If Southampton don't rate Stephen's as a championship player, do we:

A) Welcome him back with open arms and put him in the first team for next season.

B) Boo him because he doesn't want to be here

C) Leave him in the reserves to see if his heart is in it.

D) other

I'm an A man. I certainly think if he came back we should build the team around him and Furman in the centre of midfield. I thought they complimented each other perfectly and we looked a far better team with Stephens in than without him.

Thoughts?

id have him back no problem. he was offered a chance at a bigger club more money, actually being paid on time and playing with better players. If he comes back and plays like he did at start of season its a no brainier if hes playing well aiming to get a move fine. if he comes back with a billy big time attitude then maybe not but if he wants to do well in a latics shirt id have in back now.

I'm an A man. I certainly think if he came back we should build the team around him and Furman in the centre of midfield. I thought they complimented each other perfectly and we looked a far better team with Stephens in than without him.

Thoughts?

For the majority of February and March, though, this combination looked stale and predictable.

I don't really care what happens with regards to Stephens - he'd be a good person to have in our team, but I'd snap the hand off of any club that makes an offer, if the money we got from the deal meant we could keep Lee, Furman and Taylor.

For the majority of February and March, though, this combination looked stale and predictable.

I don't really care what happens with regards to Stephens - he'd be a good person to have in our team, but I'd snap the hand off of any club that makes an offer, if the money we got from the deal meant we could keep Lee, Furman and Taylor.

To be honest I'm not too fussed if e comes back or not. I'd rather him go and the money goes towards a replacement or mvoto or he stays and he brings his early season form with him.

If he's our player and is the best in that position, then for me he play's. Plus he's made the club some money by going out on loan. Money the club is very grateful for no doubt. However I expect Southampton will take him.

I'd have him back no problems. A big percentage of our goals and assists come via Stephens. Will need replacing with someone next season if he does go. If he goes then I hope a good fee comes our way but that'll depend who puts a bid in. And hopefully some of that money will be used to bring in the next Dale Stephens.

IMO its a done deal; and he's not going to be doning a Latics shirt again.

If we can get a realistic fee for him, then I hope it'll mean we can afford to keep hold of the other 3 assets we have.

Good luck to the lad, I wish him no ills whatsoever; seemed a decent kid from what I could tell.

I'd have him back no problems. A big percentage of our goals and assists come via Stephens. Will need replacing with someone next season if he does go. If he goes then I hope a good fee comes our way but that'll depend who puts a bid in. And hopefully some of that money will be used to bring in the next Dale Stephens.

if they dont want him fine...he comes back and carrys on as before,providing he is happy to do that with no resentment...if he comes back and puts himself in the shop window thats fine too...at the end of the day if him going lets us keep other players here its for the greater good...

my only concern is that we sell him too cheaply...

I might be mistaken, but I don't think Stephens and Furman played too many games together in February and March.

Injuries and suspensions meant the likes of Taylor and Mantom were being picked in the middle.

Being forced to break up that "stale and predictable" partnership did little to help us.

I might be mistaken, but I don't think Stephens and Furman played too many games together in February and March.

Injuries and suspensions meant the likes of Taylor and Mantom were being picked in the middle.

Being forced to break up that "stale and predictable" partnership did little to help us.

I think being stale and predictable has been our main problem this season all over the pitch, not just in the centre - we only tended to play one way and there was never a Plan B, which means team rumbled us as the season went on.

Furman and Stephens played alongside each other enough during the bad spell - the evidence isn't strong enough to suggest that their partnership influenced our form one way or the other.

The fact that our form has improved since Stephens' departure seems to indicate that he's replaceable, although admittedly playing Lowe as a more regular partner for Furman instead of "making do" with Mantom or playing Jones or Taylor in the centre has helped the team more.