Shit about to the hit the fan?

This has been posted on ezine and heard some of these snippets myself

"THINGS IVE BEEN TOLD THATS HAPPENING BEHIND THE SCENES.

1.NON PLAYING STAFF NOT BEEN PAID FOR 7 WEEKS.

2.STAFF REPORTED CLUB TO THE UNIONS.

3.LARGE BILL FROM INLAND REVENUE NOT BEEN PAID.

4.PLAYERS ON LOAN OR LEFT BY WAY OF SETTLEMENT NOT PAID FOR 12 WEEK AND WE ON VERGE OF BEING REPORTED TO FA,PFA AND FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

5.CORNY AND AND HARDY NOT SPOKE TO EACHOTHER FOR WEEKS.

6.GREEGAN INVITED TO DO HALF TIME DRAW TOMOZ BUT IT WAS ALL KEPT HUSH HUSH FROM DICKOV WHO IS NOT VERY HAPPY..

7.CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS SNIFFING AROUND DICKOV AND AS HES A MANAGER WHO ALWAYS LOOKS TO THE FUTURE HE HAS SAID HIS NEW BUDGET FOR NEXT YEAR DOESNT SHOW THAT.

8.SEASON TICKET MONEY HELPS US THROUGH JUNE,JULY AND AUGUST IN THE PAST BUT THIS YEAR ITS GOING STEIGHT TO CREDITORS...

THESE ARE JUST RHUMOURS THAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY A GOOD SOURCE BUT DOES THIS WANT YOU RUSH DOWN TO BP AND RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET.. ITS A CASE OF FANS BEING TOLD WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR BUT WHAT IS ACTUALY GOING ON AT THE CLUB WE ALL LOVE. ARE WE THE NEW STOCKPORT IN THE MAKING? I HOPE NOT.. AND IF IM WRONG,, IM SORRY FOR THE DOOM AND GLOOM"

If any of that is true, it is very worrying. Only reposting what's been written elsewhere, don't shoot the messenger….

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4.PLAYERS ON LOAN OR LEFT BY WAY OF SETTLEMENT NOT PAID FOR 12 WEEK AND WE ON VERGE OF BEING REPORTED TO FA,PFA AND FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

6.GREEGAN INVITED TO DO HALF TIME DRAW TOMOZ BUT IT WAS ALL KEPT HUSH HUSH FROM DICKOV WHO IS NOT VERY HAPPY..

7.CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS SNIFFING AROUND DICKOV AND AS HES A MANAGER WHO ALWAYS LOOKS TO THE FUTURE HE HAS SAID HIS NEW BUDGET FOR NEXT YEAR DOESNT SHOW THAT.

8.SEASON TICKET MONEY HELPS US THROUGH JUNE,JULY AND AUGUST IN THE PAST BUT THIS YEAR ITS GOING STEIGHT TO CREDITORS...

THESE ARE JUST RHUMOURS THAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY A GOOD SOURCE BUT DOES THIS WANT YOU RUSH DOWN TO BP AND RENEW YOUR SEASON TICKET.. ITS A CASE OF FANS BEING TOLD WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR BUT WHAT IS ACTUALY GOING ON AT THE CLUB WE ALL LOVE. ARE WE THE NEW STOCKPORT IN THE MAKING? I HOPE NOT.. AND IF IM WRONG,, IM SORRY FOR THE DOOM AND GLOOM"

If any of that is true, it is very worrying. Only reposting what's been written elsewhere, don't shoot the messenger….

It's almost believable until you get to items 6 & 7. I can't see Dickov getting worked up about Gregan coming back to do a half-time draw; it's got bugger all to do with Dickov anyway. And 7 is laughable - Championship clubs sniffing around a young, inexperience, league one manager who's proven nothing? We made a promising start but, as we all know, the second half of our season has been dreadful. If it wasn't for the good start, we'd be looking forward to next season in the basement division. I can't imagine he's really caught anyone's attention just yet.

That said, some of it may be true I suppose.

The club needs to put out a statement quashing these rumours asp.

Is there a refund clause in the season ticket contract in the event of the club folding or going into administration before the season starts, and am I right in thinking the club won't accept credit card payments for season tickets?

that post sounds like it was wrote by roylearmy/mendi from the ezine, as i see a user called ex_eggchaser wrote it there !! who could be mendi with a new user name !

Edited by boboafc

Have to wonder if posting these rumours helps the club at all?

It's no secret the club needs more money, this isn't going to encourage people to buy season tickets etc.

If some of the points are true then it's worrying.

The club needs to put out a statement quashing these rumours asp.

Is there a refund clause in the season ticket contract in the event of the club folding or going into administration before the season starts, and am I right in thinking the club won't accept credit card payments for season tickets?

You can pay for season tickets by credit card but you need to do it online via the official site. There won't be such a clause for refunds. If the club goes into administration/liquidation then you join the queue with the other creditors.

If we went into administration then football would still be being played so you could still use your season tickets.

No harm in sharing rumours from elsewhere and making it clear that's all they are.

The one that sounds most believable is that Dickov won't be happy with the budget he has for next season. However I don't expect he'll walk due to that - unless he has better offers.

I don't believe the rest - something would have come out by now.

The one that sounds most believable is that Dickov won't be happy with the budget he has for next season. However I don't expect he'll walk due to that - unless he has better offers.

“I know who I would like to see come in, but obviously that will be dictated by the budget,” he added.

“We have watched these players throughout the season and we will see what happens. If we get them, great, if not, we go again and I will not be moaning.”

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/56024/dday

Quotes from Dickov yesterday kind of indicates he's not about to throw his toys out of the pram with regards to the budget.

No harm in sharing rumours from elsewhere and making it clear that's all they are.

I don't believe the rest - something would have come out by now.

To be fair that's just what I've said, rumours. It would be encouraging if we could have some sort of statement as these rumours are coming from a number of different sources, Oldham's too small a town to keep things from people...

On the basis of this, i am going to buy a season ticket. Anyone could write the most dire predictions all the time, and no doubt feel clever when one or more of them come true, but this is clearly a load of :censored:. How close would the author have to be to how many people to know all of that lot? I wont bother myself about it and will instead get drunk and enjoy going and supporting my team at home for the first time in far too long

Some of them are believeable, but some are just bull such as the Dickov not happy one.. Why would Dickov not be happy about Greegs supposedly doing the HT draw? It's nothing to do with him AND he won't even be on the pitch at HT anyway!

You said you've heard some of them snippets yourself.. Which ones have you heard?

You can pay for season tickets by credit card but you need to do it online via the official site. There won't be such a clause for refunds. If the club goes into administration/liquidation then you join the queue with the other creditors.

If we went into administration then football would still be being played so you could still use your season tickets.

The online site is not very user friendly, as far as I can see it won't accept seniors bookings nor requested seats.

Edited by BP1960

First of all, season tickets:

IF the club went in to administration, any buyer would honour season tickets. They would be absolutely mad not to. Football would still be played. Games would still be won and lost. Life would continue. If the club was liquidated, then that's a different situation. But I don't see that as a likely outcome.

As for Section 75 Consumer Credit Act protection for credit card purchase of season tickets, it wouldn't apply as a third party agent collects those payments, not Oldham Athletic. So you might as well just buy your season ticket directly from the football club and pay with cheque, cash or debit card.

As for the other points:

1.NON PLAYING STAFF NOT BEEN PAID FOR 7 WEEKS - I think this would be common knowledge by now. I also think it's far more likely that staff not linked to the playing side would be paid first and the players last (as the option of a PFA loan to pay wages is not unheard of).

2.STAFF REPORTED CLUB TO THE UNIONS - I feel their pain.

3.LARGE BILL FROM INLAND REVENUE NOT BEEN PAID - This is my big worry. Have they set money aside to pay the inevitable bill when it come?

4.PLAYERS ON LOAN OR LEFT BY WAY OF SETTLEMENT NOT PAID FOR 12 WEEK AND WE ON VERGE OF BEING REPORTED TO FA,PFA AND FOOTBALL LEAGUE - I assume this means the likes of Smalley. Is anybody else out on loan?

5.CORNY AND AND HARDY NOT SPOKE TO EACHOTHER FOR WEEKS - probably prompted by the "Corney never goes" story.

6.GREEGAN INVITED TO DO HALF TIME DRAW TOMOZ BUT IT WAS ALL KEPT HUSH HUSH FROM DICKOV WHO IS NOT VERY HAPPY.. - I suspect Dickov's thicker skinned than that.

7.CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS SNIFFING AROUND DICKOV AND AS HES A MANAGER WHO ALWAYS LOOKS TO THE FUTURE HE HAS SAID HIS NEW BUDGET FOR NEXT YEAR DOESNT SHOW THAT. - not yet.

8.SEASON TICKET MONEY HELPS US THROUGH JUNE,JULY AND AUGUST IN THE PAST BUT THIS YEAR ITS GOING STEIGHT TO CREDITORS... always a risk that those running the club don't set the money aside to last a full season. I also think they club do actually budget quite carefully - the big unknown is attendances and these fell further than they deserved to this season.

Personally I think there are a range of exaggerations based on known events. There's not much money in the Latics jam jar.

But I've bought the season ticket and I don't think this sort of rumour should stop anybody else doing the same.

As early as next week - once the season is over - the club should make a statement regarding next season and the immediate/short-term future of the club.

If administration is looming and budgets are being cut back dramatically then potential ST holders should be informed so that they aren't misled and we go into next season with animosity on the terraces.

IMHO I think it's unlikely and the rumour-mongers are just that. There's a number of positive factors to consider -

1. Evolution - new badge and club promoting evolution and a new future

2. M'voto - a great player for us at this level - is in talks with the club to stay and genuinely loves the club ... don't you think he'll be one player questioning the prospects for next year?

3. Dickov - is talking about next season, making reference to a list of transfer targets and progress ... don't you think a young, ambitious manager won't also be questioning the ambitions of the club and sounds positive?

4. Change in council - increased support for finding a new home for the club and I reckon securing a location for the new stadium will gather pace in the close season and with this will come renewed financial support into the club

5. Our youth team - extremely promising and already with have some great home-grown players in the first team and will be looking to stake a claim next season

6. Strong nucleus of players contracted to the club for next season - Taylor, Furman, Morais, Brooke, Black

7. Tenacity & determination - the fans and the officials have been on a constant struggle for the last five or six seasons but battle on and SC gives the impression that he will not allow the club to fail and will continue to find a solution in funding and securing not only the short but also long-term future of the club

8. Loyalty of fans - continual promise then failure hasn't beaten the passion and loyalty of the hardcore contingent of fans who continue to buy STs or attend as many games as possible if they cannot commit

Keep all those positives in mind because we have two routes in the summer - admit defeat or fight on. Via the evolution we have changed our official motto and this evokes a more positive approach to the future ... "Keep the Faith" is more blind optimism whereas "We are Latics" sends a statement of togetherness, pride, determination and tenacity to continue to fight and strive for success.

The only thing hitting the fan next season, in my opinion, is a bright future right between our eyes!

I dont want an official statement in response to this sort of thing. People would make of it what they will and the words used will be quoted or misquoted in two years time to make some other point. I should say that i dont know that any of the stuff above is untrue, but i have no reason to believe it either, so it carries no weight for me

The fans have speculated on the club going into administration etc for years now. The board says time after time that we aren't going into administration.

Do the fans listen to this? Years down the line?

Its ok teh evolution will save us, didnt I post a little while ago that the silence was deafening , only to be get a load of verbal back.... Some posters on here have had their heads up their backside,