the verge of being sectioned after that!

Day 02 - Your least favourite match Most of last season's home games.

Day 03 - A match that makes you happy Brentford 1-3 Latics this season showed the true potential of this team.

because for an hour Latics were awful but Hughes, Alessandra and Whitaker changed it all and the winner was sublime

Day 04 - A match that makes you sad I've spent a lot of hours at Edgeley Park over the years. Stockport's last game of this season will be very sad.

Day 05 - A match that reminds you of someone Tranmere 1-2 Latics ... first match I took my son to, he fell asleep 2nd half and Pogs saved a penalty.

Day 06 - A match that reminds you of somewhere Weird question. I suppose Derby 1-2 Latics reminded me of the Baseball Ground disappearing.

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain match Meatloaf, I Would Do Anything For Love - mate played it all the way back from Goodison Park in 1996 (

- link is for the replay, not the 2-2 draw)

Day 08 - A player who scored your favourite ever goal. Furman v Notts County. I said at the time I don't think I've seen anything better in 30 years

Day 09 - A player who made the biggest ever howler Keigan Parker ... all strikers miss the occasional 1 on 1 ... but not a dozen in half a season!

Day 10 - A match that made you (almost) fall asleep Last season. Experienced professionals failing to deliver on the instructions of a failure of a manager

Day 11 - A player from your favourite team

becuase he really wants it. Dean Furman for this season though, he's been a class above.

Day 12 - A player from your least favourite team Chelsea and Man City I suppose, because they've bought what they've got with outside help that is obscene, but I wouldn't single out any player

Day 13 - A team that is a guilty pleasure Stockport, although I've desserted them completely in their hour of need.

Day 14 - A team that no one would expect you to love <whispers> Man Utd. I used to love going to Old Trafford, even though I'm by no means a Utd fan

Day 15 - A player that inspires you

. The two Champions League assists v Chelsea are just superb.

Day 16 - A player that you used to love but now hate Nearly said Tonk, but that would be harsh. I don't really hate anyone.

Day 17 - A player your team are constantly linked to

Day 18 - A player you wished your club had signed Hughes when his contract was up - disregarding off the pitch issues of course

Day 19 - A favourite football song I've spent too long at BP to remember what a football song is

Day 20 - A player you'd love to punch when you’re angry John Macken currently, but he'll be forgotten in a few days

Day 21 - Your favourite player before your lifetime Pele

Day 22 - A game you'd love to play in I'd settle for any pub game these days!

Day 23 - A manager you want as your best man at your wedding Why would I want to get married again?

Day 24 - A manager that you want to speak at your funeral Nobody.

Day 25 - A player/manager that makes you laugh Holloway, yet at the other end of the spectrum I don't find Strachan remotely amusing

Day 26 - Your favorite football ground That I've been to? Old Trafford.

Day 27 - A player you wish you could be Giggs, just going on forever

Day 28 - A player that you look at and wonder how they made it

- I assume he had it, I wonder more about where it went.

Day 29 - A player from your childhood I seem to remember Ritchie scoring a hat-trick for Utd at Old Trafford, but

scored the first goal I ever saw for Liverpool v Bury - a brace in fact after coming on as sub!

Day 30 - The best away day of your life Everton

Day 31 - Your favourite shirt I don't really do shirts, but the pink one had a purpose and I enjoyed the minute that Latics were in the lead with it

Day 31 - A player you would take to war with to watch your back Gregan

Day 32 - Most bizarre sporting moment you have ever seen Shane Warne v Gatting at Old Trafford 1993 ... Even from where I was sat you could tell it was extraordinary. I've never noticed Dickie Bird's face before today either ... priceless!

Day 33 - Who is the biggest flop to have ever played for your club Parker's up there in recent memory. There must be others though.

Day 34 - What team has the best fans This season I'd credit Plymouth. The season Stockport got out of the old 4th division their fans were exceptional. Latics fans at Huddersfiled one season were great, but I think it's rare.

Day 35 - Who's the worst manager you have had at your club In my time - Dave Penney

Day 37 - Your favourite super sub

Day 38 - Who's got the worst football hooligans Millwall

Day 39 - The worst injury to a player you have seen On telly when watching live, Eduardo and Smith. Jimmy Case did Geoff Nulty in a Merseyside derby many years ago which ended Nulty's career. The loudest leg break I've ever heard was Tommy Sword in 1981 Stockport v Mossley FA Cup tie ... could be heard 100 yards away.

Day 40 - Who's your most badly behaved player of all time Roy Keane in some ways. Lee Hughes pushed it a bit when reacting to stick. Struggling to think at the moment.

Edited by opinions4u

The worst injury to a player you have seen

Harwoods ankle injury away at Bolton Lads Club, 4 minutes after him coming on as a late 2nd half substitute, was just sickening...... :stretcher:

(Of course all of you who know the aforementioned player, will know that the injury could merely have been a hairline fracture of the toe nail)

From a professional players' POV - probably the shocking Vinny Jones tackle on Gary Stevens

As this was done by a tackle rather than a 'freak' injury.

Edited by futchers briefs

Day 01 - Your favourite match Oldham 1 Manchester United 0 goes down as the most special god bless you Neil AdamsDay 02 - Your least favourite match Man U 4 - Latics 1 The only chance of us getting to an FA cup final gone and a rot set in place. We were ripped apart that game aswell with the pace on the counter attack of Giggs and Kanchelskis

Day 03 - A match that makes you happy Latics 1 City 0 FA cup 2005

Day 04 - A match that makes you sad Getting beat 2 - 0 at Home to Tottenham May 94 as good as sealed our fate to relegation

Day 05 - A match that reminds you of someone Don't think their is one really playing Tranmere will always remind me of Ronnie Moore and Millwall will always remind me of Lee Hughes

Day 06 - A match that reminds you of somewhere More often than not its the pubs before the game although I can never remember the names of them.

Day 07 - A song that reminds you of a certain match Great Escape, Huddersfield away

Day 08 - A player who scored your favourite ever goal. Ian Marshalls pile driver that made it 4-3 against Notts County in 1992

Day 09 - A player who made the biggest ever howler Kelvin Lomax pinging one into the top corner of his own net against Hartlepool in 2009 and Kevin Francis for Birmingham city in 1995 beautifully picked out the bottom corner of his own net.Day 10 - A match that made you (almost) fall asleep Tranmere at home last season 0-0 was the worst of my 21 years following the club.

Day 11 - A player from your favourite team Dean Furman rightly player of the season this year

Day 12 - A player from your least favourite team Paul Scholes

Day 13 - A team that is a guilty pleasure Bolton Wanderers

Day 14 - A team that no one would expect you to love always have a soft spot for everton a proper football club and one of the less obnoxious of the premier league sides

Day 15 - A player that inspires you Eyresies ability to go on playing into his 40's was fantatstic

Day 16 - A player that you used to love but now hate Lee Hughes would not have him back at all to much hassle

Day 18 - A player you wished your club had signed Sammi Hyppia was on trial with us in 1996 and we didn't take up the option to sign him a masterstroke from Graeme Sharp

Day 19 - A favourite football song Not a chant as such but the Poznan that Man city fans do looks a hell of alot of fun

Day 20 - A player you'd love to punch when youre angry Ashley Cole who wouldn't want to :censored: that obnoxious :censored:

Day 21 - Your favourite player before your lifetime Johan Cruyff was cool For Latics would love to have watched Alan Grove play for similar reasons

Day 22 - A game you'd love to play in El Classico

Day 23 - A manager you want as your best man at your wedding Joe Royle great charisma

Day 24 - A manager that you want to speak at your funeral Joe Royle

Day 25 - A player/manager that makes you laugh Ian Holloway

Day 26 - Your favorite football ground BP but I like Leyton Orient Notts County and Charlton for away trips

Day 27 - A player you wish you could be Andreas Iniesta can completely control a game and has done it all

Day 29 - A player from your childhood The great Andrew Timothy Ritchie :imnotworthy:

Day 30 - The best away day of your life Everton away was special

Day 31 - Your favourite shirt [b Home kit 200-02 with the blue stripe down the middle gave us a a feeling of uniqueness[/b]

Day 31 - A player you would take to war with to watch your back Sean Gregan

Day 32 - Most bizarre sporting moment you have ever seen That random streaker at Huddersfield in 2007 who started doing Russian dancing in front of us

Day 33 - Who is the biggest flop to have ever played for your club Theirs been a few but for value for money £500k for Neil Macdonald stands out

Day 34 - What team has the best fans Plymouth fans are great considering the distances they have to travel

Day 35 - Who's the worst manager you have had at your club Graeme Sharp closely followed by Dave Penney

Day 37 - Your favourite super sub weve never really had one

Day 38 - Who's got the worst football hooligans Millwalls pwoper naughty boyz

Day 39 - The worst injury to a player you have seen David Bust at Old trafford was particularly bad

Day 40 - Who's your most badly behaved player of all time Darren Sheridans ability to get sent off in every competition in one season stands out

Edited by GlossopLatic

The worst injury to a player you have seen

Harwoods ankle injury away at Bolton Lads Club, 4 minutes after him coming on as a late 2nd half substitute, was just sickening...... :stretcher:

(Of course all of you who know the aforementioned player, will know that the injury could merely have been a hairline fracture of the toe nail)

From a professional players' POV - probably the shocking Vinny Jones tackle on Gary Stevens

As this was done by a tackle rather than a 'freak' injury.

That was a devastating moment in my career as it was my first game back from two months out!

Think i might do this one as facebook. But in terms of injury, none of you had to witness the horror of me attempting to deal with a call over my head by, rather oddly, trying to catch it with an overhead in 1998. Half the viewers were stunned into horror for fear i had broken my neck or back and the rest were contorted in uncontrollable laughter.