I think his two goals yesterday demonstrate exactly why he's worth playing on the left side of our midfield. Clearly his best position.

Little hope of a left footed league one player being able to cut inside and unleash shots like that.

that's hardly been a hallmark of his game. I'd say yesterday was an anomaly.

Disagree - when he plays wide left then he does cut inside - the shooting will only get better (and will be used more) - this season he has been played through the centre and also on the right - keep hold of the guy and keep him as captain - we have a star in the side.

I wish I had Ginger hair too.

that's hardly been a hallmark of his game. I'd say yesterday was an anomaly.

Correct, however, we only had three shots at goal in the 90mins and they were two of them......Taylor and Stephens have 40% of our goals between them, if they both leave at the end of the season who's going to score the goals to keep us up!!!

His best football this season has come when playing in the centre behind the front men. Don't remember too many good games he's had from the left this season but a couple of great hits and that is clouded. Not taking anything away from him but this was against rock bottom and against the better teams in the division he has been found out when he plays ont the left.

But I think rather than his position he is confidence/ form player and we need him flowing with confidence next year

In the rarely-read Swindon Advertiser, Paul Bodin, Swindon's caretaker boss, said:

“The difference was Chrissy Taylor. He was struggling last week and we thought he might not play today and he is a key player for them. To come back from a hamstring injury and score two cracking goals you have to take your hat off....”

In the rarely-read Swindon Advertiser, Paul Bodin, Swindon's caretaker boss, said:

“The difference was Chrissy Taylor. He was struggling last week and we thought he might not play today and he is a key player for them. To come back from a hamstring injury and score two cracking goals you have to take your hat off....”

Unless you're ginger.

I agree with dave77, taylor will play as well or as badly as his confidence dictates wherever he starts from. He can cross well enough on his left when he is in the mood to try it, and in any case there wouldnt be much point him tearing up the right to put crosses in to where feeney might have been. If he is on the left he needs an overlapping lb to be most effective, if down the middle he isnt much use if we are hoofing it but if is if we are making space that he can use.

Correct, however, we only had three shots at goal in the 90mins and they were two of them......Taylor and Stephens have 40% of our goals between them, if they both leave at the end of the season who's going to score the goals to keep us up!!!

The prolific Oumare Tounkara