Pre Season Friendly's

To be fair Lee only City and maybe Liverpool would be a crowd puller. Bolton and Wigan showed last year and Blackburn in previous seasons does not appeal to people. Even Man United does not get big crowds because they tend to send second string side. Leeds and Everton on a Saturday may bring a few.

Rhyl (away)

Stalybridge Celtic (away)

Accrington (away)

Blackburn (home)

Burnley (home)

Fecking YAWN.

Meanwhile, Oxford United of all teams get a pre-season tour of the East Coast of America. Bastards.

Our pre-season type games have been eternally :censored:e really. Apart from Ibiza which was a hoot.

Rhyl (away)

Stalybridge Celtic (away)

Accrington (away)

Blackburn (home)

Burnley (home)

Fecking YAWN.

Meanwhile, Oxford United of all teams get a pre-season tour of the East Coast of America. Bastards.

Our pre-season type games have been eternally :censored:e really. Apart from Ibiza which was a hoot.

Link?

Spoke with PD tonight at the openning of the Junction Inn. One side as confirmed and he has spoken to a number of clubs from whom he is awaiting an answer on. All the clubs have been metioned in this thread.

EDIT: Sorry bar one!

Edited by Lags

To be fair Lee only City and maybe Liverpool would be a crowd puller. Bolton and Wigan showed last year and Blackburn in previous seasons does not appeal to people. Even Man United does not get big crowds because they tend to send second string side. Leeds and Everton on a Saturday may bring a few.

To be fair it wouldnt e that much due to people being away on holiday etc.

I suppose Accrington will depend on if they go up.

doubt they would again after taggart putting his hand through the dressing room wall in the fa cup :lol:

I used to go to the away friendlies, now I have to force myself to go to competitive home games..... How times change..... :disappointed:

Each to their own isn’t it though?

I quite like pre-season friendlies. The weather is invariably great, and you get to see such cult legends as “High-Tower” pull on a Latics shirt! All for usually a Fiver or less, bang tidy!

Who wants to go to America? Watching football of all things as well!

It's just the greedy league X 2 over there.

Sounds exciting, I'd love to have a few away games and a big crowd drawer at home.

I've been past Macc's place a few times and I'd love to visit there watching Latics.

The sort of dingy little terrace that puts things in perspective.

Stalybridge isn't a bad ground either, I quite liked it when I visited watch the 'tics reserves.

Man U would probably be a good 5-6K even if it is the reserves.

Spoke with PD tonight at the openning of the Junction Inn. One side as confirmed and he has spoken to a number of clubs from whom he is awaiting an answer on. All the clubs have been metioned in this thread.

EDIT: Sorry bar one!

Leicester? :grin: