• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank god now only hazzel to go then no more stupid goals let in next season

Yep. 'cos I've heard that we're taking Van der Sar on for a year and he's bringing Vidic with him... oh wait, no. We'll sign two players who are on less money then Brill and Hazell and continue to do the best with what we have!

:petesake:

Yep. 'cos I've heard that we're taking Van der Sar on for a year and he's bringing Vidic with him...

Why would we want them?

They've both made mistakes that have led to United conceding goals this season.

I demand perfection for £500 a week!

Why would we want them?

They've both made mistakes that have led to United conceding goals this season.

I demand perfection for £500 a week!

iv heard 2 names on numerous occasions now and 1 is shane higgs and the other is fon williams

I see Brill as the average League One 'keeper, good but not great and prone to the odd error.

For me his replacement is, along with a striker, the biggest signing that Dickov will make. Reid was a bust but to be fair to Dickov he brought in Reid because we simply didn't have a striker that was capable of putting the ball in the back of the net regularly, making Reid an upgrade by default. Brill is a good enough 'keeper to be getting by with so his replacement will need to be an obvious improvement for Dickov to prove his worth in the transfer market.

Of course the striker(s) we bring in have to be an upgrade on Feeney and Reid but somehow I don't see that being much of a problem!

and Ade Akinbyi

Man he wound me up at the time but I'd take abit of his transfer humour at the moment :blush:

RoyalArmy was mildly amusing from time to time; but even he didn’t come up with the best imaginary footballer ever did he? *

I give you my Polish / Hungarian hybrid: Jarko Sweetleftfootovic.....................................ah; if only we’d signed him eh?

On topic. Really pleased with this news; its Brill news (sorry!); not for him as a person as its tough to be essentially be made redundant & now face an uncertain summer job wise; but for us a team – hopefully we can sign a competent ‘Keeper who isn’t extremely average (& that’s me being generous IMO) and isn’t prone to some inexplicable basic errors.

. * small print – he may not be the best made up footballer ever!

Fon Williams released by Rochdale (surprisibly according to my mate who goes every week to dale) - I went to the southampton game and Fon WIlliams was very good.

Really? He's looked good this season.

Amos on season-long loan, anyone?

Not unexpected, given that Dickov brought in Amos this season. I wish him well and respect the fact he got his head down and got on with it when the crowd were on his back. However, I'm glad he's on his way out as I think he is an average keeper, prone to unbelievable errors.

Agreed